If Littlefinger Dies Without Elegant Resolution...

Iron Mother

If Littlefinger dies without all of the crucial elements he has set into motion since day 1 of the show being resolved in a serious way to his character, will that be a mega disappointment to anyone?

Ever since he killed Lysa and his far back plots were revealed to the audience, it became clear he was possibly the most serious player in The Game of Thrones and set into motion arguably everything that has happened even so much as Ned Stark's death (by killing Jon Arryn) which led to basically everything major that has happened.  If he dies in an "incomplete" way according to HIGH his plotting and scheming, won't this be a really big wrench in the entire story as seen on TV?

Such as, if he dies at the hands of Arya in revenge, or if Jon kills him in anger over some manipulation of Sansa, or if Sansa orders him killed because he is either in her way or just no longer needs him anymore.  I feel this would be a major downer to a character who has set into motion SO many things I can't even count them all right now.

Does anyone think the show needs a "proper" resolution to the Littlefinger character arc?  Or is it OK if he just dies for a comparatively random reason?  Personally, I hope his wheels are already in motion and he will at least go out with a bang (which I don't know what that could be since he has expressed his ultimate goal is to rule the 7 kingdoms).

What say you all?

I had a thought he may (after seeing Sansa will not come to his side) bring the Vale over the Cercei at a critical moment when she really needs his forces as an alliance  and offer in exchange a marriage proposal.  But that's just a random thought.  That would make him one step away from the throne.  And I wonder if him marrying her (and of course then when he gets her killed) where does that leave him in "proper" succession to the throne.  I mean, Cercei really has no true valid claim to be on it as she is now.  If that were to happen THEN he dies, I would find  that acceptable to the character arc.  That would be kind of an "Icarus" narrative.  So close only to fall =)

So, no one thinks the character of Littlefinger is so essential to Game of Thrones theory and lore that if he were to simply die in revenge or some menial way, it would not disappoint you and disservice his character entirely? 

I find that hard to believe =(  Please let us discuss

2 hours ago, Iron Mother said:

So, no one thinks the character of Littlefinger is so essential to Game of Thrones theory and lore that if he were to simply die in revenge or some menial way, it would not disappoint you and disservice his character entirely? 

I'm, he's the first and one of my little list of favourites (with Sansa and Cersei), and I'm a firm believer that he's the core and the engine character of GOT, he set the the whole story in motion.

Even if he is alive until now is a mystery because of his evil deeds and as much as I want Sansa to kill him with her bare hands, it is a strong indication that his story is not done yet and that he have a long journey ahead of him when the war of the queens settle down.

Unfortunately,  D&D will turned into a joke lately and made him a silent character standing on a wall.

Honestly, I have no idea how LF survived post season one, which is where the writing for him started to go south. Remember the scene where LF tries to intimidate Cersei by telling her he knows about the incest, to which Cersei replies "power is power" and almost kills him? He isn't half as clever as his book counterpart. 

14 hours ago, Future Null Infinity said:

I'm, he's the first and one of my little list of favourites (with Sansa and Cersei), and I'm a firm believer that he's the core and the engine character of GOT, he set the the whole story in motion.

Even if he is alive until now is a mystery because of his evil deeds and as much as I want Sansa to kill him with her bare hands, it is a strong indication that his story is not done yet and that he have a long journey ahead of him when the war of the queens settle down.

Unfortunately,  D&D will turned into a joke lately and made him a silent character standing on a wall.

What you say about him being the "engine" of the whole plot is really REALLY true.  And how can one dispose of the engine of the entire plot in some random way or without (what I chose to call) "Elegant Resolution"?  The "main" characters like Jon, Daenerys, Tyrion, etc....... all these people seem to have total priority to their scripted endings.  It makes me sad that a character that started the entire "Game" to begin with would be killed off in a revenge-type situation, or a plot device for Sansa's Fury.... that seems so utterly cheap.

When I first really found out of the depth of LFs character and schemes (basically when he made Lysa fly) I was shocked and astonished.  I thought to myself "OK LF has gone upward very high in the RANK of meaning in the show".  I really have been waiting and waiting and waiting to see what LF does next.  All these other characters - EVEN DAENERYS - they really just seem to be REACTING to things.  Jon is a great example.  He doesn't have forward-thinking plans.... well, not until recently.  He just reacted to whatever was happening.  Daenerys is the same.  Other than "I am the Queen of Great Grass Sea, Mother to Dragons, Breaker of Chains, Lord of Westeros, etc" her only proactive element is that she is going  to Westeros to rule because that is her DESTINY.

LF has had a plan all along.  It would be so sad to see such a wonderful villain go down without meaning.

Archived