Beric's Corpse

DigUpHerBones

• 2 weeks later...
On 22 July 2017 at 11:48 AM, Black Crow said:

Why would Beric go back to Starfall, he's a Dondarrion not a Dayne.

All we know is that he passed on the living flame to Catelyn and then isn't mentioned ever again

You're thinking of Blackhaven. However, as Beric followed the Lord of Light, I assumed Thoros would have burnt his body...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I agree that as an avid follower of R'hllor, his body was probably burned. Maybe Edric returned his bones to Blackhaven, maybe he didn't. To be honest I don't think we will ever find out. I feel like since GRRM was originally going to have a 5 year time skip between ASoS and AFfC, he originally planned a much bigger story for Edric, like him becoming the next Sword of the Morning or something. Right now I have two theories:

1. We never see Edric again. Him and Anguy both return to Dorne. 

2. If Edric is indeed returning Beric's bones to Blackhaven, then perhaps he runs into fAegon in the Stormlands.

• 2 months later...
On 7/2/2018 at 3:31 PM, EloImFizzy said:

I agree that as an avid follower of R'hllor, his body was probably burned. Maybe Edric returned his bones to Blackhaven, maybe he didn't. To be honest I don't think we will ever find out. I feel like since GRRM was originally going to have a 5 year time skip between ASoS and AFfC, he originally planned a much bigger story for Edric, like him becoming the next Sword of the Morning or something. Right now I have two theories:

1. We never see Edric again. Him and Anguy both return to Dorne. 

2. If Edric is indeed returning Beric's bones to Blackhaven, then perhaps he runs into fAegon in the Stormlands.

So many things seem like they'd have worked better with the time skip.  I get why he didn't do it, but I'd be curious indeed to see what we'd have gotten if he had.

Archived