SpaceChampion

The Expanse #3: Abaddon's Post - [spoilers for book only up to latest tv show episode]

23 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, JonArryn said:

I recently binged this. I thought it was quite good, it took a step up in season 2 imo. 

My favorite characters would be Miller, Chrisjen and Amos I think. I really like Alex too, he needs some more character development next season. I actually doesn't think Holden nor Naomi are very interesting characters. Both are kind of annoying becuase of their houlier-than-thou schtick they're always doing. 

But as a whole, this series is great, and the shots are gorgeous most of the time. It doesn't reach BSG's highs, but then again, not many series can compare with BSG first 2.5 seasons run. I do like the realism of keeping it pretty grounded and in our solar system too, it makes it a bit more familiar regarding the worldbuilding. And agreed, Chrisjens actor is really good. Nice to see an older woman kicking ass on the screen. Looking forward to next season. 

We're in the same boat haha. I finished Season 1 and got to the second half of Season 2 ages ago but only recently finished it all [Blade Runner got me in that sci fi mood]

It's such a great show. I'm still gutted about Miller - episode 5 of season 2 was such amazing TV. I agree i'm never really super invested in Holden and I didn't like Amos at first but now there is certainly more than meets the eye to him. I have a suspicion he's had that same empathy removal surgery done on him as the protomolecule doc.

I don't like Holden but I do think he is interesting given how far he was willing to go to try and stop the spread of the protomolecule. A good example of the path to hell being paved with good intentions. Naomi worked as his conscience for that, though we see she is not perfect either. I think she is the more compelling and interesting of the two though, largely due to her Belter origins and how the influences her actions throughout the series. (Have not read the books so don't know where she goes from this point fwiw). 

I want to see more of Earth so we can get a fuller glimpse of what this future society is like and how it operates. Bobby's brief glimpse and the stuff with Holden's family in season 1 was interesting but I want more :P Would also enjoy seeing Mars too.

16 hours ago, Фейсал said:

We're in the same boat haha. I finished Season 1 and got to the second half of Season 2 ages ago but only recently finished it all [Blade Runner got me in that sci fi mood]

It's such a great show. I'm still gutted about Miller - episode 5 of season 2 was such amazing TV. I agree i'm never really super invested in Holden and I didn't like Amos at first but now there is certainly more than meets the eye to him. I have a suspicion he's had that same empathy removal surgery done on him as the protomolecule doc.

Br2049 was a great movie. So I get why you wanted some more sci-fi to fill that craving. 

Miller was by far my favorite character, and episode 5 was probably the best episode of season 2. A real belly of the best-scenario. At first I thought he was going to make it out but the further in he went the more you had to doubt it. Great ending for his character. 

3 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I don't like Holden but I do think he is interesting given how far he was willing to go to try and stop the spread of the protomolecule. A good example of the path to hell being paved with good intentions. Naomi worked as his conscience for that, though we see she is not perfect either. I think she is the more compelling and interesting of the two though, largely due to her Belter origins and how the influences her actions throughout the series. (Have not read the books so don't know where she goes from this point fwiw). 

I want to see more of Earth so we can get a fuller glimpse of what this future society is like and how it operates. Bobby's brief glimpse and the stuff with Holden's family in season 1 was interesting but I want more :P Would also enjoy seeing Mars too.

Agree that Naomi has a bit more going for her. At least they have some things they can explore regarding her past, and her belter origin. 

Have no idea where they're going with this either. But I liked how they introduced Bobbie's character this season. At first I didn't take to her at all, but with the court questioning it was like a heel-turn and she instantly became more likeable and interesting.