WOLF FICTION ( Jon and Sansa in love? )

On ‎24‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 1:27 AM, Robert Baratheon's hammer said:

The show moved past the books last season so I can't say whether the show has changed some of GRRM's original intentions to appeal the audience. The show has said that they will go down a different path to get to the same ending which along with certain moments/scenes makes me question whether they are putting in things to appeal to their larger and growing fan base. 

Nope, I doubt that's the case.

Example: an army of JB fans is still waiting for that to happen even if it's canon in the books, and twincest is still going on, after 7 seasons, unexpectly, even with mass murderer evil Queen mode on. 

19 hours ago, tormond said:

i want to see sibling jealousy between Arya and Sansa for Jon. Arya and Jon were very close and Sansa want that closeness. I want Arya Jon when he's sleeping on his bed and to crawl up in it. Later Sansa enters the roon and sees them and decides crawl up in it too. All 3 wake up in jon's bed to jon's surprise.

I thought sibling sibalry had a different meaning than that,

:wacko:

On 7/23/2017 at 8:22 PM, Lollygag said:

I agree that there’s something odd about the camera angles and stares between these two. I think that what’s going on here is major co-dependence as a result of their respective traumas.

Those traumas have received a lot of air time and it seems like they will continue to receive a lot of air time. They were so severe that Jon nearly committed suicide and Sansa openly said she’d commit suicide rather than face the possibility of going back to Ramsey. Neither had anywhere in the world to go exept with each other. Jon's substitute family (NW) had just betrayed him and Sansa's substitute father had just betrayed her. Arya and Bran were supposedly out there somewhere, but where and were they even still alive? The only person Jon had in the world was Sansa and the only person Sansa had in the world was Jon. They used each other to keep themselves emotionally afloat in their respective emotional turmoil, to give themselves purpose. Jon became the solution for Sansa, and Sansa became the solution for Jon. They wanted to go home, but they could only go home together or not at all. In the all of the Ned/Cat parallels, they recreate their childhood as best they can to comfort themselves. Again, major co-dependence and in all of that time, Jon’s emotional stability may now be tied to Sansa and Sansa’s to Jon.

According to the leaks, Jon is still secretive about his resurrection. In light of what GRRM said about wights, this hints that Jon didn’t come back right and he knows it. He’s hiding this, thus he’s likely still in emotional turmoil. Sansa wears a very prominent chain about her neck which looks like something you’d see in a dungeon. She doesn’t look like she’s been able to move beyond her trauma. Guessing that as of season 7, the co-dependence isn’t any better. If it's the case that their co-dependence has been blurring into the romantic, it’s astonishingly unhealthy and really quite sad.

This makes alot of sense actually

I agree that Jon and Sansa are touchstones for each other currently but we know that Bran is quite close and Arya is heading home - that means 3 Starks and Jon.  It could be that the arrival of brothers and sisters will help both of them re-balance themselves.  While I have noticed the touches and looks, they seem pretty brother/sisterly to me - maybe a bit more intense due to the psychological circumstances, but I do not see any sexual component.  

Since we know the ending will be bittersweet, I can actually see Jon running the North with Lyanna Mormont, in a loveless yet congenial marriage of convenience. 

20 hours ago, lakin1013 said:

I agree that Jon and Sansa are touchstones for each other currently but we know that Bran is quite close and Arya is heading home - that means 3 Starks and Jon.  It could be that the arrival of brothers and sisters will help both of them re-balance themselves.  While I have noticed the touches and looks, they seem pretty brother/sisterly to me - maybe a bit more intense due to the psychological circumstances, but I do not see any sexual component.  

Since we know the ending will be bittersweet, I can actually see Jon running the North with Lyanna Mormont, in a loveless yet congenial marriage of convenience. 

I doubt they will do that only because it would be jon marrying a ten year old girl. Even if it said the two of them weren't gonna sleep together until she was older it would still be cringeworthy. I think the bittersweet will be kings landing being destroyed and a few characters like sam and other small characters dying. I truly think cersei and jaime will die earlier.

It would be creepy is Jon slept with a 10 year old girl. Historically though, kings have married very young girls and I assume they wait to consummate the marriage until after the girl has matured.  But it would also be creepy if he sleeps with his cousin or his aunt. Jon's best clear choice is to marry Meera Reed :-)  

1 hour ago, lakin1013 said:

It would be creepy is Jon slept with a 10 year old girl. Historically though, kings have married very young girls and I assume they wait to consummate the marriage until after the girl has matured.  But it would also be creepy if he sleeps with his cousin or his aunt. Jon's best clear choice is to marry Meera Reed :-)  

Yes but most people are "okay" with people in the middle ages marrying cousins. Marrying little girls on the other hand makes most people sick (and rightly so) to think of even if it was done long ago. and jon doing that would be way too wrong.

Romantic relationship? No. This season pretty put that into nope category. Marriage for politics? Maybe but that would dependt ona lot of things to happen.

Jon wears his heart on his sleeve, when he interacts with someone who he loves sexually, romantically ... he's not gonna go behind this person back. If he's committed then he is committed. Weird looks, touching ... I mean are they supposed to give each other stinky eye or touch each other with a stick? They have issues the other cannot understand. She tries for him to listen to her, Jon is thinking that she's undremine him.

I've said it before leaks were known that this season will build some romance and it will continue into season 8 for Jon ... question who it'll be and we know the answer. As far as romance goes, because he's gonna be with a pretty important character who might die at the very end and then I can't see Jon falling in love again and even marriage is a very big question ... only if there is a time jump for an epilogue.

13 hours ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Romantic relationship? No. This season pretty put that into nope category. Marriage for politics? Maybe but that would dependt ona lot of things to happen.

Jon wears his heart on his sleeve, when he interacts with someone who he loves sexually, romantically ... he's not gonna go behind this person back. If he's committed then he is committed. Weird looks, touching ... I mean are they supposed to give each other stinky eye or touch each other with a stick? They have issues the other cannot understand. She tries for him to listen to her, Jon is thinking that she's undremine him.

I've said it before leaks were known that this season will build some romance and it will continue into season 8 for Jon ... question who it'll be and we know the answer. As far as romance goes, because he's gonna be with a pretty important character who might die at the very end and then I can't see Jon falling in love again and even marriage is a very big question ... only if there is a time jump for an epilogue.

I still think those leaks aren't real and hbo or someone who deals with the show leaked them on purpose and some will be true in the beggining but then some of the later ones will turn out to be false. The spoilers came out so early this time and so detailed...or maybe I just hope this will happen

10 hours ago, snow is the man said:

I still think those leaks aren't real and hbo or someone who deals with the show leaked them on purpose and some will be true in the beggining but then some of the later ones will turn out to be false. The spoilers came out so early this time and so detailed...or maybe I just hope this will happen

They are true. Friki, GOTit111 and DragonglassBenjen three independent sources confirmed Lads' leaks. So at this point these are true.

As I said it. There as a room for one romance and it was always going to be Jon and Dany. Given who Jon is, he's not tte kind to fall in love with two women, use someone or cheat. Of he falls in love, he falls in love. If Dany dies, it could be at the very end, means love is not possible for Jon to be developed. to jump from one woman to another. Political marriage maybe but love story is not Jon and Sansa.

On 7/29/2017 at 11:52 PM, snow is the man said:

The spoilers have all proven to be accurate.  It looks like some of the stuff in the spoilers was cut in the final version, but otherwise, there are now multiple sources that are saying the same things about what happens in season 7.  

Jon and Sansa was never going to happen and people who believed it would were inventing a rationale that doesn't exist and never did exist.

On 2. 8. 2017 at 5:01 PM, Cas Stark said:

The spoilers have all proven to be accurate.  It looks like some of the stuff in the spoilers was cut in the final version, but otherwise, there are now multiple sources that are saying the same things about what happens in season 7.  

Jon and Sansa was never going to happen and people who believed it would were inventing a rationale that doesn't exist and never did exist.

Quite frankly. I can see a political marriage at the end if Jon is a KIng, Dany dies and he needs someone to help him run the Seven Kingdoms. Only logical options would be Sansa or Arya because trusts them but not as romantic partner, rather helping things.

They do love each other as family but I wouldn't rule it out just yet. But romantic love probably not, but I don't blame people for shipping or nor do I want to take high moral ground ove them. They can ship it if they want to.

I personally support a match between Jon and Sansa.

1. Sansa's been thrown the short end of the stick for the whole series and could use a guy who's not a (insert four-letter expletive). Plus, it would keep Littlefinger from creeping on Sansa because she looks like her mother.

2. It would solidify Jon's position as King in the North. Despite being King in the North, Jon's still a bastard, and despite R+L=J, he's still a bastard (hopefully not a daughter-f**king, willing bastard). Marrying Sansa would solidify his claim as King. Even so, being a Targaryen is still not great news for Jon, since the Northern bannermen in Season 1 said they would never yield to the Iron Throne again.

3. Cousin marriages are not alien to the Starks. For example, Ned's father Rickard and mother Lyarra were first cousins.

4. Don't know how viable Bran is with continuing the Stark line. 

5. Would make a nice parallel to Ned and Catelyn, one of the only happy marriages in the series. Ned and Catelyn didn't necessarily like each other before they got married. Pragmatism became love and devotion, why not for Jon and Sansa?

6. Daenerys is probably barren. New Targaryens have to come from somewhere else.

This page got me thinking.

On 7/23/2017 at 2:34 PM, Robert Baratheon's hammer said:

Right finally its up and running. This thread isn't too serious but Is it really beyond the realms of possibility for Jon and Sansa to marry?

Yes. 

Jon and Sansa have absolutely no reason to get married. There is no romance between them and it hasn't been foreshadowed in any way. Book or show.

To anyone who thinks they saw "tension" between Jon and Sansa, I'd suggest you go to ao3 and read some fanfic because that's the closest you'll ever get to Jonsa being canon. 

On 8/4/2017 at 11:23 AM, Angel Eyes said:

I personally support a match between Jon and Sansa.

1. Sansa's been thrown the short end of the stick for the whole series and could use a guy who's not a (insert four-letter expletive).

This is true of all the main female characters. 

Plus, it would keep Littlefinger from creeping on Sansa because she looks like her mother.

Nothing can keep LF from creeping on Sansa. LF doesn't care whom Sansa marries, as long as he's the one who ends up with her in the end.

2. It would solidify Jon's position as King in the North.

No, it wouldn't. The Northerners named Jon their king, and the other Starks would support Jon's kingship. Marrying another Stark would bring nothing additional to the table. Marriage alliances are supposed to forge bonds with houses that would otherwise be unfriendly. There's no house friendlier to Jon than House Stark.

4. Don't know how viable Bran is with continuing the Stark line. 

Arya and Sansa can have kids with lesser nobles and give them the Stark name. Or they can birth bastards and give them the Stark name, which is what Maege Mormont did with her kids. Jon doesn't need to factor in at all. Arya and Sansa can marry anyone they want.

5. Would make a nice parallel to Ned and Catelyn, one of the only happy marriages in the series. Ned and Catelyn didn't necessarily like each other before they got married. Pragmatism became love and devotion, why not for Jon and Sansa?

Because that presupposes that Jon and Sansa would need to marry for political reasons, and that isn't true.

Not to mention that Sansa is unlikely to want to marry for any reason other than love, after being forced into two sham marriages for political purposes.

6. Daenerys is probably barren. New Targaryens have to come from somewhere else.

If Jon is legitimized, he doesn't need to marry Sansa to father Targs; he can marry anyone he wants. 

6 hours ago, Newstar said:

No, it wouldn't. The Northerners named Jon their king, and the other Starks would support Jon's kingship. Marrying another Stark would bring nothing additional to the table. Marriage alliances are supposed to forge bonds with houses that would otherwise be unfriendly. There's no house friendlier to Jon than House Stark.

Arya and Sansa can have kids with lesser nobles and give them the Stark name. Or they can birth bastards and give them the Stark name, which is what Maege Mormont did with her kids. Jon doesn't need to factor in at all. Arya and Sansa can marry anyone they want.

If Jon is legitimized, he doesn't need to marry Sansa to father Targs; he can marry anyone he wants. 

They did name Jon king, but what'll happen if/when they find out that their king is a Targaryen bastard? Northerners won't be pleased when they find that they've been ruled by a mummer's wolf.

Can they give the Stark name to lesser nobles? It seems dodgy, considering that Catelyn, Lysa and Olenna, to give examples, didn't keep their maiden names when they married. How do you know that Maege Mormont bore several bastards?

Archived