[SPOILER] So about Dorne...

goomba

On 26/07/2017 at 8:59 AM, Zombies That Were Promised said:

The Vale are now simply Northern Bannermen, like the Glovers, Manderlys, Cerwyns, Mormonts, Karstarks, and Umbers.

By this I mean that is how little of consequence they are in the show.  They are absorbed by The North and are no longer a sovereignty with a plotline of their own.  They wrote out Sweetrobin and replaced him with Lord Royce.  What was the point of his training if not to be the first face you saw charging in to save Jon Snow at the Battle of the Bastards?  Instead the first face was some red shirt LOL.

Sweetrobin is not there because he is an incapable child who no one wants to be there. His training showed that he is unlikely to ever be able to hold his own in battle.

The Vale attacked the Warden of the North, from which it follows that they are in open rebellion against the crown, so they pretty much had to throw in with king Jon. However, king Jon does not acknowledge the threat from down south, and the Vale knows nothing of the white walkers (aside from myths, maybe), so I suspect that we are going to see them taking action on their own.

55 minutes ago, Ser Lepus said:

They won't show Dorne ever again on the screen. But realistically speaking: 1.-Ellaria shouldn't have gotten to rule... why would anybody follow her? 2.-Once the whole Martell family is out of the way, the Dornish lords will probably either declare themselves independent until the winner of the war come knocking to their door, or 3.-start a dornish civil war over the throne, with some lords seeking the support of Daenerys or even of Cersei.

I don't know about that. I think they're done. No bastard or mistress would be a viable ruler. Now, while GRRM could do all sorts of cool things in TWOW and forward with Done like you mentioned, the show will either dump them or like someone else said suddenly introduce Arianne.

I don't think the show cares at all and I doubt we will find out.  Dorne existed basically for Oberyn and the Sandsnakes on the show.  Once it became clear the Sandsnakes were enormous failures, it seems as if the show just decided to cut bait.  It's not like the Sandsnakes were great characters in the book, but I still continue to marvel at how badly the show screwed them up, despite all the hype.    

Archived