U.S. Politics: The Jeff Sessions: The Killing of a Keebler Elf

32 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Trump just gave a speech in front of a auditorium filled with police officers, and in said speech he encouraged them to be MORE violent while detaining suspects. 

The audience cheered as loud as it did at any point in the speech.

God help us......

Lord almighty...  How violent is this country going to get?  I already feel completely pessimistic about the future but sometimes I think I'm not truly recognizing how bad it can and will get.

Put this in the growing list of shit Republicans won't give a fuck about.  

Kinda feels like every time Trump succesfully televises a speech in front of a cheering body of uniformed people, we're getting closer to the point where someone says "fuck it, we've got the batons and the badges, that guy likes us, let's listen to him instead of those mayors or carcasses in Congress".

11 minutes ago, denstorebog said:

Kinda feels like every time Trump succesfully televises a speech in front of a cheering body of uniformed people, we're getting closer to the point where someone says "fuck it, we've got the batons and the badges, that guy likes us, let's listen to him instead of those mayors or carcasses in Congress".

It is frightening to see police cheer for crap like that.  Very frightening.

There was also this bit:

Trump also made the dubious claim that laws were “horrendously stacked” against police officers and said he wants to change those laws. 

“For years and years, [laws have] been made to protect the criminal,” Trump said. “Totally protect the criminal, not the officers. You do something wrong, you’re in more jeopardy than they are. These laws are stacked against you. We’re changing those laws.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-police-brutality_us_597b840fe4b02a8434b6575a?ztd&ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

44 minutes ago, denstorebog said:

I'm talking about a Trafalgar Group poll from today which says 49-46.

That one (which I just saw) is a bit more disturbing, but I'd treat it as a single data point. It does tell me that Kid Rock wont be a pushover against Stabenow but I'm not ready to hit the panic button yet.

9 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

Priebus out, John Kelly in. Leaks sure to stop, everything is fine.

A rumor is that Sessions is going to be asked to move to DHS. 

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

Really, we've passed the point where he's a movie villain. He's just ticking every box. If Hollywood came up with this scenario a couple years back, we'd have all rolled our eyes.

7 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

Really, we've passed the point where he's a movie villain. He's just ticking every box. If Hollywood came up with this scenario a couple years back, we'd have all rolled our eyes.

He's like an evil Mr. Magoo.

22 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

A rumor is that Sessions is going to be asked to move to DHS. 

I doubt he'll do it. And it probably won't matter if he did. Grassley has already said there won't be a new AG confirmation in 2017. And if that's the case and Sessions is out, at least Rosenstein will have to be fired to get to Mueller, and if that happens, all hell will break lose. Who knows what the Congressional Republicans would do in the short term (stick to your guns, Graham!!!), but I think the Dems could use that to take the House in 2018 and investigate the hell out of all parties involved. 

6 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I doubt he'll do it. And it probably won't matter if he did. Grassley has already said there won't be a new AG confirmation in 2017.

Words are wind.

And if that's the case and Sessions is out, at least Rosenstein will have to be fired to get to Mueller, and if that happens, all hell will break lose.

Trump in the last two weeks has gotten rid of two of the three major Republican establishment people in his cabinet - Spicer, Priebus. You think Sessions is going to last? He's the final one. And you think he'll shy away from firing Rosenstein? Priebus was the one that was telling him not to do it. 

Scaramucci is going to tell him to go with his baser instincts. 

Who knows what the Congressional Republicans would do in the short term (stick to your guns, Graham!!!), but I think the Dems could use that to take the House in 2018 and investigate the hell out of all parties involved. 

Maybe, but I don't know that this is as much a threat as it had been. I will say that this opens the door for a successful prosecution of impeachment, as Trump pissing off the establishment doesn't give him a lot of room to bring them in. 

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Trump just gave a speech in front of a auditorium filled with police officers, and in said speech he encouraged them to be MORE violent while detaining suspects. 

The audience cheered as loud as it did at any point in the speech.

God help us......

And people wonder why there's such a deep distrust and disdain for law enforcement. The Orange fuckstick just gave them permission to be brutal and unjust.

1 hour ago, Mexal said:

Except this was leaked by the administration...

Trump hires the best people once again.

Yeah, Scaramucci goes on a rant about firing everyone and prosecuting all the leakers, and then in the next breath leaks that Priebus is going to resign shortly.  Complete hypocrite and nutjob. I hope the press is able to dig up dirt on Scaramucci.  He would have a total meltdown if a little pressure was applied.

Morale of staffers at the White House must be below complete despair at this point.  It's hard to imagine that the White House can continue to be run this way for the next 3 and a half years without completely imploding.

Archived