Is the fact that cersei blew up baelors sept which is the most holy place to the most popular religion in wesetero's gonna matter?

snow is the man

7 minutes ago, Cridefea said:

It makes no sense.  Even if nobody questioned her,  people should be scared. I've found interesting her scene with the iron bank.  She said the sept was a tragic accident, so the official version is "accident" and they haven't questioned it for fear. I haven't seen anyone scared.

This makes sense doesn't it...People are afraid to question Cersei's official version of events as people would be under a real word dictator.  So Cersei's "official" version is it was an accident and that's the one that will stick.  

2 minutes ago, Tagganaro said:

This makes sense doesn't it...People are afraid to question Cersei's official version of events as people would be under a real word dictator.  So Cersei's "official" version is it was an accident and that's the one that will stick.  

Sure, if they would have shown us people afraid and unsure. Like it was in the last scene of 6x10. But now I haven't see anything similar, I've seen quite the opposite.

Because who is going to do anything about it? The lowborn don't want to fight the crown. The Lannister's aren't going to stand against Cersie. The Ironborn don't care about the Seven.

Who is on her side that could possibly care. Who would care that isn't already against her? The long and short it, that the kingdoms too splintered at this point for it to matter. Oh and the King in the North believes in the old gods and the Queen on Dragonstone is a Targaryen who is bringing foreign invaders and dragons to burn Westeros down. If you care about the Seven why are you aligning yourself with them? 

This is a series that constantly bends over itself to say power is more important than any tradition. 

no it won't matter cause Cersei is the main character of the show, the one who drives the show and makes it popular and she must be kept alive and in power and winning no matter the odds at least according to the show runners.

The fact is that the show runners dont believe in Jon Snow and daenerys carrying the show. For some reason they believe the fans watch because of Cersie and her ability to keep winning, i dont know who these fans are but that seems to be their believe.

4 hours ago, Tagganaro said:

Hot pie knew about it and arya wasn't suprised. I think she said it was an accident because she couldn't say "hey I blew up the giant sept and killed a ton of people". I think people are likely not gonna question it in public for fear of what she will do but everyone knows it.

3 hours ago, Cridefea said:

Sure, if they would have shown us people afraid and unsure. Like it was in the last scene of 6x10. But now I haven't see anything similar, I've seen quite the opposite.

well the dragons scare people more. Also if dany just stomped cersei without any challenge it would be boring. They will give her a few wins then it will all come crashing down.

17 hours ago, Cridefea said:

Why would the show have to do this though?  It's a waste of time and it's common sense that lowborns, especially in King's Landing, would be afraid of Cersei after she just blew up all her enemies.  It's one thing for Hot Pie to talk about it at the Crossroads Inn away from King's Landing, but it's entirely another inside King's Landing where Cersei has all the power.  

To me there's a lot of logical gaps and leaps the show makes that are complaint-worthy, but this is not one of them.  There is no need to explain this further and waste any time on it- it makes sense on its own.

4 hours ago, Tagganaro said:

Why would the show have to do this though?  It's a waste of time and it's common sense that lowborns, especially in King's Landing, would be afraid of Cersei after she just blew up all her enemies.  It's one thing for Hot Pie to talk about it at the Crossroads Inn away from King's Landing, but it's entirely another inside King's Landing where Cersei has all the power.  

To me there's a lot of logical gaps and leaps the show makes that are complaint-worthy, but this is not one of them.  There is no need to explain this further and waste any time on it- it makes sense on its own.

In episode 3 she said the sept incident was an accident, and this was their way to handle this plothole. But...Not even the Iron banker believed it. So, either the nobles and freefolk of KG are very stupid, or they just love Cersei.

21 hours ago, Cridefea said:

Exactly, we don't see them being afraid.

On 7/27/2017 at 11:03 AM, Ser Petyr Parker said:

This is the Lannister way, and to some extent the way of the Seven Kingdoms in general. Cersei tears up Robert's will. Jaime attacks Ned in the streets. Twyin sacks King's Landing. Tyrion does... all sorts of things. Everyone is no doubt at least suspicious that Joffrey and Tommen were not Robert's. The answer, should anyone ever raise an objection, will always be "What are you going to do about it?"

Everyone knows Cersei is crazy, just as they did with Aerys II. But anyone who has the guts to question it will no doubt be aware of what happened to people who asked awkward questions even when Robert was king. 

I think this is the answer to why everyone is not up in seems against Cersei to the point of cheering Euron in the streets. They have been under the thumb of the Lannisters for so long and now she's as crazy as the Mad King. THEY ARE SCARED TO DEATH OF HER. 

I think Cersei will be in the show till the end, or close to it. The story (WW aside) started out as a struggle between the Lannisters and Starks and that will not be resolved until the end. I actually think it would be anti - climatic for her to be taken out by anyone but a Stark (preferably Sansa), and they have the WW to worry about right now. 

6 hours ago, Tagganaro said:

It's a waste of time

What waste of time? same scene, different reactions. I know they are probably afraid, but more ambiguous scenes we get, more wrong interpretations of the plot we'll have. 

20 hours ago, snow is the man said:

well the dragons scare people more. Also if dany just stomped cersei without any challenge it would be boring. They will give her a few wins then it will all come crashing down.

I don't think it is matter of plot but character's inner coherence. You were right in your first post.

On 2017. 07. 22. at 2:19 AM, snow is the man said:

I would think that her blowing up the sept would have angered alot more people. I mean that was like the most holiest place for those who believe in the seven. Maybe I am overthinking it but alot of people wouldn't fight for cersei because she basically did something so sacreligous that most people would be scared to help her

Naaaaah. This show is too busy being progressive to portray that some people may actually care about religion and its center in the capital being blown to pieces.  Also Cersei blew up the sept, so it's automatically forgivable because the show runners love Lena Headey for god knows what reason so they are ready to throw logic out of the window whenever they need to in order to get Lena to the last season. 

Archived