Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Feologild

Would it be cheating

60 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Usually the answer to any question that starts with "Is it cheating..." is "Yes. And don't drag me into your mess."

Here however there's a more important question. How did you get your hands on a time machine?

As for your time travel experience. Can you jump from one time to another or are you stuck in 1833. If the latter, I think it's fair to say that your marriage in 2017 is pretty much over. Your personal timeline decides which marriage was first.

Otherwise.
Is it cheating if you married a woman in Australia, while you are already married to a woman in Denmark?

Here again, the usual answer applies.

 

Edit: The only excemptions I can think of are Timetravelling Mormons, which agree to polygamy. But then again, they could also ask Joseph Smith.

 

Edited by Notone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a somewhat related questions. If you were born in, oh I don't know, like 1518 in the village of Glenfinnan on the shores of Loch Shiel, and you were immortal, how long would you have to wait after Heather dies before you could put yourself back on the market? Let's recall that you are immortal and Heather was not, meaning she continued to age while you did not, so the last few decades probably haven't been great in regards to the physical act of love. You know, coitus. Of course you loved Heather with all your heart, but physically you are still a young man, and as such you have certain urges. So in this case would you still be required to fulfill the full one year of heavy mourning, followed by six months of half mourning and a further six months of light mourning? Or, due to your unique circumstances, could you maybe cut that period a bit short?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"There Can Be Only One." 

can be applied in various scenarios ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lily Valley said:

No!  It's Flash Gordon!  This ain't Big Love in the '40's!

@larrytheimp  My butt hearts your heart's butt.

:Buttheart swoon:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, shortstark said:

"There Can Be Only One." 

can be applied in various scenarios ;)

I feel like you're not taking my question seriously enough. I've asked a simple question about how mourning periods should apply to immortals, and I expect a thoughtful answer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the only proper thing would be for immortals to either find a way to kill themselves or lock themselves away in a cave for the rest of time.  They should have dated another immortal.  There can be only one.  Forever and ever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

I feel like you're not taking my question seriously enough. I've asked a simple question about how mourning periods should apply to immortals, and I expect a thoughtful answer. 

Do immortals have a butt's heart? This is very important.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

I feel like you're not taking my question seriously enough. I've asked a simple question about how mourning periods should apply to immortals, and I expect a thoughtful answer. 

Is this... connor, i feel that the normal mourning period applies, times immortal years

After all the cumulative two years for a human is what? like 2 weeks to these immortal fellas? right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Xray the Enforcer said:

Do immortals have a butt's heart? This is very important.

Not only do they have butt's hearts, but also heart's butts. With so many hearts and butts you can see why the issues of mourning and coitus are such pressing ones for them.

9 minutes ago, shortstark said:

Is this... connor, i feel that the normal mourning period applies, times immortal years

After all the cumulative two years for a human is what? like 2 weeks to these immortal fellas? right?

Immortals experience both pain and desire in the same way as mortals. With this is mind please reconsider your answer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Dr. Pepper said:

I think the only proper thing would be for immortals to either find a way to kill themselves or lock themselves away in a cave for the rest of time.  They should have dated another immortal.  There can be only one.  Forever and ever.

Locked away in a cave? How ludicrous! You might as well suggest they chop off their own heads in the hopes of being resurrected on an alien planet which is also their planet of origin. See how silly you sound? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

Locked away in a cave? How ludicrous! You might as well suggest they chop off their own heads in the hopes of being resurrected on an alien planet which is also their planet of origin. See how silly you sound? 

I think that would be another good alternative.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

Not only do they have butt's hearts, but also heart's butts. With so many hearts and butts you can see why the issues of mourning and coitus are such pressing ones for them.

With all of these hearts and butts, I feel that your immortal should still observe the customary mourning period and not engage in outside coitus. This does not preclude the immortal from going ass-to-ass with his or her heart's butt and butt's heart, however, so the urges should be more than manageable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

Not only do they have butt's hearts, but also heart's butts. With so many hearts and butts you can see why the issues of mourning and coitus are such pressing ones for them.

Immortals experience both pain and desire in the same way as mortals. With this is mind please reconsider your answer. 

These urges fades with time, these persons but needs to wait a while,  or a couple centuries..problem solved?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Xray the Enforcer said:

With all of these hearts and butts, I feel that your immortal should still observe the customary mourning period and not engage in outside coitus. This does not preclude the immortal from going ass-to-ass with his or her heart's butt and butt's heart, however, so the urges should be more than manageable. 

Thank you for your thoughtful answer. This self contained ass-to-ass insight might well prove to be an effective solution.

21 minutes ago, shortstark said:

These urges fades with time, these persons but needs to wait a while,  or a couple centuries..problem solved?

Unlike the helpful Xray, your so-called solutions continue to disappoint.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

21 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

Thank you for your thoughtful answer. This self contained ass-to-ass insight might well prove to be an effective solution.

Hmmm..self cintained ass-to-ass action, this could also double as an "atrocity" which would be beneficial in remembering Heather, two problems solved... I am convinced.. You may proceed Ser

Edited by shortstark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shortstark said:

These urges fades with time, these persons but needs to wait a while,  or a couple centuries..problem solved?

Wouldn't it depend on what age you became an immortal? I mean if you are under 30 and in the height of your sexuality, would you maintain that forever? Then, maybe wait a month or two.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have to wait the two years. Applies ethically speaking from the perspective of deceased spouse and future paramour. Your own sense of frustration, whathaveyou, is pretty variable anyway, even if you were mortal. It's like any somewhat random number we pick - age to vote, age of consent, time to getting a driver's license, etc. Of course its going to be different for different people, but its a good enough ballpark and does no great hardship to people particularly above or below it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of all the years you could go to in the past, I wager 1833 is probably the boringest one of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you should just watch outlander tbh mate 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0