[Spoilers] EP702 Discussion

Ran

I think that Daenerys actually should have attacked King's Landing sooner rather than later.  She's just giving Cersei time to come up with dragon-stopping weapons; and guess what, Qyburn is doing just that.  If Dany's worried about mass killing in King's Landing; she could concentrate dragonfire on the palace, keep the Dothraki out of the fight and just send the Unsullied into the city with orders not to harm civilians.  

At this rate, Cersei and King's Landing will implode (with or without the help of wildfire) long before Dany gets there.  Or, hello, Euron, First of His Name, King of Westeros.

Just now, hallam said:

Well there is the theory that Lightbringer is Grey Worms's cock and that he will be restored by the lord of light.

Why didn't they give us a little bit penis remnants there? Would have been good for a laugh.

Any sane production would have given us a real emotional and touching scene there - if we had to have the eunuch love story at all - not this travesty of nakedness and sex.

I think Nymeria and pack will show up in WF, probably when Arya is in danger..maybe they'll get Littlefinger.

I probably never cheered as much as when the Sand Snakes died..FINALLY!

I do hope that the torture coming to the other ones doesn't involve rape, especially from the Mountain..too much even for me.

Totally cared less about the little Grey Worm/Missandei scence

Sansa is right that Jon shouldn't go, its really her who should be going as an envoy, but of course D&D can never understand actual logic when it comes to this, and they need to get to Jon and Dany meeting..looking forward to Davos in Dragonstone though, hes got to kill Melisandre

3 minutes ago, hallam said:

They needed to re-introduce the dire wolves. Given how expensive they are, they won't have done it on a whim. 

Is it really that much more expensive to use the wolves than three dragons? Or huge battles on ships? 

2 minutes ago, Raksha 2014 said:

I think that Daenerys actually should have attacked King's Landing sooner rather than later.  She's just giving Cersei time to come up with dragon-stopping weapons; and guess what, Qyburn is doing just that.  If Dany's worried about mass killing in King's Landing; she could concentrate dragonfire on the palace, keep the Dothraki out of the fight and just send the Unsullied into the city with orders not to harm civilians.  

At this rate, Cersei and King's Landing will implode (with or without the help of wildfire) long before Dany gets there.  Or, hello, Euron, First of His Name, King of Westeros.

Yeah, I agree. Olenna is right in that they should have just attacked. Instead she made known her presence and then delayed even longer. I get that she doesn't want to be the Queen of Ashes and I respect her for wanting to fight this war with the least amount of civilian deaths, but if she is so determined to just seize the capital by force, then she should have done it immediately. Now a prolonged war will give Cersei time to develop weapons, and, I would suspect, put Aerys' backup plan back into commission. 

I was actually enjoying this episode up until the last 5 minutes... when the two largest fleets in all of westeros bump into one another. In the middle of an ocean. In the pitch black of night. Without anyone sounding the alarm.

What do you guys think will happen with Littlefinger?  Remember Ned Stark put him in the same chokehold in season one and then look what happened to poor old dead Ned.  It seems to me that LF will betray house Stark again.  Ughhhh what a god damn weasel.  Sansa should tell Lord Royce immediately about Lysa's murder.  

This episode wasn't as terrible as the first, but it was a whole lot of meh. It was just exposition and repetition of stuff we knew already and all very plain and barebones.

Overall, I'm like Missandei when Greyworm took off his pants, wondering "Where's the meat?" (And I don't mean the gross, infected meat like Jorah's. I mean like genuinely meaty scenes).

Edited by Good Guy Garlan

Just now, Stark side of the MoonDoor said:

What do you guys think will happen with Littlefinger?  Remember Ned Stark put him in the same chokehold in season one and then look what happened to poor old dead Ned.  It seems to me that LF will betray house Stark again.  Ughhhh what a god damn weasel.  Sansa should tell Lord Royce immediately about Lysa's murder.  

I think LF provoked Jon to give himself an excuse for a later betrayal. "well Jon attacked me, so I guess I am justified in..."

Regarding the Hot Pie scene -

The Inn (Inns in general) has been a crossroads of sorts throughout the show and a dangerous place to draw attention.  Initially it felt like she was trying to get in and out as quickly as possible w/o drawing attention (despite stealing someone's order).  She also seemed to be trying to maintain focus on a No One's type mindset and not lose focus from the task she's working towards.  Hot Pie draws her out a bit, but she does her best to keep "Arya" at bay.  When Hot Pie mention's Jon Snow becoming King of the North she does break from the mindset and it's not until she rides off that she's made her choice.  

Thb, this felt more in character than the Frey Mass Murder/feeding Frey his on the last 2 episodes she was in.

Quick Edited a Typo.

Edited by no_one_...

5 minutes ago, dooog said:

I was actually enjoying this episode up until the last 5 minutes... when the two largest fleets in all of westeros bump into one another. In the middle of an ocean. In the pitch black of night. Without anyone sounding the alarm.

An interesting thought, but I don't think they were in the middle of an ocean.

I thought Yara & Co. were just going down the coast of the Narrow Sea., and Euron & Co. were coming up the same coast, and that s where they happened to meet.

I will agree it seems implausible that they got THAT CLOSE to each other before anybody realized they were there, though.

I liked this episode, minus the pointless Missy and Grey Worm scene and the, "Old Lady, Young Lady" flirting session.

1. How does 1,000 ships sneak up on you???  No scouts in the fleet, no one sounding the alarm (as mentioned). This isn't a speedboat fleet, they would have have time to signal, and form up for battle.  

2. How did Euron know what ship was their flag ship?? In pitch black darkness????  

3. I am glad the Sand Worms are done . . . . . and Cersei will get her revenge against her Daughter's killers.

4. I liked the North scenes except Jon and Little Weasel.  It reminded me as mentioned, of Ned and Little Weasel

5.  LF asked for Sansa's hand in marriage?  Why??

6.  I am glad Varys got put in his place.

7. Grey Worm is heading into a Trap .  . .will Ser Gregorstein be there to take on Grey Worm?????

8.  Where is this season going????? Huge victory for Euron and Cersei . . . .  also, watching Euron with an ax reminded me Vic Greyjoy.

9. I got confused was it Lady, or Nymeria? They did cut away from her death scene in season 1 . . . but no D and D confirm it was Nymeria.

10.  See ya next week!!! 

First off, why is Bran not at WF yet?!

Jon Snow is a lost character at this point.  He is disconnected and contributes nothing.

why are we wittnessing surgical procedure instead of magic cures?  Nobody cares about surgery!!!

why is Daeny ordering the battle to begin when she is waiting for the king in the north, if she truly wants to galvanize the support first?

and if she is ordering the battle why is she not participating but sitting at Dragonstone?

and no, we do not care about Nymeria showing up only to say no to Arya.

Overall this was a weird episode, almost dumb.