What if a plague killed young Stannis?

UFT

His father does not waste time buying patchface does not get killed in the storm, the mad king not so mad with his best bud giving him good counsel.

Robert does not rebell Lyanna settles down and Jon becomes the legit 3rd head.  They all live happily ever after the end.

Moral of the story Stannis is a .... (and I can say that now since hes not part of the story so we don't have any fan boys drooling of a him)

No Stannis means that in 283AC Storms End surrenders.

Depending on when various things happen the following is possible:

- Aerys learns of the Battle of Ruby Ford - which happens as in canon

- Aerys learns of Storm's End surrender

- Aerys calls Mace to KL

When The Gang of Four and Tywin show up at the gates of KL there are 40K? Reachmen defending it. What happens next is anybody's guess - too many variables. ...

I just would like to point out that IMO:

- The defenders can be supplied by sea, so KL cannot be starved into capitulation. If need be the smallfolk can be dumped on the southern shore of the Blackwater, thus alleviating the supply situation..

- Tywin must openly chose sides - I do not think that he could "exit stage left" and go back to CR without Aerys branding him a traitor and rebel ...

54 minutes ago, Ralphis Baratheon said:

Perhaps Stannis is born a girl? Aerys would marry a female Stannis to Rhaegar since the Baratheon's have more Targaryen blood then the Martells. 

Not too young? Stacy would be 12? 13? when Rheagar married in canon?

2 hours ago, TMIFairy said:

Not too young? Stacy would be 12? 13? when Rheagar married in canon?

I feel like Aerys would hold off on marrying Rhaegar until Stacy came of age. The betrothal would probably be made after Aerys fails to find any other Targaryen progeny in Essos.  The marriage would be a happy one of course. Stacy would do her duty.

7 minutes ago, Ralphis Baratheon said:

I feel like Aerys would hold off on marrying Rhaegar until Stacy came of age. The betrothal would probably be made after Aerys fails to find any other Targaryen progeny in Essos.  The marriage would be a happy one of course. Stacy would do her duty.

So, her husband runs off with her brother's betrothed?

Poor Stacy ...

Archived