Supernatural Sea Battle

I have rewatched the episode and can confirm Euron only used 1 ship, his own Silence, against all Yara's fleet.

His ship is the only one that isnt on fire during the battle. And the final shot is his ship slowly moving away with everything else burning arround it and no other ship in sight.

Isn't this a bit unrealistic? Are we supposed to think some king of magic was involved?

- Where did the fireballs come from?

Surprised no one is questioning something this big. For a second I thought Dragons were fighting or that the ships from Meeren had come to Westeros. Ironborn ships don't shoot fireballs.

- Did Euron literally Bring the Storm ("I am the Storm!")?

A storm of dark black clouds and thunder was forming above Euron's ship but not where Yara's ships were. That would explain why it's so dark during the battle scene. Notice that there wasnt any rain and the thunder stopped right after the battle was finished.

- Is Euron human? How many times did he get incapacitated/fatally wounded?

He gets a clean snake Spear in the back, a dagger cut right in the face, dagger stab in the leg followed by a dagger to the pillar and stones, 2x more leg dagger slashes. Not counting multiple whip lashes and a slap in the face by Yara :)

Seriously, how can he just shrug it off? He didn't even flinch. Specially the familly jewels stab.

Spoiler

- Could the fireballs be from Pyromancers?

- Where is Euron's Valyrian Steel Armor?

This would make the audience respect him a bit more and would be a cool surprise.

I'm pretty sure Euron was not alone in this action, and them not showing any other Euron ships was either negligence on the writers part or they just wanted to show all the other burning Yara/Theon ships to emphasize how hard Euron rekt them.

The fireballs are apparently based on greek fire, but I don't know anything about this, and whether or not it is realistic to fire "fireballs" like that from ships with that kind of accuracy.

It would be stupid to suddenly reveal Euron to have any sort of magic, because the show did nothing to establish any sort of relation between Euron and magic ( I know it's different in the books, but the books and the show are so far apart now that isn't even worth mentioning anymore)

I'm pretty sure Euron is human and mortal and most of the damage he takes are superficial cuts/ flesh wounds, he's just enraged with adrenaline, and the "ball stabbing shot" is actually Bad Pussy Snake castrating some extra, Euron never get hits in the nuts.

I don't believe the Silence was the only ship from Euron's fleet.  There was a thick fog so we didn't necessarily have sufficient visibility to say they weren't there.  Euron attacked Yara's ship because he wanted prisoners.

On 7/27/2017 at 0:52 PM, Ser Yorick Ampersand said:

- Where did the fireballs come from?

Surprised no one is questioning something this big. For a second I thought Dragons were fighting or that the ships from Meeren had come to Westeros. Ironborn ships don't shoot fireballs.

I ranted about this in the rant and rave section.

They came from the sky. Literally. I rewatched it and noticed that they are never seen being fired. It is because, I am guessing, the show's production team really wanted this cool effect. However, they couldn't think of a way for Euron's fleet to fling fiery cannonballs as such technology has never been seen, never mind that surely it would also set the ship that shot it aflame as well.

It was a lazy effect in that respect.

I don't understand some of this confusion.

The fire is not especially based on Greek fire. It's just fire. Get a pot, fill it with oil, resin, embers, whatever. Light (if necessary) and throw it with a catapult. What's the problem? Everyone has heard of Molotov cocktails and catapults, right? It's really not a revolutionary thing to do in real life or in the series. In fact, we saw exactly the same thing last season at Meereen, and it's used in the books when Stannis attacks King's Landing.

See gif image: https://dreamgifs5.files.wordpress.com/2016/06/untitled-417.gif

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_pot#Warfare

As for Euron's injuries, it's not clear to me that he suffered anything too serious. The guy who was clearly stabbed in the balls looked different and was in a totally different place, so I think we can assume it was a different person, unless Euron is a teleporting Faceless Man. There were a couple of things that could have been nasty, but he is wearing armour so presumably he wasn't badly injured.

57 minutes ago, Ser Petyr Parker said:

I don't understand some of this confusion.

Me neither

The fire is not especially based on Greek fire. It's just fire. Get a pot, fill it with oil, resin, embers, whatever. Light (if necessary) and throw it with a catapult. What's the problem? Everyone has heard of Molotov cocktails and catapults, right? It's really not a revolutionary thing to do in real life or in the series. In fact, we saw exactly the same thing last season at Meereen, and it's used in the books when Stannis attacks King's Landing.

Its pretty straight forward really as you have said its just a large molotov cocktail fire with a giant catapult. Ive not rewatched it but i am as we speak i am. Regardless or not if we see catapults or not we can just assume thats how they would be fired as we have seen before.

See gif image: https://dreamgifs5.files.wordpress.com/2016/06/untitled-417.gif

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_pot#Warfare

As for Euron's injuries, it's not clear to me that he suffered anything too serious. The guy who was clearly stabbed in the balls looked different and was in a totally different place, so I think we can assume it was a different person, unless Euron is a teleporting Faceless Man. There were a couple of things that could have been nasty, but he is wearing armour so presumably he wasn't badly injured.

Its very confusing many people think it was Euron who got stabbed in the groin but in fact wasnt as you have said. The clip is right in the middle of the two sands snakes fighting Euron and the way the have cut it makes it very confusing. Regarding his injuries, GOT has a habit of unrealistic things happening so what would kill a normal person doesnt really apply to game of thrones, take Arya for example she was probably stabbed more times than Jon, he died pretty much in minutes and she was running around jumping off things for half the show.

In regards to Silence being the only ship im going to pressume that he had the majority or even all his force against a few ships that yara had there.

Having not read the books and only heard things alot of people claim hes no where as badass in the show. 

I think we alot of things we just have to accept the story is going to end the same way but plans/people/direction is not going to be the same as it is in the books or vica versa

The storm did follow him. Also one of the hits he takes could bounce off his armor and one of them nicked his leg and another cut his face but nothing serious. Funny thing is when you use a whip to fight someone with an axe and armor that flasy whip doesn't seem as good as it did. I did think it was cool how euron killed both sand snakes with their own weapons

1 minute ago, snow is the man said:

The storm did follow him. Also one of the hits he takes could bounce off his armor and one of them nicked his leg and another cut his face but nothing serious. Funny thing is when you use a whip to fight someone with an axe and armor that flasy whip doesn't seem as good as it did. I did think it was cool how euron killed both sand snakes with their own weapons

Taking a whip as a weapon, was like taking a knife to a gun fight, absolutely moronic. It was quiet poetic the way they were killed with there own weapons.

5 minutes ago, Ser Petyr Parker said:

We had a similar effect with the White Walkers and their army in the first episode of the season. Coincidence?

well if they follow the books in any way then euron will have some warlocks with him and they could do that. I don't think it is a coincedence though. Would be kinda cool if we find out euron did something (likely on accident) that "woke up" the WW and caused the army of the dead to rise

Archived