Fantasy Football 2017

Whiskeyjack

2 minutes ago, Bronn Stone said:

I think she is erring in the decision to offer zero contracts.  At least a couple of them are worth flyers.  I'd lock down Jonathan Stewart at $1 without hesitation.  Mayhaps not four years, but two or three.  He'll be an awesome backup at that price.

LIES!!!!

8 minutes ago, Bronn Stone said:

I think she is erring in the decision to offer zero contracts.  At least a couple of them are worth flyers.  I'd lock down Jonathan Stewart at $1 without hesitation.  Mayhaps not four years, but two or three.  He'll be an awesome backup at that price.

Yeah, I agree that's a mistake. I see at least one other I'd take a flyer on.

Went 2-2 in Westeros leagues, but thankfully the two wins were in the feeder leagues. The loss in Thunderdome was very crushing, having to know that on the other ME is smiling ear to ear. I honestly don't even care about the Dynasty loss. My team is BAD. 

2 hours ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

I went 4-0 while not having a starting QB in Dynasty.

Those who doubt Her Majesty of Highest Order, The Unhooved, Breaker of Trades, Mother of Lineups, Jace Draftborn... will be destroyed.

You're the Donald Trump of Westeros FF. Keep failing your way to the top, guuurl! 

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

Went 2-2 in Westeros leagues, but thankfully the two wins were in the feeder leagues. The loss in Thunderdome was very crushing, having to know that on the other ME is smiling ear to ear. I honestly don't even care about the Dynasty loss. My team is BAD. 

You know what's weird? Even though I know logically that I should be more accepting of a loss in Dynasty given the circumstance, that was the hardest one for me to lose. I feel more invested in that team than any other, even my money league. Really dig that format. 

The league I am missing is our Survivor league.  Not the normal Survivor format, but you get a real FF team, and low score of the week is out of the league (voted off the island) until all are gone.  Roto scoring, not HTH.  That made for some fun Monday nights.

1 hour ago, Bronn Stone said:

The league I am missing is our Survivor league.  Not the normal Survivor format, but you get a real FF team, and low score of the week is out of the league (voted off the island) until all are gone.  Roto scoring, not HTH.  That made for some fun Monday nights.

Week 1 and 2 were combined, right?  There is still time.

2 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

You know what's weird? Even though I know logically that I should be more accepting of a loss in Dynasty given the circumstance, that was the hardest one for me to lose. I feel more invested in that team than any other, even my money league. Really dig that format. 

Dynasty is my favorite league.  We used to have one in baseball too and that was the most fun.  My fans in Japan loved my team.

4 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

No one is ever going to mistake me for Sperry, but I'll be damned if Bradford didn't look like a top 10 QB Monday Night. Granted, the Saints defense is ass, but Minnesota seems to have improved on offense. Two really good edge receivers in Thielen and Diigs, a nice pass catching TE, and Darwin Cook appears to be the real deal. The O-line should only get better as the season progresses (barring injury of course). On top of that I get Snead who basically becomes my 3rd best receiver once he's off suspension. As far as losing Murray goes, I have Lynch on my bench, so I feel like I'm not really losing much outside of depth. And I thought Lynch was much more impressive than Murray was last week. So I improve at two spots (QB2 and WR3) and really stay the same at RB2 with the exception of some depth.

What a treat, listeners. Mooch will be on in a moment, but I just received a statement from Mr. Grigson himself, in defense of his ill fated decision.

14 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

My guess is it’s because you’ve already accepted that this league requires a multi-year commitment.  

15 hours ago, Bronn Stone said:

I'm down to see how many people we can get for survivor last minute. 

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 11:06 AM, Whiskeyjack said:

Went 3-1 this week.

Feel okay about all of the teams that won - Experts, Westeros A, and Westeros B.

Think I'm in trouble in Westeros C though.  Both of the big injuries this week were to players on my team - David Johnson and Allen Robinson.  That's basically 35% of my draft capital out the window.  Leaves me with a $130 team, which is rough.

Well I'm the guy that spent $56 or whatever on John Brown. So it sort of depends.

It was fun losing Monday night in one of my money leagues when Bradford beat me by a point and a half when I had Diggs going.  I was up after the 2 TDs but he fed Theilen too much.

Been working all offseason to try to improve my dynasty paid league team after injuries (plus Osweiler making Hopkins pedestrian) led me to an unfortunate last place finish last year in our league's first season.  On the plus side, all the injuries left me with the number one pick and Corey Davis, so not the worst consolation prize in the world.  However, I wanted to compete for a title this year, not for draft picks.

Anyway, made several trades during the offseason to work toward this goal.

Trade 1: David Njoku for Mike Williams.
Not really a major trade, but I ended the rookie draft with both Howard and Njoku due to how the draft fell, so one of them was expendable, and my buddy really needed a TE.  I basically looked at this as flipping one very nice prospect for another who might flash some more immediate value this year.  My hope is that Williams has a couple of good games once he returns this season, which will prop up his trade value.  

Trade 2: Kenneth Dixon + 2018 1st for Sammy Watkins
I got really lucky with this one, as I got it done two days before Dixon tore up his knee and completely tanked his value.  Giving up the first was a risk, but I had a good team last year that just saw everyone get hurt, so I was confident that, with a bit more luck this season, I'd have a much better finish.  And I'm a big fan of Watkins as well, although he didn't end up staying on my roster.

Trade 3: Danny Woodhead for Duke Johnson + 2018 2nd
I was offered this by one of the top teams in our league and couldn't turn it down.  I grabbed Woodhead off of waivers earlier in the summer, so I basically got Duke and a 2nd for free.  I would have done the deal without the second.  I love Duke Johnson.  He wasn't great in week one, but everything I've read from Hue Jackson says he wants to get Duke more involved in the offense.  

Trade 4: Sammy Watkins + Alvin Kamara + Breshad Perriman + 2018 2nd + 2019 1st for David Johnson + Delanie Walker
This was basically what I've been hoarding assets and youth for.  Yes, Johnson is out for most of this season, but I'm looking forward with this one as well.  Watkins wasn't even starting for my team (Hopkins, Keenan, and Thielen are my current starters, and I have Davis on the bench) at the moment.  I like Kamara, but Perriman was on my roster bubble.  The second rounder is the one I got in the Woodhead trade, too.  I also addressed one of my biggest immediate weaknesses, which is the TE position.  Oh, and I grabbed Kerwynn Williams off the waiver wire this week, so I've got DJ's handcuff.  I was also really happy I was able to do this deal without giving up Davis, because he's one of those guys I just believe in and you need guys like that on your dynasty roster to root for.

All in all, my roster currently stands at...

QB - Matt Stafford, DeShone Kizer, Jared Goff

RB - Melvin Gordon, David Johnson, Doug Martin, Duke Johnson, Giovani Bernard, Kerwynn Williams, Buck Allen, Eddie Lacy

WR - DeAndre Hopkins, Keenan Allen, Adam Thielen, Corey Davis, Donte Moncrief, Nelson Agholor, Zay Jones, Mike Williams, Josh Doctson, Quincy Enunwa 

TE - Delanie Walker, Cameron Brate, OJ Howard

K - Giorgio Tavecchio

DL - JJ Watt, Trey Flowers

DB - Landon Collins

LB - Zach Brown, Navorro Bowman

---

Scoring is .5 PPR.  Also, IDPs get 1.5 per tackle, so they have a tendency to put up some solid games and I have three of the best starters in the league, provided Watt gets his shit together and stays healthy this year.

Pretty happy with where my team is at now, though.  It looks a hell of a lot better than it did right before our rookie draft.  I would love to have a better starting QB, but at the same time, Stafford is basically a QB1 every year, so I'm not too worried.  I'm also a little strapped for assets at the moment that I am willing to give up, so I don't really have the ammo to trade for a guy like Rodgers anyway.  The guy I got DJ for also has Aaron Rodgers and is almost certainly going to be one of the worst teams in the league this year, so he may be getting a call from me later if Kizer or Goff continue to look really good and some of my young guys breaks out.

If all goes well, I should be a playoff team this year, and I'll have DJ coming back right as the postseason is about to start.

Decided to give the Surivor League one more shot.  PM me for an invitation.  Read the thread here in Forum Games if you don't know how we do the format.  Hint: It's nothing like the leagues where you pick an NFL team to not lose every week AND it's Roto.

3 minutes ago, Bronn Stone said:

Decided to give the Surivor League one more shot.  PM me for an invitation.  Read the thread here in Forum Games if you don't know how we do the format.  Hint: It's nothing like the leagues where you pick an NFL team to not lose every week AND it's Roto.

I'm down. I actually thought Thunderdome was a survivor league of sorts when I first checked it out. 

Archived