New theory (maybe) on Melisandre, Davos and Shireen

bpsae325

While discussing Melisandre's thoughts about "or a bag of finger bones" when talking about the glamor she can put on people, we came up with a theory that Melisandre will glamor someone into Davos to lure Shireen into the flames for R'hllor. Thoughts?

Has this been theorized before?

15 hours ago, bpsae325 said:

While discussing Melisandre's thoughts about "or a bag of finger bones" when talking about the glamor she can put on people, we came up with a theory that Melisandre will glamor someone into Davos to lure Shireen into the flames for R'hllor. Thoughts?

Has this been theorized before?

I see a number of problems with this. Some of which may be wrong. Feel free to correct me.

I’m thinking that Davos lost his good luck charm in the water at Blackwater Bay before he ended up on that rock/spear and was rescued by a passing ship.

A Storm of Swords - Davos I      The sail was almost on him. A few moments more, and the ship would be safely past, and he could die in peace.    <snip>  My luck. His shortened fingers patted at his chest, groping, finding nothing. The pouch was gone, and the fingerbones with them.   <snip>   Old habit made Davos reach for the leather pouch that was no longer there. "I lost it in the river."

Davos rarely spent time around Shireen. Maester Pylos was the person who taught Davos to read.

Shireen is at Castle Black with her mother.

Davos is on a mission to find the Stark kid.

The LC Snow and Val have a conversation in DwD Jon XI about grayscale/grey death which ends with

A Dance with Dragons - Jon XI      " Val seized his arm. "I want the monster out of there. Him and his wet nurses. You cannot leave them in that same tower as the dead girl."      Jon shook her hand away. "She is not dead."   "She is. Her mother cannot see it. Nor you, it seems. Yet death is there."

As of the end of DwD’s --- The pink/bastard says Stannis is dead and LC Snow is dead or wounded.

I do think Shireen is going die and that her death will somehow be a result of her grayscale or is that greyscale.

I guess my question is if Davos had his lucky finger bone charm on him at the battle of Blackwater and Mel was at Dragonstone ---- how, when and where did she get Davos’ lucky charm?

No, I do not see a fake glamored Davos luring Shireen in the flames.

6 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

I agree w/ @Lord Vance II. That said, I've always thought the bag of fingerbones is a red herring, and the real hint is the pair of boots, and it's nothing to do w/ Mel but Arya. :leaving:

Arrrrgh, boots. Dunna ya be runnin' girl. Spill da beans bout da boots.

All playing aside I am having turrible trouble reeding or postulating on this site.  Yes, yes spelling mistakes were intentional.

8 minutes ago, Clegane'sPup said:

Arrrrgh, boots. Dunna ya be runnin' girl. Spill da beans bout da boots.

All playing aside I am having turrible trouble reeding or postulating on this site.  Yes, yes spelling mistakes were intentional.

Well... In Dance, The Ugly Little Girl we get this:

Mummers change their faces with artifice,” the kindly man was saying, “and sorcerers use glamors, weaving light and shadow and desire to make illusions that trick the eye. These arts you shall learn, but what we do here goes deeper. Wise men can see through artifice, and glamors dissolve before sharp eyes, but the face you are about to don will be as true and solid as that face you were born with. Keep your eyes closed.” She felt his fingers brushing back her hair. “Stay still. This will feel queer. You may be dizzy, but you must not move.”

And she has Dareon's boots. She tried to give them to Brusco but they were too small for him, and good boots are hard to find. ;)

AFfC, Cat of the Canals

“By the time Cat returned to Brusco’s house, an evening fog was gathering above the small canal. She put away her barrow, found Brusco in his counting room, and thumped her purse down on the table in front of him. She thumped the boots down too.
Brusco gave the purse a pat. “Good. But what’s this?”
Boots.”
Good boots are hard to find,” said Brusco, “but these are too small for my feet.” He picked one up to squint at it.”                                                                                             <snip>                                                                                                                                    “Just so,” said the kindly man. “And the third thing?”
This time she did not hesitate. “Dareon is dead. The black singer who was sleeping at the HappyPort. He was really a deserter from the Night’s Watch. Someone slit his throat and pushed him into a canal, but they kept his boots.
Good boots are hard to find.
“Just so.” She tried to keep her face still.
“Who could have done this thing, I wonder?”
Arya of House Stark.” She watched his eyes, his mouth, the muscles of his jaw.
“That girl? I thought she had left Braavos. Who are you?”
“No one.”
“You lie.” He turned to the waif. “My throat is dry. Do me a kindness and bring a cup of wine for me and warm milk for our friend Arya, who has returned to us so unexpectedly.”

And don't say I'm mad, you asked for it! :P

Archived