Is there a possibility Grey Worm is not a eunuch...

Lady Noble

And merely circumcised?

HERE. ME. OUT.

When I was reading the books it was always unclear (to me, anyway) if the Unsullied are actually castrated or not. There's enough mention about them having their parts removed, but I was never convinced they were done so entirely. Given the fact that Essos is on the other side of the world they obviously have different practices and I always wondered if the Unsullied were exposed to some form of circumcision and not castration? If their parts were removed entirely, why are they never referred to eunuchs? I don't recall that word ever being associated with them in text or on the show and I always wondered... The sex scene with Grey Worm wouldn't have been put in their unnecessarily (unless HBO needed to meet their Titty Quota) so I feel like there will be a twist: Surprise, GW is just circumcised, but everything still works. Maybe the initial procedure was made to think it won't work because it's different?

I'm sure someone will have some supporting text, :).

Is there a possibility: Always with GOT. ;) Do I think it's likely: NO. Have I been wrong with my theories in the past: A LOT! ;) 

Yes, I dare to sy that I think your circumcision-theory is highly unlikely, because men simply sense when their parts would be working, with all consequences, if they were "full" men so to speak, masters would have also used their full power (i.e. for example raping enemies). Also as far as I remember the process of being turned into an unsullied was always portrayed as big cruelty, which a circumsicion is not exactly.

This being said I still do not think the sex scene was put in "unnecessarily" or simply "to meet their Titty Quota". To me the purpose was, that despite Grey Worm having been mutilated, having been physically emasculated, he is still capable of having the feelings and desires of a man, and to love. In other words being a man is more than just having certain body parts in proper working order (despite what many may think). Furthermore, it shows (graphically and symbolically) that a woman can still love a man for what he is, with all his errors/missing parts and that they can still enjoy sexuality, in a different, but nevertheless satisfactory way. Finally it also symbolises that Grey Worm and Missandei can together overcome the hurt and abuse and mutilations of the past and be in their way "ordinary", free people, move forward on a personal level. So, of course, one could have conveyed these ideas without nudity so it was "unnecessary", but overall I think there is much more sense in this sex scene than in many others. ;)

No. Grey worm's private parts have been removed, root and stem.

As explained in AWOIAF.

The eunuchs are fully castrated, with their penis and testicles cut, and their manhoods are burned at the altar of the Lady of Spears. This means that they cannot be as strong as whole men, but this is more than made up for by discipline.

From ASOS, Dany 2, the slaver that sells Unsullied says:

"In Yunkai and Meereen, eunuchs are often made by removing a boy’s testicles, but leaving the penis. Such a creature is infertile, yet often still capable of erection. Only trouble can come of this. We remove the penis as well, leaving nothing.The Unsullied are the purest creatures on the earth."

So probably no.

I agree with the others, I don't think he was just circumcised. They mention it in the books that it's root and stem.

19 hours ago, valirpaz said:

This being said I still do not think the sex scene was put in "unnecessarily" or simply "to meet their Titty Quota". To me the purpose was, that despite Grey Worm having been mutilated, having been physically emasculated, he is still capable of having the feelings and desires of a man, and to love. In other words being a man is more than just having certain body parts in proper working order (despite what many may think). Furthermore, it shows (graphically and symbolically) that a woman can still love a man for what he is, with all his errors/missing parts and that they can still enjoy sexuality, in a different, but nevertheless satisfactory way. Finally it also symbolises that Grey Worm and Missandei can together overcome the hurt and abuse and mutilations of the past and be in their way "ordinary", free people, move forward on a personal level. So, of course, one could have conveyed these ideas without nudity so it was "unnecessary", but overall I think there is much more sense in this sex scene than in many others.

And for the sex scene....:agree:

I have a side question about this...if they were castrated at the age of 5 as the show says when they start training and get cut, (mind you, I don't know enough about science and medicine) but how are they so strong and ripped? Does that cut off their testosterone source?

For example: Tyrion and Varys having a conversation in Meereen where Tyrion tells Varys "spoken like a man whose never had to shave." He's obviously saying this because he's a eunuch and castrated before puberty. Maybe I'm missing something.

On 7/25/2017 at 6:11 PM, valirpaz said:

Is there a possibility: Always with GOT. ;) Do I think it's likely: NO. Have I been wrong with my theories in the past: A LOT! ;) 

Yes, I dare to sy that I think your circumcision-theory is highly unlikely, because men simply sense when their parts would be working, with all consequences, if they were "full" men so to speak, masters would have also used their full power (i.e. for example raping enemies). Also as far as I remember the process of being turned into an unsullied was always portrayed as big cruelty, which a circumsicion is not exactly.

This being said I still do not think the sex scene was put in "unnecessarily" or simply "to meet their Titty Quota". To me the purpose was, that despite Grey Worm having been mutilated, having been physically emasculated, he is still capable of having the feelings and desires of a man, and to love. In other words being a man is more than just having certain body parts in proper working order (despite what many may think). Furthermore, it shows (graphically and symbolically) that a woman can still love a man for what he is, with all his errors/missing parts and that they can still enjoy sexuality, in a different, but nevertheless satisfactory way. Finally it also symbolises that Grey Worm and Missandei can together overcome the hurt and abuse and mutilations of the past and be in their way "ordinary", free people, move forward on a personal level. So, of course, one could have conveyed these ideas without nudity so it was "unnecessary", but overall I think there is much more sense in this sex scene than in many others. ;)

This.

And I think in EP 3 Dany and mis will discuss anatomy again, to clarify. But bc of the themes valirpaz mentioned anatomy doesn't really matter...

The viewing party I attend enjoyed an extended (puns!) discussion regarding the total length of erections at Dany's small (puns!) council. There's direct statements about Varys and Grey Worm being chopped root and stem, but none of us agreed on the level of Theon's mutilation. In the long run (puns!), we decided at 4 total inches, allowing for Tyrion being well-supported compared to his body.

We all agreed, though, that it was too bad that Podrick couldn't make an appearance there, just to single-handedly (or perhaps both-handedly) balance out the general lack of turgid members in the scene.

On 25.07.2017 at 5:53 PM, Lady Noble said:

And merely circumcised?

HERE. ME. OUT.

When I was reading the books it was always unclear (to me, anyway) if the Unsullied are actually castrated or not. There's enough mention about them having their parts removed, but I was never convinced they were done so entirely. Given the fact that Essos is on the other side of the world they obviously have different practices and I always wondered if the Unsullied were exposed to some form of circumcision and not castration?

Would you mind explaining first, why are they circumcised (and why it's such big a deal), and second, what would be the point of that miscommunication? Why not have Kraznys mo Nakloz say outright:

"They are the Unsullied, they have their foreskins cut off, which makes them the best, most disciplined soldiers in the galaxy."

"But why?"

"...Um... Wait a minute, I'll consult the user's manual."

On 25.07.2017 at 5:53 PM, Lady Noble said:

If their parts were removed entirely, why are they never referred to eunuchs?

They are, many, many times.

I think not.  Greyworm and Varys found peace and fulfillment minus their parts.  They have found important roles for themselves and serve someone larger than themselves.  Theon has that chance but he has to let go of what he was.  And if he's honest, he wasn't much before except for his abilities with the ladies.  Theon can find a place for himself.  I hope he does.  I don't hate Theon like many fans do but sometimes people don't dig themselves out of the pit of despair.  They stay there until they die. 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎27‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 5:10 PM, Lockjaw of House Boltagon said:

Obviously, men only go down on women when they have literally no other option.

Err... You've missed my point. Does this man have a dick or not? Well it's been heavily implied that it's missing, and during his first sex scene guess what - he fucks Missandei with his mouth. Do the math. If he had a dick, you'd think this would be the scene where that is made clear. For the record I love eating pussy.

Archived