Game of Thrones - first print.

Hello

Does anybody on this boards owns first edition of AGoT from 1996 and could check one detail for me?

In scene of Ned killing Lady is there additional sentence between: 

"Shortly, Jory brought him Ice."

and

"When it was over, he said, “Choose four men and have them take the body north. Bury her at Winterfell.”"

Particulary any sentence claiming it was hardest thing to do in Ned's life?

I know this isn't what you wanted, and I just have two separate 2011 Bantam paperback editions. That said, if there was anything between "Jory brought him Ice" and "When it was over", I'm glad it was removed. Nothing more needed to be said, and the idea that "this was the hardest thing to do in Ned's life" would be absolutely laughable. The man fought in at least one war. He's guided Winterfell and its smallfolk through several winters. He had to kill some of his best friends. His father and elder brother were tortured to death. He watched his beloved sister die and took on a promise to her that despoiled his honor and basic decency as a man, and created a rift between him and his wife that would never heal. He had to raise his sister's son Jon all unaware of who he was, and under the impression he was a disgraceful byblow, a bastard with no true family or future, and a mother surrogate who never hesitated to let him know he wasn't wanted.

Killing a big puppy would be as nothing compared to Ned's earlier life. Why do you ask?

10 hours ago, Daemon Blackfyre IV said:

Person asked a question, I'm sure it was a debate with another person or something I don't get why you would chime in and try to belittle them if you can't provide an answer 

I'm sorry. Now, what's the answer?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived