[Spoilers] Rant and Rave with Impunity

3 hours ago, boojam said:

Ellaria had a perfect rejoinder and didn't say it.

"Who is responsible for the Red Wedding and who killed your father?"

There are quite a few things that could and should be thrown at the I'm face but the showrunners love him so much, so the honor him whenever they can. It has gotten old.

(Sorry I am late to this: the page gets so popular after episodes and I am super busy at work) 

So, a really strong follow up episode, as most Episodes twos are season to season.  

What I liked:

Sansa v. Jon: Maybe the best scene in the show as the fact that Jon and Sansa are both playing the game and its hard to tell, outright, whose winning.  Jon is very Ned (so… yeah that’s bad) and his interaction with Little finger was too on the nose (Why is Peter there?).  But Sansa is working something here.  She HAS to know that Jon’s work is rubbing some lords the wrong way and that they will, in time, turn to her.  That’s something to REALLY watch and the show- if that’s how they are playing it - is doing a FANTASTIC JOB teasing us towards that end.  

Jaime’s Works:  In the background of all King’s Landing scenes is the fact that Jaime Lannister killed Aerys Targaren and that whatever he does there somebody can always throw that back up to his face.  Watching Jaime work over Randyll Tarly was a good way to show what he has to do to protect his family, or what’s left of it.  Jaime is able to show just how screwed the Crown is and what they have to do to survive.  I find these moves to be really interesting.  TYhough time will tell if they were ever actually important.  

Along Came a Spider:  Varys’ true feelings were center-stage in his argument with Dany.  Yes, in a way, this seems silly- after all, she is ALREADY in bed with Varys; she can’t just decide now that she doesn’t like him.  I thought that using Varys and Tyrion together in that scene was very strong.  I DO find it … silly… that Olena Tyrell was there.  How is she getting to and from Dragonstone from Highgarden?  Regardless, I thought this was a passionate scene that shows that Varys really came through.  All great.

Also, somebody must tell Dorne to STFU.  Like in every scene.  That should be AT LEAST one House’s royal Motto: Unbent, Unbowed, Always Willing to Tell Dorne they Are Tool Bags.  

The Battle of The Black Seas Fleets:  I cannot say for certain if what we saw was good or bad.  Frankly, I find almost everything about that scene utterly unbelievable.  How did Euron find the Greyjoy Fleet?  Why didn’t Yay-yah Sisterhood (or whatever her name is) post lookouts or find another path given how she would HAVE to know that Euron would be trying to get his fleet back.  How terrible are the Greyjoy fighters?  And, yes, ultimately, what is Theon doing?  Why did he run?  And if he;s actually attempting to pull off some master plan… which would be incredible because in order for it to work, he would need to KNOW so many factors and variables.  Regardless, I liked that the show TRIED to do something exciting and interesting.  

And the fact that the Sand-Snakes are dead is so, so worthwhile.  Thank you.  Thank You, Game of Thrones for, once again, getting rid of ballast.  

What I am on the Fence About:

The Direwolf I Used to Know:  I could have done without that ENTIRE scene.  Nymeria showing up and finding Arya is a cutsie-wootsy scene I would expect to find in a 99-cent, bargain basement sci-fi bin.  Just cliché silliness.  But Arya’s line- that “That’s Not You,” was boarder-line perfect.  Great call-back to Ned (who’s statue made a great appearance) It begs the question: if somebody makes a REALLY GOOD MEAN from food you don’t like, is it worth it?  That scene may have been worth it.  

No Means No… Unless You Want to See a Eunich’s Scar Tissue:  I have two thoughts on this beautiful scene between two characters I literally could not possibly care-less about.  First, the fact that Mel begins to take off GW’s trousers when GW says, literally, “no”  Because No Means No… unless… Mel’s response is, literally, “But I REALLY Want to see how freakish you are…. Please?!?!?  I told everyone its more like  scare and not a gaping hole!”  And he relents because if you ask nicely, the freak will show you his freak-show.  Hedwig and the Angry Inch ain’t got nothin’ on this scene.  

But two… isn’t it a bit depressing that this is what we now think of as a genuine love story- a woman trying to have a relationship with a guy who cannot have sex?  Its as if the show is saying that a woman’s ultimate fantasy is to have a guy be there to love her, think about her, protect her, and yes, go down on her, but not ever actually want have sex with her?  Wouldn’t that be great for a woman?  Now, I don't think women really want that at all; but the show seems to be saying that.  I found the whole things  silly and a waste.  

Sorry, I don’t Care about Hot Pie: Thought you could make me care, huh?  Yeah, well, I don’t.  He’s a kid who was on the show once and he’s okay, but I don’t need a five-minute scene with him.  Or a one-minute scene.  

What I Hated:

Ronald Reagan Handled AIDS Better Than the Citadel Has Grayscale:  So… they have a cure, they just won’t use it?  Does EVERYTHINBG in Westeroes suck out loud?  Why is this a thing?  Its “too dangerous?”  WTF???  So is child birth, we still have to do it (well… half of “us” do….).  Why don't they try to help these people?  This is what pisses me off about the show- the ANSWERS ARE ALMOST ALWAYS TOO EASY! 

Jon Snow: We need a mountain of Dragonglass, a substance that is only mentioned in antiquity.  We need to get every last sliver we can get our hands on even if it’s a handful! 
Random Lord: NO!!  DRAGONGLASS IS A MYTH!  This is a waste of time M’Lord!
That Bear Island Girl: I am like 8.  But I say things that no 8-year old ever would.  And I always do what the fans want me to do because the fans love me!  So I say- LET’S GET SOME DRAGONGLASS!  
(audience cowed into silence) 
Jon Snow: But Where will we find Dragonglass??!?!? 
Sam Tarly: Well, I found this book that, literally, almost anyone could read, and there is a “metric shit-tonne” on Dragonstone. It would take us, like, max, three days to get it... 

Walder Frey: I am here in my well-fortified castle that cannot possibly be breached by anyone.
Arya Stark: I just walked in because I’m basically a Jedi now.  Here is a knife to your throat! 
Walder Frey: I will sit here quietly as you stab me to death as to not alert anyone.  That would be rude. 

(a few minutes later)

Every Frey in the Realm: I will just drink this wine that was here for some time.  It in no way tastes fishy at all.  And even if it did, I’m sure that whatever ingredient that’s in it is REALLY EASY to transport across the oceans and carry across Westeroes.  Also, that the person who put it in the wine used THE PERFECT AMOUNT IN EACH SERVING OF WINE so that it kills everyone and not just some of us…. Also, I will not notice at all if Walder Frey’s corpse had to be transported out of the castle and through crowded areas.  Because… UGHHH I’m dead!  

Tyrion: We have a very serious problem; it could mean the death of us all. 
Danaerys Targaryen: Literally, just throw my dragons at them.  
Everyone Else In Her Court: Oh, fuck that’s right.  

Lord Mormont: This greyscale will kill me.  Its one of the most frightening diseases in the history of Westeroes.  It kills literally everyone it touches.  Not only that, but it causes men and women to go mad, thus increasing both the mortality of the disease but also the stigma as madness is a curse.  I am seriously considering suicide.
Citadel Master: You should totally kill yourself. 
Sam Tarly: Well, I found this book… 

Seriously… its everything now.  What used to be complex answers that required hard work and planning, cunning and grit.  Now?  Seriously, its as simple as reading a book….

… wow… wouldn’t it be great if we had a book to read?  Like one that DIDN’T take like 6 fucking year to write? That way I could read a legit story that made sense and had plot, tension and revelations?  That… that would be nice.  Instead, I have the fact that Sam Tarly is curing Greyscale in- LITERALLY – his spare time.  Because easy solutions are easy.  

Overall, though, better episode, but we are far away from Season 1-4 highlights.  Oh well… 

It's funny to see the show try and make an effort at a bit of sense. Tyrion's explanation of why they can't user their army to take King's landing was logical. We know it was an excuse for the writers to get the Sandsnakes and Dorne out their way ... but it was, at least, an attempt at sense.

Of course it falls apart cause it neglects that the people of King's Landing would welcome ANY invading army at this point. Their only qualification would be a promise not to blow them up during church service. Blowing up the Sept was bigger than 9/11 (there). Odds are everyone around King's Landing lost someone they knew that day. Odds are Tarly lost a few close friends. The fact that anyone even entertained listening to Jamie or the illegitimate terrorist Queen in this episode was ludicrous.

But, like everyone else on the show, I"m sure Tarly forgot his friends, just like he forgot his invaluable sword, or where his son told him he was going ... just like everyone on the show forgets everything that happened the day before. Game of Thrones: Groundhog Day.

2 hours ago, Rockroi said:

Lord Mormont: This greyscale will kill me.  Its one of the most frightening diseases in the history of Westeroes.  It kills literally everyone it touches.  Not only that, but it causes men and women to go mad, thus increasing both the mortality of the disease but also the stigma as madness is a curse.  I am seriously considering suicide.

I'm sorry but I can't stop laughing at this.:lmao:

7 hours ago, Nerevanin said:

Oh, interesting. Thank you. I totally forgot that there was such a line.

EDIT: and sorry for the smiley in my previous post that you caught before I edited it, it had nothing to do with your post I quote, it was just a mistake. :)

I'm fairly certain BookJaime was clear on the danger Cersei was in.  The letter wasn't even written by Cersei, she had to dictate it to Qyburn to send to Jaime, so I'd assume it may have also started off with Qyburn's own words on the situation.  Even without some explanation from Qyburn, the fact that Cersei couldn't write the letter herself would speak volumes.  His Aunt explained what a mess that the deal Cers made with the High Sparrow was as well.  Jaime understood the letter's accuracy I think, it was written by Qyburn because Cersei was locked up, not allowed to even write to her brother about the situation, it seems. 

Did anyone else notice (in addition to all the other absurdities of the scene) the hilariously sped up parts of the ship battle? It was almost like a Benny Hill homage. It seemed like they were just getting bored in the editing room and decided to fast forward and then just left it in. Who can blame them though? They put so much effort into that eunuch sex scene they must have been wiped. 

3 hours ago, Rockroi said:

No Means No… Unless You Want to See a Eunich’s Scar Tissue:  I have two thoughts on this beautiful scene between two characters I literally could not possibly care-less about.  First, the fact that Mel begins to take off GW’s trousers when GW says, literally, “no”  Because No Means No… unless… Mel’s response is, literally, “But I REALLY Want to see how freakish you are…. Please?!?!?  I told everyone its more like  scare and not a gaping hole!”  And he relents because if you ask nicely, the freak will show you his freak-show.

Good point. I saw many reviews praising the scene showing "respectful consensual sex". But GW said no but Missandei continued like "come on, you will like it". At the same time people were arguing till they're blue in the face if J&C scene in the Sept was a rape or not, b/c Cersei was reluctant to have sex near her son's corpse (I wonder why sarcasm).

50 minutes ago, Ashes Of Westeros said:

Good point. I saw many reviews praising the scene showing "respectful consensual sex". But GW said no but Missandei continued like "come on, you will like it". At the same time people were arguing till they're blue in the face if J&C scene in the Sept was a rape or not, b/c Cersei was reluctant to have sex near her son's corpse (I wonder why sarcasm).

First, thank you.  

Second, I do want to make clear that what happened between the two of them was not rape.  I am only pointing out that he, clearly, says 'no' and she goads him into further behavior after.  Also, it seems like he is more embarrassed at his physical condition than he is trying to avoid physical contact.  Look at it this way - lets say there was a scene between a man and a woman and they were about to get intimate.  One of the people involved has a serious weight issue- they are obese.   As they get more and more affectionate, one partner attempts to takes the other's shirt off and the "obese" participant recoils and says "No."  But the other person gently but insistently coaxes them out of their clothes.  

Is this a "no means no" problem?  Does the answer change depending on who is doing the coaxing, man or woman?  

I just found that the scene has a male character CLEARLY saying 'no' about sexual action and the woman getting him to say yes.  And I thought that given the problems the show has had in the past that it seemed a little strange.  

41 minutes ago, Rockroi said:

First, thank you.  

Second, I do want to make clear that what happened between the two of them was not rape.  I am only pointing out that he, clearly, says 'no' and she goads him into further behavior after.  

Is this a "no means no" problem?  Does the answer change depending on who is doing the coaxing, man or woman?  

I just found that the scene has a male character CLEARLY saying 'no' about sexual action and the woman getting him to say yes.  And I thought that given the problems the show has had in the past that it seemed a little strange.  

Don't get me wrong, I didn't mean that it was rape, no way. I don't consider it inappropriate or smth, it just doesn't add anything to the story. I don't think that a TV show or any other fiction should send a positive/educational message, it should tell an interesting consistent story. 

I highlighted your point I agree with. And I agree that a perception of this coaxing in this show is heavily depends on who is doing it.

18 minutes ago, Lockjaw of House Boltagon said:

"A foreign invasion is underway" is a line actually uttered by a character as she slides her hand down another character's thighs in what is considered the most popular show in television.

What a time to be alive. 

Yeah, that line is actually, and I can't believe I am saying this, MUCH WORSE and more cringeworthy than 'bad pussy'.   But I guess since it didn't have the incendiary P word in it, it flies under the radar for bad writing.

So after the latest disappointment in terms of the books (seriously, GRRM must be tone-deaf) I caved and watched the show. And it was so incredible...y meh. I can't even muster the energy to criticise really. It's so sad, watching a series you used to love be reduced to the point where I can guess what characters are going to say and do before they've done it.

I will say this: either Emilia Clarke is an atrocious actress or the directors don't have an effing clue what they're doing.

33 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Yeah, that line is actually, and I can't believe I am saying this, MUCH WORSE and more cringeworthy than 'bad pussy'.   But I guess since it didn't have the incendiary P word in it, it flies under the radar for bad writing.

Excuse you, it's "Emmy-winner Bad Pussy"!

And here I am trying to polish the screenplay I'm working on, like why the fuck do I even bother? 

20 minutes ago, WSmith84 said:

So after the latest disappointment in terms of the books (seriously, GRRM must be tone-deaf) I caved and watched the show. And it was so incredible...y meh. I can't even muster the energy to criticise really. It's so sad, watching a series you used to love be reduced to the point where I can guess what characters are going to say and do before they've done it.

I will say this: either Emilia Clarke is an atrocious actress or the directors don't have an effing clue what they're doing.

Same, I used to be so invested in this shit, both the books and the show, but between the Confederate Bros and the Targ Fetishist, I've had all my excitement drained out of me. 

I'm glad they had Tyrion acknowledge his resentment for Ellaria, but when you think about it, Tyrion has majorly betrayed his brother by this point. Jaime protected him his entire life and freed him from captivity (not to mention that there was no Tysha reveal on the show, so Tyrion has no reason to hold any grudges against Jaime) and Tyrion then went on to advise the Mad King's daughter alongside the people who killed Jaime's daughter and would eagerly kill Jaime as well. Bravo, Tyrion. 

On 7/24/2017 at 5:01 AM, Ser Quork said:

Stormy Dragonstone is stormy.  It is fairly ridiculous for the conversation between Varys and Daenerys to happen now – better to have had this last season. 

This and the scene with Melisandre: So.  Much. Exposition. So. Much. Fan-Service.  

So - Qyburn's working on a giant bow (hello, Tolkien) – no-one ever thought of one of those before?  Really?

Tyrion speaks and they all nod like little nodding dogs. 

MissWorm sexytimes - such a waste of screen time.

Over to the Citadel.  "Possibly something a bit more poetic." – like A Song of Ice and Fire?  So predictable.

Close-ups of pus transitioning to close-up of pie filling.  What is wrong with these writers?

I looked forward to seeing Arya and Hot Pie, and yet they managed to turn that into a cold, exposition fest too.  She had more to say to and more smiles for the Lannister soldiers than Hot Pie.

Another scene of Sandra being an arse but funny how she stops complaining about Jon going to Dragonstone when he leaves her in charge.  Lots of stupid, significant looks are exchanged.  There’s just no subtlety in this writing.  And I can’t even be bothered with the stupidity of LF goading Jon in the crypts.

I did get chills when Arya came face to face with Nymeria – but the SFX were really quite poor, which is a shame.  There seems little point in doing this scene to reintroduce Nymeria unless she and her pack reappear later in the series, maybe season 8? (Probably just so D&D can kill her off.) 

WHERE IS GHOST?

More Sand Snake excrement.  Okay, it’s possible I might have given a little squeak of approval to the two Sand Snakes dying.  Does this make me a bad person? :lol:

I don't really understand how a ship that big can sneak up on another unless there's heavy fog, which there wasn't.  Why do they always have to break a viewer's suspension of disbelief?  Euron is another incarnation of Ramsay - so dull.

I’m not sure what I think about Theon charging into the fray to fight, and then becoming Reek again.  Not really believable for me.

Perhaps disbelief is the theme for this ep.

Ah, this says it all for me. So little time left, and they waste it like this.

9 hours ago, Rockroi said:

(Sorry I am late to this: the page gets so popular after episodes and I am super busy at work) 

So, a really strong follow up episode, as most Episodes twos are season to season.  

What I liked:

Sansa v. Jon: Maybe the best scene in the show as the fact that Jon and Sansa are both playing the game and its hard to tell, outright, whose winning.  Jon is very Ned (so… yeah that’s bad) and his interaction with Little finger was too on the nose (Why is Peter there?).  But Sansa is working something here.  She HAS to know that Jon’s work is rubbing some lords the wrong way and that they will, in time, turn to her.  That’s something to REALLY watch and the show- if that’s how they are playing it - is doing a FANTASTIC JOB teasing us towards that end.  

Jaime’s Works:  In the background of all King’s Landing scenes is the fact that Jaime Lannister killed Aerys Targaren and that whatever he does there somebody can always throw that back up to his face.  Watching Jaime work over Randyll Tarly was a good way to show what he has to do to protect his family, or what’s left of it.  Jaime is able to show just how screwed the Crown is and what they have to do to survive.  I find these moves to be really interesting.  TYhough time will tell if they were ever actually important.  

Along Came a Spider:  Varys’ true feelings were center-stage in his argument with Dany.  Yes, in a way, this seems silly- after all, she is ALREADY in bed with Varys; she can’t just decide now that she doesn’t like him.  I thought that using Varys and Tyrion together in that scene was very strong.  I DO find it … silly… that Olena Tyrell was there.  How is she getting to and from Dragonstone from Highgarden?  Regardless, I thought this was a passionate scene that shows that Varys really came through.  All great.

Also, somebody must tell Dorne to STFU.  Like in every scene.  That should be AT LEAST one House’s royal Motto: Unbent, Unbowed, Always Willing to Tell Dorne they Are Tool Bags.  

The Battle of The Black Seas Fleets:  I cannot say for certain if what we saw was good or bad.  Frankly, I find almost everything about that scene utterly unbelievable.  How did Euron find the Greyjoy Fleet?  Why didn’t Yay-yah Sisterhood (or whatever her name is) post lookouts or find another path given how she would HAVE to know that Euron would be trying to get his fleet back.  How terrible are the Greyjoy fighters?  And, yes, ultimately, what is Theon doing?  Why did he run?  And if he;s actually attempting to pull off some master plan… which would be incredible because in order for it to work, he would need to KNOW so many factors and variables.  Regardless, I liked that the show TRIED to do something exciting and interesting.  

And the fact that the Sand-Snakes are dead is so, so worthwhile.  Thank you.  Thank You, Game of Thrones for, once again, getting rid of ballast.  

What I am on the Fence About:

The Direwolf I Used to Know:  I could have done without that ENTIRE scene.  Nymeria showing up and finding Arya is a cutsie-wootsy scene I would expect to find in a 99-cent, bargain basement sci-fi bin.  Just cliché silliness.  But Arya’s line- that “That’s Not You,” was boarder-line perfect.  Great call-back to Ned (who’s statue made a great appearance) It begs the question: if somebody makes a REALLY GOOD MEAN from food you don’t like, is it worth it?  That scene may have been worth it.  

No Means No… Unless You Want to See a Eunich’s Scar Tissue:  I have two thoughts on this beautiful scene between two characters I literally could not possibly care-less about.  First, the fact that Mel begins to take off GW’s trousers when GW says, literally, “no”  Because No Means No… unless… Mel’s response is, literally, “But I REALLY Want to see how freakish you are…. Please?!?!?  I told everyone its more like  scare and not a gaping hole!”  And he relents because if you ask nicely, the freak will show you his freak-show.  Hedwig and the Angry Inch ain’t got nothin’ on this scene.  

But two… isn’t it a bit depressing that this is what we now think of as a genuine love story- a woman trying to have a relationship with a guy who cannot have sex?  Its as if the show is saying that a woman’s ultimate fantasy is to have a guy be there to love her, think about her, protect her, and yes, go down on her, but not ever actually want have sex with her?  Wouldn’t that be great for a woman?  Now, I don't think women really want that at all; but the show seems to be saying that.  I found the whole things  silly and a waste.  

Sorry, I don’t Care about Hot Pie: Thought you could make me care, huh?  Yeah, well, I don’t.  He’s a kid who was on the show once and he’s okay, but I don’t need a five-minute scene with him.  Or a one-minute scene.  

What I Hated:

Ronald Reagan Handled AIDS Better Than the Citadel Has Grayscale:  So… they have a cure, they just won’t use it?  Does EVERYTHINBG in Westeroes suck out loud?  Why is this a thing?  Its “too dangerous?”  WTF???  So is child birth, we still have to do it (well… half of “us” do….).  Why don't they try to help these people?  This is what pisses me off about the show- the ANSWERS ARE ALMOST ALWAYS TOO EASY! 

Jon Snow: We need a mountain of Dragonglass, a substance that is only mentioned in antiquity.  We need to get every last sliver we can get our hands on even if it’s a handful! 
Random Lord: NO!!  DRAGONGLASS IS A MYTH!  This is a waste of time M’Lord!
That Bear Island Girl: I am like 8.  But I say things that no 8-year old ever would.  And I always do what the fans want me to do because the fans love me!  So I say- LET’S GET SOME DRAGONGLASS!  
(audience cowed into silence) 
Jon Snow: But Where will we find Dragonglass??!?!? 
Sam Tarly: Well, I found this book that, literally, almost anyone could read, and there is a “metric shit-tonne” on Dragonstone. It would take us, like, max, three days to get it... 

Walder Frey: I am here in my well-fortified castle that cannot possibly be breached by anyone.
Arya Stark: I just walked in because I’m basically a Jedi now.  Here is a knife to your throat! 
Walder Frey: I will sit here quietly as you stab me to death as to not alert anyone.  That would be rude. 

(a few minutes later)

Every Frey in the Realm: I will just drink this wine that was here for some time.  It in no way tastes fishy at all.  And even if it did, I’m sure that whatever ingredient that’s in it is REALLY EASY to transport across the oceans and carry across Westeroes.  Also, that the person who put it in the wine used THE PERFECT AMOUNT IN EACH SERVING OF WINE so that it kills everyone and not just some of us…. Also, I will not notice at all if Walder Frey’s corpse had to be transported out of the castle and through crowded areas.  Because… UGHHH I’m dead!  

Tyrion: We have a very serious problem; it could mean the death of us all. 
Danaerys Targaryen: Literally, just throw my dragons at them.  
Everyone Else In Her Court: Oh, fuck that’s right.  

Seriously… its everything now.  What used to be complex answers that required hard work and planning, cunning and grit.  Now?  Seriously, its as simple as reading a book….

… wow… wouldn’t it be great if we had a book to read?  Like one that DIDN’T take like 6 fucking year to write? That way I could read a legit story that made sense and had plot, tension and revelations?  That… that would be nice.  Instead, I have the fact that Sam Tarly is curing Greyscale in- LITERALLY – his spare time.  Because easy solutions are easy.  

Overall, though, better episode, but we are far away from Season 1-4 highlights.  Oh well… 

-I'm not sure what to think about Sansa, either. Littlefinger is the guy who betrayed her father, leaving her under Cersei and Joffrey's tender care, used and then betrayed and killed her aunt to seize control of the Vale, handed her to charming Ramsay Snow... he may be of use, but he is NOT to be trusted, EVER, and she knows that he will betray the North and will have to be disposed at some point before it's too late... Jon, on the other hand, is her best and only protection against being captured and treated as a sex toy and broodmare ever again... she shouldn't undermine him, To date, her "help" can be summed up as: She contradicts his decisions in public, undermining his authority, and she tells him that he is too naive...

-How come Tarly dared to tell Jamie to his face that he was going to gather his armies, but he wouldn't fight against Olenna? Dude is supposed to be tough and straightforward, but dude, that was stupid. Tell Jamie that you will support Cersei, then do whatever you think is right once you are in your own castle!

-Dany should avoid threatening people with fire... that brings bad memories...

-About Varys, yeah, she should use him, No point confronting him now; if he feels threatened he will betray her and run away. Better to stroke his ego and promise him the moon if he asks for it to ensure his loyalty, then dispose of him once he is no longer of use.

-I'm happy the stupid Sandsnakes are dead, but I would have liked it better if they had been soundly defeated and had some time to taste the humilliation. I would have liked them to attack three fully armored knights with their stupid anime moves and get their asses handed to them, them see them cry "how could we lose? aren't we awesome enough?" before being executed (seriously... a whip? in a world where people fights in armor? I guess she can trip make a foe fall down if she catches him by surprise, but, can you imagine her doing anything to an armoured foe who can see her whip?).

-Grey Worm could have sex if he lacked just testicles (he still couldn't get erections, probably, but he could get osgarms)... But Unsullied lack a penis too... it is just cruel to show him the goods when he can't get release... I can get Missandei conforting him, hugging and kissing him or something, but, removing her clothes and laying on the bed... she was expecting to be pleasured, knowing she couldn't reciprocate... kinda selfish...

-The way I understand it, the technique to heal greyscale only worked twice, and the guy who did it got infected and died of greyscale... All the other infected who received the treatment probably died (the treatments seems to basically amount to a partial skinning of the infected, which should be lethal unless the affected area is relatively small). So the Maesters probably thought... "there is a very low chance to cure the infected, we will probably achieve nothing but to make him experience a terrible agony before dying, and there is a high chance to get infected... not worth the risk..."

Also: About Daenerys's war council... I don't think she should divide her forces. She can keep her dothraki and her Unsullied in the rear, if she prefers to let the Westerosi to do the fighting. Anyways, she didn't need to contradict Olenna, Ellaria and Yara... all she had to say was: "Yes, I'm going to attack King's Landing, but I want you to be there too, to show Westeros that your houses support me. Bring your troops if you want a piece of Cersei..." Once they are laying siege to KL, she decides when to unleash her dragons.

5 hours ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

I'm fairly certain BookJaime was clear on the danger Cersei was in.  The letter wasn't even written by Cersei, she had to dictate it to Qyburn to send to Jaime, so I'd assume it may have also started off with Qyburn's own words on the situation.  Even without some explanation from Qyburn, the fact that Cersei couldn't write the letter herself would speak volumes.  His Aunt explained what a mess that the deal Cers made with the High Sparrow was as well.  Jaime understood the letter's accuracy I think, it was written by Qyburn because Cersei was locked up, not allowed to even write to her brother about the situation, it seems. 

Cersei was accused of regicide and deicide and I am sure it was mentioned in the letter. The punishment for such crimes is undoubtedly death and Jaime definitely understood that.

6 hours ago, Low Sparrow said:

It's funny to see the show try and make an effort at a bit of sense. Tyrion's explanation of why they can't user their army to take King's landing was logical. We know it was an excuse for the writers to get the Sandsnakes and Dorne out their way ... but it was, at least, an attempt at sense.

I think that there is a much simpler and better argument: The Unsullied cannot take Kings Landing on their own (unless there is an uprising against the wildfire queen in the city, but it does not appear so). If the Dothraki goes with them, they can take Kings Landing, but the Dothraki will pillage and burn it to the ground.

From a purely military point of view that might not be a bad move, shock and aweing Westeros to its knees, but it is an extremely ruthless move as well. One that is certain to cause widespread resentment.

Archived