The Stargate franchise

Corvinus85

On 3/9/2018 at 10:45 AM, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Bring back SG:U.  I'd love to see a third Season.  

Scot I liked SG:U also. For me, the one scene in a nightclub where Janelle Monae was sing was the best. If only for that I wish it would come back.

On 2/26/2018 at 10:39 AM, red snow said:

I liked the Ori in the sense it meant they were evolving the show continuosly. We had the Goauld for several seasons, them the replicators, then the Ori. It kept the show from getting stale and while they may not have been the best enemy aliens, I think it was the right move for the show to try them. Maybe they'd have improved further with time?

I remember when the replicators were first shown. I was thinking, "Wait, these spider thingies are the ones who are keeping the Asgard tied up?! Those puny little weaklings?

Then they actually showed the real problem with them: every defeat makes them stronger. They almost made them too strong as antagonists, which is exactly why they were fantastic.

Literally my only complaint with the Ori is that for such powerful beings they weren't really foreshadowed much. But that obviously implies that the show writers were somehow meant to predict the future of where the show would be in eight years - and that it was still running at all.

I love SG-1. I was given all of Atlantis for my birthday once... and haven't watched it yet. One brother reckons it is the bee's knees and the other that it belongs in the gutter. I could just watch it for myself, of course. :P 

17 hours ago, Yukle said:

I remember when the replicators were first shown. I was thinking, "Wait, these spider thingies are the ones who are keeping the Asgard tied up?! Those puny little weaklings?

Then they actually showed the real problem with them: every defeat makes them stronger. They almost made them too strong as antagonists, which is exactly why they were fantastic.

Literally my only complaint with the Ori is that for such powerful beings they weren't really foreshadowed much. But that obviously implies that the show writers were somehow meant to predict the future of where the show would be in eight years - and that it was still running at all.

I love SG-1. I was given all of Atlantis for my birthday once... and haven't watched it yet. One brother reckons it is the bee's knees and the other that it belongs in the gutter. I could just watch it for myself, of course. :P 

I remember thinking they were evil Mekano sets :)

Atlantis is a bit of both. They manage to get going a lot quicker but there was a point half-way through season 2 where they'd set up loads of material and antagonists to keep them going for much longer than they actually did.

Archived