[Theory] Why I think that it will be revealed at the end that it was never intended for the story to have an Azor Ahai or a promised prince(ss)

Future Null Infinity

The idea sparked when I was thinking about the servants of R'hllor only targeting kings and queens with their prophecy, you will never see a priest telling a commoner that he is the promised prince or Azor Ahai, and now as the story is unfolding, it's shown that an army of men with simple dragonglass weapons can defeat the white walkers and who else have armies other than kings.

I think it's a part of the genuis writing of GRRM, no need for the usual superhero to save the day in a fantasy story or a super saiyan transformation, I think he wants to tell us that with a little push, people can do extraordinary deeds againt godlike creatures if you tell them that they are intended to do miracles. 

Azor Ahai is just a story of a normal man passed through generations and became a legend

I too believe the prophecies are just stories and there is no AA/TPTWP/LH/STWMTW... if characters take this prophecy literally and it motivates them to do great heroic things against the white walkers, then excellent.  If it motivates them to burn their daughters for a little sunshine, then that sucks.  But there is no singular AA... it is just a legendary mythical story.

On ‎26‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 0:41 AM, Future Null Infinity said:

The idea sparked when I was thinking about the servants of R'hllor only targeting kings and queens with their prophecy, you will never see a priest telling a commoner that he is the promised prince or Azor Ahai, and now as the story is unfolding, it's shown that an army of men with simple dragonglass weapons can defeat the white walkers and who else have armies other than kings.

I think it's a part of the genuis writing of GRRM, no need for the usual superhero to save the day in a fantasy story or a super saiyan transformation, I think he wants to tell us that with a little push, people can do extraordinary deeds againt godlike creatures if you tell them that they are intended to do miracles. 

Azor Ahai is just a story of a normal man passed through generations and became a legend

I completly disagree. You are ignoring all the magic present in asoiaf. To me azor ahai was either someone that controled flames and wanted to forge a sword that could sustain the damage or someone that wanted to forge a magical sword. Then this dude lead a group of men to figth the others and obtained some type of victory...

However, this azor ahay dude must have had somekind of magical ability! Besides, nobody ever said that Azor ahai was alone, he have been a king, prince, general... what is importante is that he was the person responsable for the victory.

So to me the new azor ahai will be considered to be the one most responsable for defeating the other in this new war.

9 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

I think since the show has put the prophecy in....that there is going to be something there beyond legends and mythology.

Yes but Melisandre still repeating her prophecy of the TPTWP but the show never explained what is exactly the TPTWP, it's just a motivation trick to push kings and queens to battle the enemy of R'hllor

and Azor Ahai was never mentionned in the show

9 hours ago, divica said:

To me azor ahai

Azor ahai was never mentioned in the show, dropping such prophecy from the show indicates it's trivial

9 hours ago, divica said:

azor ahai was either someone that controled flames and wanted to forge a sword that could sustain the damage or someone that wanted to forge a magical sword

But now, the show indicates that an army of men with dragonglass weapons can defeat the white walkers, so there is no need for a special ability or special weapon, just a human who think that he's the chosen one (a TPTWP) leading an army can do the deeds

and the show never explained what's exactly a TPTWP, which make the situation very doubtful

Archived