Fantasy Football 2017

Whiskeyjack

25 minutes ago, Analu said:

OK no worries. Not really interested in a non-standard league, I wanted to join another standard or expanded roster standard league. If any spots open up, can you put me in the queue? Thanks!

Sounds good.  Will let you know if somebody doesn't sign up on yahoo.

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Bronn Stone said:

Lineup setting advice sought.

Choose 1:
Brees @MINN or Matt Ryan @CHI or Dalton vs BALT

Choose 3  Lamar Miller, Dalvin Cook, Jonathan Stewart, Tyreek Hill, Chris Hogan, Corey Coleman.  No more than 2 WR or 2 RB.

Ryan (Chi D = bad)

Miller (home favorite), Cook (home favorite), Hogan (toss up with Hill -- both are decent options. Coleman may have trouble with Pitt)

1 hour ago, Bronn Stone said:

Lineup setting advice sought.

Choose 1:
Brees @MINN or Matt Ryan @CHI or Dalton vs BALT

Choose 3  Lamar Miller, Dalvin Cook, Jonathan Stewart, Tyreek Hill, Chris Hogan, Corey Coleman.  No more than 2 WR or 2 RB.

Absolutely Ryan. Vikings D is still good as hell, and I would be wary of using Cook. Our O-Line is still awful. 

On 9/6/2017 at 1:05 PM, Week said:

Ryan (Chi D = bad)

Miller (home favorite), Cook (home favorite), Hogan (toss up with Hill -- both are decent options. Coleman may have trouble with Pitt)

Agreed with and used this advice. So far, not so good in the WR. (But it reinforced what I was thinking). NSGMTA...

Quick shoutout while I still can, to Giorgio Tavecchio - K OAK.  I saw Giorgio play at Cal many, many times.  Never thought he was an NFL guy (unlike Ryan Longwell and Doug Brien, both who showed those skills during their tenures in Berkeley).  But he banged a couple of long ones and so far was the #1 K in Fantasy this week.

Also, Giorgio's performance makes again possible one of my favorite mental games - A Fantasy Football team with players all from the same college.

Hard to fill a roster - not too many schools have 3 WR, 2 RB , 1 TE, 1 K and 1 QB with fantasy potential.

Cal comes pretty close...

QB: Rodgers (Goff)
WR: DeSean, Keenan Allen, Marvin Jones
RB: Beast Mode, CJ Anderson (Shane Vereen)
TE: Richard Rodgers (sadly 3rd string now)
K: Tavecchio

Went 3-1 this week.

Feel okay about all of the teams that won - Experts, Westeros A, and Westeros B.

Think I'm in trouble in Westeros C though.  Both of the big injuries this week were to players on my team - David Johnson and Allen Robinson.  That's basically 35% of my draft capital out the window.  Leaves me with a $130 team, which is rough.

Or TE, really, b/c OJ Howard and Tampa had an enforced bye. I didn't stop to think during the draft that I'd only have one day, during which I had plans, to try and make trades etc.

Strong week.  4-1 plus a win in my $$ league.  Kinda stole a win in Keeper, but the top 5 scorers in that league did win, even though I was 5th and had a number that won't win often.  But a top score in Experts is always welcome.

Historically, I believe week 1 scores tend to be low, but it wasn't so last year (or the year before?).  But I still feel good about all my teams except Keeper, which was drafted to barely compete this year with an eye toward the future.

11 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

I went 4-0 while not having a starting QB in Dynasty.

Those who doubt Her Majesty of Highest Order, The Unhooved, Breaker of Trades, Mother of Lineups, Jace Draftborn... will be destroyed.

If you can sustain that in Dynasty you're going to totally break the mold. I was kind of wondering whether or not a team could just take the $200 and attempt to just draft a powerhouse without considering long term value, and actually win. I guess we're going to find out.

1 minute ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

If you can sustain that in Dynasty you're going to totally break the mold. I was kind of wondering whether or not a team could just take the $200 and attempt to just draft a powerhouse without considering long term value, and actually win. I guess we're going to find out.

Yes.  It's a one year thing though.  There is enough year over year turnover to get a really good team.  It's just if a top player is signed to a low contract, that owner has an advantage.  So having David Johnson at $3 gives the owner essentially and extra $50 to spend on other positions.  So if they do that, it makes it hard for someone with no keepers to get all the top guys.

Just now, grozeng said:

Yes.  It's a one year thing though.  There is enough year over year turnover to get a really good team.  It's just if a top player is signed to a low contract, that owner has an advantage.  So having David Johnson at $3 gives the owner essentially and extra $50 to spend on other positions.  So if they do that, it makes it hard for someone with no keepers to get all the top guys.

Yeah, I get that. The thing is just looking at Jace's team, outside of one glaring weakness, it's pretty stacked. Her having autodrafted in one way has kind of a big advantage, and that's that most of us are undervaluing top end guys in favor of getting multiple mid-range and low end guys on the cheap. I doubt that this strategy is viable long term, but she's pretty close to having a "win now" sort of team. Kind of interesting.

4 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Yeah, I get that. The thing is just looking at Jace's team, outside of one glaring weakness, it's pretty stacked. Her having autodrafted in one way has kind of a big advantage, and that's that most of us are undervaluing top end guys in favor of getting multiple mid-range and low end guys on the cheap. I doubt that this strategy is viable long term, but she's pretty close to having a "win now" sort of team. Kind of interesting.

;)

There's a reason I didn't take to whinging at the misfortune of having autodrafted. One year, then I clear basically all of my salary and reevaluate.

21 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

I think she is erring in the decision to offer zero contracts.  At least a couple of them are worth flyers.  I'd lock down Jonathan Stewart at $1 without hesitation.  Mayhaps not four years, but two or three.  He'll be an awesome backup at that price.

Archived