[SPOILER] So about Dorne...

goomba

On 7/24/2017 at 8:57 AM, Zombies That Were Promised said:

Stormlands, Riverlands, The Vale, and Dorne are all written off the show.  Don't expect anything further.

You have Lannisters, Greyjoys, The North, and Daenerys....... that's it.  That's how they wrap the series up in 11 more episodes.

Probably right.  Cersei/Euron/Jamie are not going to do anything with Dorne if it was staying in the show, as Dorne has always been a geographically difficult place to invade, even the Targaryen dragons struggled to invade there.  But most likely the show is just cutting down as they have so much to cover in these last two seasons.  Without George Martin's thorough, detailed and well paced writing the show is disposing of some quality for the sake of speed. If Winds of Winter was already out in it's 1000+ page glory, the show would need more than 2 seasons to do it justice.

On 7/24/2017 at 8:57 AM, Zombies That Were Promised said:

Stormlands, Riverlands, The Vale, and Dorne are all written off the show.  Don't expect anything further.

You have Lannisters, Greyjoys, The North, and Daenerys....... that's it.  That's how they wrap the series up in 11 more episodes.

Um... The Vale is very much still in the show.  LF controls the KotV.  Unless you mean the KotV are now simply part of the north?

I have got to Imagine LF is going to try something stupid with the KotV.

PS you forgot the WW's!

Gendry will rally the Stormlands!

6 hours ago, House Rootbreaker said:

Probably right.  Cersei/Euron/Jamie are not going to do anything with Dorne if it was staying in the show, as Dorne has always been a geographically difficult place to invade, even the Targaryen dragons struggled to invade there.  But most likely the show is just cutting down as they have so much to cover in these last two seasons.  Without George Martin's thorough, detailed and well paced writing the show is disposing of some quality for the sake of speed. If Winds of Winter was already out in it's 1000+ page glory, the show would need more than 2 seasons to do it justice.

Ugh (this show's bastardization of Dorne, pun intended). We probably won't see it, if due to the King's Landing, The Wall, etc. focus. IF they were to do something (which they won't) I could see them doing something where Olenna fashioned an alliance. They want as few characters as possible so I assume we'll see MANY others go.

On 7/24/2017 at 1:38 AM, Nami said:

they obviously don't care since they let a bastard regicide to rule them before

Dorne is full of Bastards but I bet the show runners will probably say in the next episode that the entire Dornish army was lost at sea thanks to Euron, sort of like, the Stormlands, Riverlands forces are somehow gone altogether. So, throw in Dornish with it and it ties up a loose end for the big finish.

21 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

Dorne is full of Bastards but I bet the show runners will probably say in the next episode that the entire Dornish army was lost at sea thanks to Euron, sort of like, the Stormlands, Riverlands forces are somehow gone altogether. So, throw in Dornish with it and it ties up a loose end for the big finish.

it is full of bastard, they don't rule however

9 minutes ago, Nami said:

it is full of bastard, they don't rule however

Dorne, on this show, is, was hastily written and seemingly has just been wrapped up and done with. I bet the whole Army of Dorne will be said to have died at sea and no longer will be of any consequence for the remainder fo the "Wars".

13 hours ago, House Rootbreaker said:

Im sorry, but I must disagree strongly here. George's writing is of a high quality, but it is NOT "well paced". Not even remotely close to it.

George's writing includes even more pointless filler than the show does and his books (especially Feast and Dance) could have used some serious editing.

14 hours ago, Xarkar said:

Um... The Vale is very much still in the show.  LF controls the KotV.  Unless you mean the KotV are now simply part of the north?

I have got to Imagine LF is going to try something stupid with the KotV.

PS you forgot the WW's!

Gendry will rally the Stormlands!

The Vale are now simply Northern Bannermen, like the Glovers, Manderlys, Cerwyns, Mormonts, Karstarks, and Umbers.

By this I mean that is how little of consequence they are in the show.  They are absorbed by The North and are no longer a sovereignty with a plotline of their own.  They wrote out Sweetrobin and replaced him with Lord Royce.  What was the point of his training if not to be the first face you saw charging in to save Jon Snow at the Battle of the Bastards?  Instead the first face was some red shirt LOL.

8 hours ago, Gaz0680 said:

Im sorry, but I must disagree strongly here. George's writing is of a high quality, but it is NOT "well paced". Not even remotely close to it.

George's writing includes even more pointless filler than the show does and his books (especially Feast and Dance) could have used some serious editing.

Good point, he does have a good amount of useless information throughout his books but given his vagueness of it all, you sometimes don't know what tidbit of info will be prominent later. But his pacing can be inconsistent. And to be fair to your opnion I have only just finished A Storm of Swords so maybe it will get worse.

I suppose I was more referring to his story building.  Where in the show now, they have no time for that.  In S6/Ep 10 Varys made it from Mereen to Dorne, back to Mereen, then back on the Narrow Sea in one episode! You lose a lot of quality story building when you speed things up like that.  The show writers openly admit they are sacrificing characters and story building for higher production values.

I don't think George intended for one message to be sent from Dany to Jon and then have them meet in the next chapter.  The whole series has been building for Dany and Jon so it just feels rushed.

19 hours ago, Zombies That Were Promised said:

The Vale are now simply Northern Bannermen, like the Glovers, Manderlys, Cerwyns, Mormonts, Karstarks, and Umbers.

By this I mean that is how little of consequence they are in the show.  They are absorbed by The North and are no longer a sovereignty with a plotline of their own.  They wrote out Sweetrobin and replaced him with Lord Royce.  What was the point of his training if not to be the first face you saw charging in to save Jon Snow at the Battle of the Bastards?  Instead the first face was some red shirt LOL.

I really dont know about this.  I feel like you are probably right, but at the same point I feel like they need LF to do something.

All the houses you listed are Northern houses (save for the Vale knights).

What happens when LF gets told no, and he decides to leave?  Will Royce follow him or will he tell LF to F off. 

They'll introduce Arianne Martell, with no explanation as to why she's been left out of the story so far. They'll then proceed to fuck up Dorne amidst weird sexual encounters that make zero sense and plots a 5 year old came up with while bees stung him mercilessly.

On 7/25/2017 at 3:31 AM, Fearodh said:

Well the Vale is "led" by Littlefinger. But I agree, guess the show won't use the dornish army again, or maybe Cersei will torture Tyene and force Ellaria to fight for her side. Stupid all 3 Sand snakes + Ellaria where on same ship, at least one sand snake should have been left in Dorne... 

Yes, why didn't Ellaria leave one of the Sand Brats in Dorne as regent/deputy?  I'm no military strategist, but it just seems to be common sense not to put all your Martell eggs in one basket.

They won't show Dorne ever again on the screen. But realistically speaking: 1.-Ellaria shouldn't have gotten to rule... why would anybody follow her? 2.-Once the whole Martell family is out of the way, the Dornish lords will probably either declare themselves independent until the winner of the war come knocking to their door, or 3.-start a dornish civil war over the throne, with some lords seeking the support of Daenerys or even of Cersei.

Archived