#16 - a shadow of a game

a free shadow

I got all correct but one very quickly before disappearing to the Land of Fire and Ice. I considered and dismissed the possibility of Robert being the answer to 7. Had I got the theme I may have guessed it despite my issues.

As per my obligation:

For Raisin Bran

For Ser Not Appearing

For Fragile Bird

For myself

For rocksniffer

For Castellan

For Julia H.

And of course, for a free shadow

Here is the last test :ninja:

1. Conversationally wanting orphan pursues detective.
2. Larger and neatly revealed form crowns.
3. Loved alternate northerner, really! Fiercely committed.
4. Churlish wench overcomes prisoner's disdain.
5. Loathsome a necklace, renal fluid consumed.
6. Clandestine webbing of portly deceptions.
7. Liability, as naturally resembles father. Chased.

Some of the clues I like very much! Except those that I have written parts of :ninja: I did it, because I do not think it would have been fair to others, to give them as they were. But I tried very much to keep to the idea of the clue, like it was given :ninja:

Bad luck to your competitors!

The wars will end on the 28th :ninja:

I thought Robert for the cuckoldee too. Then I thought only I would think of him for that and changed to Lancel. I thought he 'flunked obligation; much more completely. I rationalised dallying can just mean loitering as well as fooling around.

Plenty to chew on in this round.

Thanks to those who voted for my clue! Also thanks to @Dolorous Gabe for the ice cream! (White Walker? Hm... It must be super cold.) 

1 hour ago, Castellan said:

I thought Robert for the cuckoldee too. Then I thought only I would think of him for that and changed to Lancel. I thought he 'flunked obligation; much more completely. I rationalised dallying can just mean loitering as well as fooling around.

Plenty to chew on in this round.

I also thought that the clue could fit Lancel as well, but I regarded Robert as more likely. 

25 minutes ago, Ser Not Appearing said:

The clue for Rhaego was pretty well done. Shame I had no idea who that was for, else it would have gotten my fav vote.

I appreciate the hindsight-benefitted tribute :)

1 hour ago, Castellan said:

I did not know it could mean fooling around. I took it to mean inactivity.

Update: Nobody has guessed the theme of the third round yet! :ninja:

6 minutes ago, Julia H. said:

I also thought that the clue could fit Lancel as well, but I regarded Robert as more likely. 

I know, it is my fault. It did not feel like a fully right clue, but I ended up taking it. But that is why I made a clarification that it refers to the -ee, not the-er. Was it not helpful?

1 hour ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

I got all correct but one very quickly before disappearing to the Land of Fire and Ice. I considered and dismissed the possibility of Robert being the answer to 7. Had I got the theme I may have guessed it despite my issues.

As per my obligation:

For Raisin Bran

For Ser Not Appearing

For Fragile Bird

For myself

For rocksniffer

For Castellan

For Julia H.

Cheapskate :ninja: You should get them real ice cream!

18 hours ago, a free shadow said:

I know, it is my fault. It did not feel like a fully right clue, but I ended up taking it. But that is why I made a clarification that it refers to the -ee, not the-er. Was it not helpful?

Jaime cuckolded Robert and whoever Amerei is having sex with (I think someone specific is implied at the dinner at Darry) has cuckolded Lancel. So they are both -ees. .

Anyway enough of that I am struggling with round 3 now and I myself can't seem to write any clues that present a challenge at all.

On 22/08/2017 at 2:33 AM, Ser Not Appearing said:

I have a feeling my clue this round could present a challenge, but shadow ninja'd it to make it both easier and more artfully done. It's a very good clue now, imo.

7 hours ago, Julia H. said:

It's probably the one I have no idea about...

Yes indeed there is one very hard clue there.

Archived