[SPOILER] So about Dorne...

goomba

There are two possibilities:

1. Dorne is out of the way, because the leader is gone. Would be a pity, but that is how the show works now.

2. Another thing that happens quite often in the show is, that the killer of the boss becomes the new boss. Jamie would not want to hear this, but Show-Westeros seems to work that way. That means that Euron is now the new Dornish Boss.

What? I hear you say that's nonsense? Just learning from the show, guys.

It's a feudal system. With the main house taken out, Dorne will be mainly busy with a dominance struggle between the more powerful remaining houses there, keeping them effectively out of the war. The Dornish aren't that tightly bound to the Martells, let alone the Sands, and they've generally kept to themselves in wars. Joining up with the Tyrells is already not very popular there anyway... though it's questionable what strength Highgarden has, Tarly's probably got the army's loyalty.

Reasonable assumptions would say that Euron will play with the bad putty to get a Dornish heir in the long term, that's his prize. Cersei will kill Ellaria slowly - perhaps a treatment inspired by the faith, though she'll grow impatient and burn her alive eventually. 

In the end, Young Griff will finally make it to the show and after the rest of the seven kingdoms are annihilated in the War of Winter, he'll use the Dornish to take the Iron Throne. He'll marry Sansa and they'll have a son who they name Ned. Then he'll take off his face, it turns out to be Arya, and the show ends.

1 hour ago, Zombies That Were Promised said:

Stormlands, Riverlands, The Vale, and Dorne are all written off the show.  Don't expect anything further.

You have Lannisters, Greyjoys, The North, and Daenerys....... that's it.  That's how they wrap the series up in 11 more episodes.

I called this episode 'Removing non-essential characters and Doing Important feeling scenes' and they did so.  I felt like the writers had a check sheet with items like

-kill non-essentials
-meaningless sex scenes
-big battle in the dark
-cringe-worthy medical scenes
-sad Arya scene
-empowered Sansa

They didn't have a leader since Ellaria DECIDED TO KILL DORAN. One of the stupidest things among many of the Dorne subplot. Cannot wrap my head around how convoluted they've made Ellaria's character. At least the book version is still there. D&D have just butchered this storyline.

16 hours ago, Zombies That Were Promised said:

Stormlands, Riverlands, The Vale, and Dorne are all written off the show.  Don't expect anything further.

You have Lannisters, Greyjoys, The North, and Daenerys....... that's it.  That's how they wrap the series up in 11 more episodes.

I agree. I think as far as the show goes they want it streamlined down to as few characters as possible, so we won't see any more Dornishmen. Now as far as the Dornish (military) men....maybe Euron? Maybe he'll stab Cersei in the back. I will miss the Sand Snakes though.

18 hours ago, Zombies That Were Promised said:

Well the Vale is "led" by Littlefinger. But I agree, guess the show won't use the dornish army again, or maybe Cersei will torture Tyene and force Ellaria to fight for her side. Stupid all 3 Sand snakes + Ellaria where on same ship, at least one sand snake should have been left in Dorne... 

14 minutes ago, Fearodh said:

Well the Vale is "led" by Littlefinger. But I agree, guess the show won't use the dornish army again, or maybe Cersei will torture Tyene and force Ellaria to fight for her side. Stupid all 3 Sand snakes + Ellaria where on same ship, at least one sand snake should have been left in Dorne... 

Weak women will never rule Dorne again.

Archived