Arya as Lady Stoneheart

Reisendame

12 hours ago, Reisendame said:

Okay, so I'm not sure if this theory has been suggested elsewhere, but: what if Arya kills Little Finger with Cat's face?? I feel like that would be the one way to truly shake him up and catch him off-guard. Thoughts? 

I have not come across this one, but that would be awesome!  I have heard a theory about Arya killing Cersei with Jaime's face, that's a rabbit hole for another time...

I have a logistical question about how the face-swapping works: It know it's magic, but I'm trying to determine any rhyme or reason to how the Faceless Men wear faces. 

Would Arya physically have to go to the HofBW to obtain Cat's face (or would she have had to kill Cat herself in order to wear the face)? Is Cat's face even IN the House, if she died in Westeros and was thrown in a river? In the last season's trailer, I remember it showed ALL of the Starks faces on the wall, but that was just a teaser trailer.

Can Arya just magically wear the face of any dead person, and are the "faces" on the wall just metaphorical? Was this ever explained?

:D

1 hour ago, Reisendame said:

I have a logistical question about how the face-swapping works: It know it's magic, but I'm trying to determine any rhyme or reason to how the Faceless Men wear faces. 

Would Arya physically have to go to the HofBW to obtain Cat's face (or would she have had to kill Cat herself in order to wear the face)? Is Cat's face even IN the House, if she died in Westeros and was thrown in a river? In the last season's trailer, I remember it showed ALL of the Starks faces on the wall, but that was just a teaser trailer.

Can Arya just magically wear the face of any dead person, and are the "faces" on the wall just metaphorical? Was this ever explained?

:D

I have always felt that they have to possess the face to where it.  Case in point, Arya killed Walder Frey, so she took his face in the same way you see at the House of B&W.  But what I don't get is, if that is true, how did Arya get the face of the servant girl?  I assumed she just took if from the House of B&W, but if that's the case, the Many Faced God will not be pleased about that...

^^ Exactly!

Question: How about the serving girl she posed as? Had we seen that face prior to the Frey Feast (and scoping out Jaime)?

I am *guessing* she took the face from the House and then... traveled in disguise? If so, why isn't she traveling in disguise anymore? What happened to that chick's face after Arya ripped it off? And then Walder's? She can't stick 'em in her cap, right? Interesting that she is traipsing around Westeros (where she's most likely to be recognized), and chilling with Lannisters *not* in disguise.

Jaqen gives her a knowing, almost approving smile when she declares herself "Arya Stark"-- Maybe he/ the MFG are cool with her taking a face to take care of her business back home? Will she have repercussions for taking the face, or maybe this mission is really in service of the MFG?

I would love to see her wearing Cat's face (to snag LF specifically), and sorta bring Lady SH to life, but I'm having a difficult time trying to work out the details. Could she find her mom's corpse (now rotting for years??), and then take on Cat's [dead] appearance?  We know that a FM can take someone's face after killing them. We know they can take a face from the House (but they are not supposed to do so at their own will, only as a servant of the MF God).

Is there any more definitive information on how the face-swapping works? I can def see her taking Jaime's face... the way she was watching him.. watching his mannerisms? That would knock Cersei off her list *and* sort of fulfill the prophesy about the "little brother." Cersei may die thinking it's Jaime all along, and only the audience knows it's Arya.

6 hours ago, Jaehaerys Stark said:

I have always felt that they have to possess the face to where it.  Case in point, Arya killed Walder Frey, so she took his face in the same way you see at the House of B&W.  But what I don't get is, if that is true, how did Arya get the face of the servant girl?  I assumed she just took if from the House of B&W, but if that's the case, the Many Faced God will not be pleased about that...

I would love to have more details on that (and its implications- after all, Arya *is* dealing with a god, right?), but I don't think the show will be able delve into as many details as we'd like. 

• 2 weeks later...
On Invalid Date at 6:35 PM, Reisendame said:

I would love to have more details on that (and its implications- after all, Arya *is* dealing with a god, right?), but I don't think the show will be able delve into as many details as we'd like. 

I think we'll see Arya wear at least 1 more face before it is all said and done...

Archived