WOLF FICTION ( Jon and Sansa in love? )

I'm restarting this thread as I posted it in the wrong section. Silly me. 

In honor of these love theories, I'd like to add this well thought one to the pack.

So, what about Jon and Sansa? They're only cousins after-all... 

You can clearly see the sexual tension between them whenever they're together. Ever since Sansa gave Jon the sowed wolf coat Jon has been fighting back his deep deep feelings for her. In the last episode Sansa grabbed his arm and complimented his leadership skills, obviously trying to flirt with him but Jon was playing hard to get and managed to restrain himself from planting a kill on her pale face and soft lips. 

Some may say Danny's more beautiful and that he needs her for the whole white walker thing while others say Jon needs a Wolf bitch to really make him happy and who better than his actual sister...well cousin arya stark. But you know what these people forget huh? They forget that Jon fell in love with Ygritte who has Ginger hair which Dany and Arya unfortunately don't have and who does have Ginger hair? That's right you guessed it Sansa Stark and Tormund.

Based on that I am convinced Jon will end up with Sansa. 

Unless of course he has feelings for Tormund.

Please leave your thoughts on Jon and Sansa falling in love. P.S how do I delete the old thread???

27 minutes ago, snow is the man said:

Personally I want dany to marry someone else and leave the north to be it's own country. Leave jon as king of the north. If he had to marry sansa for that I would take the trade off. Maybe that is why she is acting like she is.  I don't think it will happen to be honest but who knows

Yeah I'd hate it if Jon and Danny ended up together, a lot of fans would love it though which makes it more likely considering how much fan service we've had these last couple of seasons. As for Sansa and Jon all jokes aside I don't get that brother and sister vibe from them, It seems like there is some sought of tension between them. I also don't think or want anything to come of it but can't help getting that vibe from them when there together. I can't be the only one who got those interpretations of their scenes in the show. 

They could definitely marry. I think it makes sense. Sansa has close family ties to three kingdoms, so that seems like a very powerful marriage alliance. I think Little Finger sees that potential.

What are their personal feelings for one another? Well, the camera shots are very odd. Focusing in on physical contact is usually a move made in romantic films. The camera focusing on  surreptitious staring as well. Like I said on another thread the most platonic explanation for the weird camera choices might be to show that Sansa is manipulating Jon (the touching when she talks to him.) Still, if she is manipulating him by touches, it still has a sexual implication. People say that Sansa will manipulate LF with sex like Cersei mentioned to her, but I haven't seen Sansa do anything with LF to show this. On the other hand, we do know that Sansa will touch/grab Jon now and then. Of course that happens in platonic situations as well, but the camera directions change when Sansa does this- we get a close-up, so it means more than just a simple physical interaction.

4 minutes ago, Bear Claw said:

They could definitely marry. I think it makes sense. Sansa has close family ties to three kingdoms, so that seems like a very powerful marriage alliance. I think Little Finger sees that potential.

What are their personal feelings for one another? Well, the camera shots are very odd. Focusing in on physical contact is usually a move made in romantic films. The camera focusing on  surreptitious staring as well. Like I said on another thread the most platonic explanation for the weird camera choices might be to show that Sansa is manipulating Jon (the touching when she talks to him.) Still, if she is manipulating him by touches, it still has a sexual implication. People say that Sansa will manipulate LF with sex like Cersei mentioned to her, but I haven't seen Sansa do anything with LF to show this. On the other hand, we do know that Sansa will touch/grab Jon now and then. Of course that happens in platonic situations as well, but the camera directions change when Sansa does this- we get a close-up, so it means more than just a simple physical interaction.

Yes exactly, I'm glad someone else noticed this. The camera shots, the physical interaction and the general awkwardness between the two, feels like the show is trying to convey something important. These scenes could also be however trying to express how uncomfortable they are around each other since they were never very close before they became scattered across Westeros. A lot of time has passed since then which is why they might not have that natural brotherly and sister love. Therefore they act awkward together which might be what the show was trying to express. 

I do like the idea of Sansa manipulating Jon. From being manipulated to manipulating would show great character development.

3 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

In the panel from this week, Sophie was asked about Jon and Sansa's relationship and she used the words "sibling rivalry".

Do you think she is trying to manipulate Jon? Why did they close up on her arm grab, like  they did a close up on  her hand grab last year?

4 minutes ago, Bear Claw said:

Do you think she is trying to manipulate Jon? Why did they close up on her arm grab, like did a close up on  her hand grab last year?

My impression is that she was trying to be sincere with Jon. From the one hand, she wants to be listened to, (because she has learned some skills these years that Jon lacks of, they mention it, he is the military) but from the other she also wants to advice him.

I didn't pay attention to those grabbing scenes, bt I suppose the reason is that they want to make it (subtlety) clear that ultimately Sansa will choose to saty with Jon, her family, instead of LF (although during all the season LF will be manipulating her again and she might be confused as well).

1 hour ago, Robert Baratheon's hammer said:

Yeah I'd hate it if Jon and Danny ended up together, a lot of fans would love it though which makes it more likely considering how much fan service we've had these last couple of seasons. As for Sansa and Jon all jokes aside I don't get that brother and sister vibe from them, It seems like there is some sought of tension between them. I also don't think or want anything to come of it but can't help getting that vibe from them when there together. I can't be the only one who got those interpretations of their scenes in the show. 

You make it sound like the show has changed GRRM's original intentions on certain things to appeal to the audience.  Do you have any proof to back this claim up?

30 minutes ago, Ser Gareth said:

You make it sound like the show has changed GRRM's original intentions on certain things to appeal to the audience.  Do you have any proof to back this claim up?

The show moved past the books last season so I can't say whether the show has changed some of GRRM's original intentions to appeal the audience. The show has said that they will go down a different path to get to the same ending which along with certain moments/scenes makes me question whether they are putting in things to appeal to their larger and growing fan base. 

4 minutes ago, Robert Baratheon's hammer said:

The show moved past the books last season so I can't say whether the show has changed some of GRRM's original intentions to appeal the audience. The show has said that they will go down a different path to get to the same ending which along with certain moments/scenes makes me question whether they are putting in things to appeal to their larger and growing fan base. 

I'd say they are merely cutting out certain minor characters.  In terms of large scale romances, between major characters (POV characters from AGOT), I doubt the show will do anything too far removed from the books.

I agree that there’s something odd about the camera angles and stares between these two. I think that what’s going on here is major co-dependence as a result of their respective traumas.

Those traumas have received a lot of air time and it seems like they will continue to receive a lot of air time. They were so severe that Jon nearly committed suicide and Sansa openly said she’d commit suicide rather than face the possibility of going back to Ramsey. Neither had anywhere in the world to go exept with each other. Jon's substitute family (NW) had just betrayed him and Sansa's substitute father had just betrayed her. Arya and Bran were supposedly out there somewhere, but where and were they even still alive? The only person Jon had in the world was Sansa and the only person Sansa had in the world was Jon. They used each other to keep themselves emotionally afloat in their respective emotional turmoil, to give themselves purpose. Jon became the solution for Sansa, and Sansa became the solution for Jon. They wanted to go home, but they could only go home together or not at all. In the all of the Ned/Cat parallels, they recreate their childhood as best they can to comfort themselves. Again, major co-dependence and in all of that time, Jon’s emotional stability may now be tied to Sansa and Sansa’s to Jon.

According to the leaks, Jon is still secretive about his resurrection. In light of what GRRM said about wights, this hints that Jon didn’t come back right and he knows it. He’s hiding this, thus he’s likely still in emotional turmoil. Sansa wears a very prominent chain about her neck which looks like something you’d see in a dungeon. She doesn’t look like she’s been able to move beyond her trauma. Guessing that as of season 7, the co-dependence isn’t any better. If it's the case that their co-dependence has been blurring into the romantic, it’s astonishingly unhealthy and really quite sad.

11 minutes ago, Lollygag said:

Guessing that as of season 7, the co-dependence isn’t any better. If it's the case that their co-dependence has been blurring into the romantic, it’s astonishingly unhealthy and really quite sad.

That is a very good explanation, and I feel this last remark you made recalls Sansa's "unkiss". 

22 hours ago, Lollygag said:

I agree that there’s something oddarrow-10x10.png about the camera angles and stares between these two. I think that what’s going on here is major co-dependence as a result of their respective traumas.

Those traumas have received a lot of air time and it seems like they will continue to receive a lot of air time. They were so severe that Jon nearly committed suicide and Sansa openly said she’d commit suicide rather than face the possibility of going back to Ramsey. Neither had anywhere in the world to go exept with each other. Jon's substitute family (NW) had just betrayed him and Sansa's substitute father had just betrayed her. Arya and Bran were supposedly out there somewhere, but where and were they even still alive? The only person Jon had in the world was Sansa and the only person Sansa had in the world was Jon. They used each other to keep themselves emotionally afloat in their respective emotional turmoil, to give themselves purpose. Jon became the solution for Sansa, and Sansa became the solution for Jon. They wanted to go home, but they could only go home together or not at all. In the all of the Ned/Cat parallels, they recreate their childhood as best they can to comfort themselves. Again, major co-dependence and in all of that time, Jon’s emotional stability may now be tied to Sansa and Sansa’s to Jon.

According to the leaks, Jon is still secretive about his resurrection. In light of what GRRM said about wights, this hints that Jon didn’t come back right and he knows it. He’s hiding this, thus he’s likely still in emotional turmoil. Sansa wears a very prominent chain about her neck which looks like something you’d see in a dungeon. She doesn’t look like she’s been able to move beyond her trauma. Guessing that as of season 7, the co-dependence isn’t any better. If it's the case that their co-dependence has been blurring into the romantic, it’s astonishingly unhealthy and really quite sad.

Great analysis. They have been through a hell of lot which is bound to have affected them psychologically. I do hope the leaks are right and that we resit Jon's resurrection because it did feel like it was downplayed last season.  

i want to see sibling jealousy between Arya and Sansa for Jon. Arya and Jon were very close and Sansa want that closeness. I want Arya to meet Jon when he's sleeping on his bed and to crawl up in it. Later Sansa enters the roon and sees them and decides crawl up in it too. All 3 wake up in jon's bed to jon's surprise.

On 23/7/2017 at 5:47 PM, Meera of Tarth said:

In the panel from this week, Sophie was asked about Jon and Sansa's relationship and she used the words "sibling rivalry".

Well, they're siblings. What is she supposed to say exactly? Lovers rivalry? Cousins? They don't know yet. 

On 23/7/2017 at 8:22 PM, Lollygag said:

I agree that there’s something odd about the camera angles and stares between these two. I think that what’s going on here is major co-dependence as a result of their respective traumas.

Great analysis! Their relationship gives me Freudian vibes, a bit creepy, I know. 

Archived