U.S. Politics: The Jeff Sessions: The Killing of a Keebler Elf

Guys,

I don't think there's going to be a conference anymore. The House is just going to vote on whatever the senate passes, if they pass something.

Unclear yet if any senators know or care about this. They'll all still saying its just a way to get into conference.

11 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

Also, right now senate republicans are floating voting for the skinny repeal in the hopes that the house doesn't vote it into law, and wants reassurances from the house that the thing they're voting into law won't be voted into law by the house. 

This country is so fucking stupid. 

11 minutes ago, Fez said:

Guys,

I don't think there's going to be a conference anymore. The House is just going to vote on whatever the senate passes, if they pass something.

Unclear yet if any senators know or care about this. They'll all still saying its just a way to get into conference.

well that doesn't bode well

32 minutes ago, denstorebog said:

Well, look who's developed a tasted for limiting the president's powers.

Graham writing bill to prevent Trump from firing special counsel

Between this, the Russia sanctions bill and Grassley's statement that appointment of a new AG during recess is a no-go, it actually looks like the ball may be starting to roll on Congress vs. executive. I'm thinking Trump's threats against Murkowski haven't helped this at all.

And on the other end:

CNN)Virginia Rep. Dave Brat laid blame on the media on Thursday for President Donald Trump's recent tirades against Attorney General Jeff Sessions.

Asked by CNN's Kate Bolduan on "At This Hour" if Trump himself is responsible for putting Sessions on the outs, Brat rejected this notion.

"No, the mainstream press has just been relentless," Brat said.

When Bolduan disagreed, saying that the media did not force the President to tweet his attacks, Brat held his ground.
"I think you did," Brat said.

Trump has made a series of critical public remarks about Sessions, telling The New York Times last week that his attorney general should never have recused himself from the Russia investigation. Trump proceeded to tweet about Sessions, describing him as "beleaguered" and "weak." Many Republican lawmakers, however, have come out in support of the attorney general.

"[Trump] is frustrated because he does not have an AG at the highest level who can respond to the key issue that the media is drilling him on all day," Brat said.

Bolduan, seemingly in disbelief, continued to reject the notion that the media forced the President's hand, until Brat allowed: "I will concede the President did touch his keypad."

"I feel like it's the Twilight Zone," Bolduan said. "Let's get out of the Twilight Zone. Let's get in 

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/27/politics/dave-brat-media-trump-sessions-kate-bolduan-cnntv/index.html

45 minutes ago, OldGimletEye said:

Also I don’t know if my robust insurance state, Monetarist/Keynesian orientation, would be acceptable to those guys, but I certainly wouldn’t mind, I think, being known as part of “The Dirtbag Left”. LOL.

join us! we'll radicalize you yet 

NEWS CONFERENCE: Senators Graham, McCain, Purdue, Johnson and Lee on healthcare reform.

Time: 5:15pm

If they shit-talk the skinny repeal or McConnell, I'm erecting a shrine to Graham in my home and declaring him The Real Deal™.

Also

The GOP-led Senate Appropriations Committee unanimously rejected President Trump’s proposed cuts to the Transportation Department, voting instead to increase the agency’s budget by nearly $1 billion and give funds to Obama-era programs Trump wanted to kill.

The GOP-led Senate Appropriations Committee passed a Democratic amendment that would protect legal medical marijuana users from being prosecuted by President Trump’s Justice Department.

I think we have a battle royale on our hands.

Not gonna lie, I find Scaramucci legitimately entertaining in a way none of the other White House players have been; I just wish none of this was taking place at the White House.

http://www.newyorker.com/news/ryan-lizza/anthony-scaramucci-called-me-to-unload-about-white-house-leakers-reince-priebus-and-steve-bannon

Some quotes from his latest interview:

“I’m not Steve Bannon, I’m not trying to suck my own cock,” 

“Yeah, let me go, though, because I’ve gotta start tweeting some shit to make this guy crazy.”

2 minutes ago, Fez said:

Not gonna lie, I find Scaramucci legitimately entertaining in a way none of the other White House players have been; I just wish none of this was taking place at the White House.

http://www.newyorker.com/news/ryan-lizza/anthony-scaramucci-called-me-to-unload-about-white-house-leakers-reince-priebus-and-steve-bannon

Some quotes from his latest interview:

Lord help us all.

1 hour ago, Kalbear said:

Looks like it's going to be another long night filled with bullshit.

What a fucking farce. If the stakes weren't so high I'd almost like to say this would be an opportunity for the Dems to all vote present, and watch the GOP side of the aisle just meltdown. 

So when does Stuart Varney get on the Faux News Bidness Network and crow about the "Brownback Boom"?

http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2017/07/sam-brownback-officially-leaves-kansas-with-the-worst-economy-in-the-plains/

Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback has decided to step down from the governorship of Kansas in order to assume the vital post of ambassador at large for international religious freedom. If you’ve never heard of this position, you’re not alone.

40 minutes ago, denstorebog said:

If they shit-talk the skinny repeal or McConnell, I'm erecting a shrine to Graham in my home and declaring him The Real Deal™.

Also

I think we have a battle royale on our hands.

hahahahaha...i can tell you though i have never voted for him, old lindsey will call it true sometimes...but he can be as batshit crazy as the rest

1 hour ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Ah, good call! It never even dawned on me!  

i imagine he will look like christopher lee when he is grown-up...and just thinking of him sitting behind his new desk holding his golden gun of power, pointing it at all of us, makes me laugh and cringe all at once...

24 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Lord help us all.

On the plus side, if he can Bannon to quit I'd call that a win. Scaramucci is a caricature for sure, but at least he's not crazy or mean spirited (from what I can tell at least). 

9 minutes ago, Xray the Enforcer said:

It's 15 minutes after I finished that New Yorker piece and I'm still sitting here, mouth agape, totally at a loss for words. Amazing.  

It is remarkable how good of a documentary Veep is.

14 minutes ago, Xray the Enforcer said:

It's 15 minutes after I finished that New Yorker piece and I'm still sitting here, mouth agape, totally at a loss for words. Amazing.  

OMG, everyone in DC needs a fucking NAP right now.  Put the light-bulb pipe (and your phone) DOWN.  What in the ever-loving FUCK was that?

15 minutes ago, Xray the Enforcer said:

I love the referring to himself in the 3rd person thing. I guess that's a New York thing? Who the fuck does that outside of a comedy sketch?

"Okay, so the Mooch just got here last week, and we're all just gonna shit all over him? OK?" 

It's like a bad gangster movie script. 

23 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

On the plus side, if he can Bannon to quit I'd call that a win. Scaramucci is a caricature for sure, but at least he's not crazy or mean spirited (from what I can tell at least). 

Well, he said he is a "front-stabber" instead of a back-stabber. Whatever the hell that means...

8 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

I love the referring to himself in the 3rd person thing. I guess that's a New York thing? Who the fuck does that outside of a comedy sketch?

"Okay, so the Mooch just got here last week, and we're all just gonna shit all over him? OK?" 

It's like a bad gangster movie script. 

People show up here all the time and do that shit.  Also name themselves publicly things like "Lady Robyn" or "Katrina Brees", "Lord David" and don't even get my started on the social titles of the New Orleans Vampire Association (NOVA)  Yes, it's embarrassing and they're mostly from the NE.

6 minutes ago, Xray the Enforcer said:

Whatever it was, it was GLORIOUS

Meth, I swear it was like watching local facebook at 6am on Ash Wednesday.  Hint:  DO NOT TEXT YOUR BOSS OR THE PRESS IF YOU ARE STILL AWAKE.

Archived