U.S. Politics: The Jeff Sessions: The Killing of a Keebler Elf

4 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

I think it just shows Priebus is a pro.

Sure

It's just frustrating waiting for any Republican to finally admit things are fucked. Not that I would expect that from a former chief of staff.

If anything, I think Trump has made a mockery of professionalism in politics.

This is what they're all fearing once they're gone from running D.C. -- that includes Pootiepoots lap dog with small hands:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/jasonleopold/putins-media-czar-was-murdered-just-before-meeting-feds?utm_term=.ooOp87kVj#.wh3lzro4Y

Everything that happened today -- Russian mob, Mafia.  NYC knew this about small hands from the 1970's!  But the country elected him -- because he had a television show in which he yelled "You're fired!" and got a national profile with the lowest denominator for fact-based information and the highest profile for white supremacy and bigotry of every kind.

Oh and on the lighter side of the news, the MOOCH will now have more time to hunt down leakers and be RAD! http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/344395-scaramuccis-wife-files-for-divorce

Anthony Scaramucci and his wife are reportedly calling it quits. The White House communication director’s wife has filed for divorce just days after Scaramucci took on his new role in President Trump's administration, according to the New York Post. 

Deidre Ball was tired of Scaramucci’s “naked ambition, which is so enormous that it left her at her wits’ end,” a source told the Post in a Friday story.

1 hour ago, Mudguard said:

Yeah, Scaramucci goes on a rant about firing everyone and prosecuting all the leakers, and then in the next breath leaks that Priebus is going to resign shortly.  Complete hypocrite and nutjob. I hope the press is able to dig up dirt on Scaramucci.  He would have a total meltdown if a little pressure was applied.

Morale of staffers at the White House must be below complete despair at this point.  It's hard to imagine that the White House can continue to be run this way for the next 3 and a half years without completely imploding.

Stalin ran Russia that way from 1922 to 1953 -- when he died of old age induced natural causes.  No coup, no assassination. He just kept doing this shit until he died and nobody could / would / dared / wanted to stop him.  The model . . . .

OTOH -- Face it. Stalin was a LOT smarter and better manager than u no who.

10 minutes ago, Zorral said:

Stalin ran Russia that way from 1922 to 1953 -- when he died of old age induced natural causes.  No coup, no assassination. He just kept doing this shit until he died and nobody could / would / dared / wanted to stop him.  The model . . . .

OTOH -- Face it. Stalin was a LOT smarter and better manager than u no who.

Not to get too far off topic, but there's been pretty significant theories that Stalin was poisoned by NKVD Head Beria. http://www.nytimes.com/2003/03/05/world/new-study-supports-idea-stalin-was-poisoned.html

Here's an article regarding the cause of death. https://web.archive.org/web/20120425121806/http://www.surgicalneurologyint.com/article.asp?issn=2152-7806%3Byear%3D2011%3Bvolume%3D2%3Bissue%3D1%3Bspage%3D161%3Bepage%3D161%3Baulast%3DFaria

54 minutes ago, Trebla said:

Is Mooch going to play Beria in this farce?

56 minutes ago, Trebla said:

He was 75.  He tortured the MD who suggested he was getting too fragile to continue as head of state.

He may have been suffering senile dementia?  But how could anyone tell when a personality of his sort was demented, since almost everything he did was that of a deranged, paranoic?  Lots of good reasons to off him right there. But it took until he was 73 . ? . ? . ?  Always hard to diagnose these matters accurately without the body's forensics in hand.  Also -- Russia.  It's ALWAYS poison, unless it's a bullet to the head and everywhere else.  Or instruments of bludgeoning.  Or getting pushed off a balcony, down the stairs, etc.  Ask Ivan the Terrible.

As per usual, we shall never know.

I cannot for the life of me get this account to work unless I reset my password every damn time I want to log in. So I'm not commenting, but I'm reading. 

That being said, I am deep deep deeeeeep in Trump country and I feel like i'm losing my mind. On a daily basis it's all I can do not to scream at certain people for still supporting him. These are people I cannot avoid so getting them out of my life isn't an option currently. I would say I do not understand this level of willful ignorance, but I was raised in the Deep South and so I cannot honestly say that because I've seen it my entire life. But this is like finding out the dial goes to 11.

I mean... I legit don't think there's a line where the Republicans grow a backbone or Trump's base leaves him. I mean, I hope so, but like Kalbear said, and GRRM "words are wind." I won't believe they will do anything at all about it until they actually do something about it. And then, even if they do we are left with Pence who makes me squirm in a different way but almost as much as Trump. And if you outed HIM then you get.... yeah. sigh. I see no hope. 

So this thread and a few other places have been a bastion of sanity for me. I thank you even if I'm not able to participate very much. Between my login issues and 60 hour work weeks it's all i can do to just get my necessary shit done and try "try" b/c keeping up is impossible to keep up with this insanity. 

The NYT has run an op-ed piece by a former CIA person who suggests the infamous meeting at Trump Tower was coordinated in such a way to make sure it would be discovered fairly easily. Covert meetings meant to be secret aren't arranged by email with well known Russian government associates in attendance. The purpose was to show to the world that the Russians could brazenly interfere in US elections.

The best part of the story was the quoting of a Russian proverb - free cheese is only available in mousetraps.

Well, the real joke is, after dismissing accepting Reince resignation with a heavy heart, there's still no job for Chris Christie.

Spare a thought for him here. He fell for him like a brick, got humiliated by him, he still shows up at CNN or whoever books him and defends Donnie, and he is still not calling him. As for Preibus, I don't think that he did this bizarre gig at CNN out of loyalty for Orange Doofus or the GOP (more likely than the Orange one though). But why waste material on Wolf Blitzer when you can make a good amount of money with a kiss-and-tell book about his time in the WH in a few years.

Anyway, has American politics always been this crazy? I mean it feels like there's not been a single week without a WTF moment. This is like House of Cards, with the Underwoods on meth. If/when Sessions resigns, I am pretty sure, that Pence will be the next target of the Twatter in Chief. And I am kinda curious with whom this Christian, Conservative, Republican will be replaced. I assume it might be Tucker Carlson or Clint Eastwood? I mean, why not?

28 minutes ago, Notone said:

Well, the real joke is, after dismissing accepting Reince resignation with a heavy heart, there's still no job for Chris Christie.

Spare a thought for him here. He fell for him like a brick, got humiliated by him, he still shows up at CNN or whoever books him and defends Donnie, and he is still not calling him. As for Preibus, I don't think that he did this bizarre gig at CNN out of loyalty for Orange Doofus or the GOP (more likely than the Orange one though). But why waste material on Wolf Blitzer when you can make a good amount of money with a kiss-and-tell book about his time in the WH in a few years.

Anyway, has American politics always been this crazy? I mean it feels like there's not been a single week without a WTF moment. This is like House of Cards, with the Underwoods on meth. If/when Sessions resigns, I am pretty sure, that Pence will be the next target of the Twatter in Chief. And I am kinda curious with whom this Christian, Conservative, Republican will be replaced. I assume it might be Tucker Carlson or Clint Eastwood? I mean, why not?

Disclaimer: I do not watch television anymore.

But, according to the odd post and mention in this or that article, the writers of 'House of Cards' are in utter despair at not being able to 'out crazy Trump.'  (Hence the term I have been using here for the past couple of months.

Somehow, the boarders here missed this little tidbit. I have the hazy recollection that Kelly was the only Trump Cabinet member to not praise Trump during a certain Cabinet meeting.  Now he is directly contradicting his boss.  Wonder how long he'll last?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trumps-new-chief-of-staff-affirms-russias-election-meddling/ar-AAoZFET?ocid=ob-fb-enus-580

Even as President Trump continues to equivocate on Russia's interference in the 2016 presidential election, his new chief of staff as recently as last week took a strong public stand affirming the U.S. intelligence community's conclusion that the Kremlin tried to influence the election in favor of Trump...

Last week, at the Aspen Security Forum, Kelly was among several top national security officials who backed the government's conclusion that Russia carried out a campaign of cyberattacks and fake news to influence the election in favor of Trump.

Kelly joined CIA Director Mike Pompeo, White House Homeland Security and Counter-terrorism adviser Tom Bossert and Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats who all expressed their support last week for the intelligence community's findings. 

Archived