Fantasy Football 2017

Whiskeyjack

17 minutes ago, Bronn Stone said:

QB: pick one for week #2

Drew Brees (vs. NE) or Matt Ryan (vs GB).

Based on last week performances, Brees.  KC put up 40+ points against NE and allowed Alex Smith to throw for 4 TDs.  GB shutdown Seattle and held Wilson to 0 TDs. 

PPR league. I need to start 1 of these RB: Gillislee(@NO), CJ Anderson(DAL), Kerwynn Williams(@Ind). 

Kerwynn is a stretch so I'm leaning towards Gillislee. I had him on my bench last week and lost by 5, but it is NE so he could have 4 touches this week. Or I could bench Demaryius Thomas at my flex to start 2 of these, but it is a full point PPR league so having a good WR is the logical move.

Denver's backfield isn't that much of a mess since Anderson got 21 touches and Charles got 10. Charles also fumbled away his opportunity to become more 1b to Anderson's 1a. Gillislee might still be the safer play given that he played relatively well against KC, but NE is a terrible place to look for consistency.

11 minutes ago, Lord Dracarys said:

Denver's backfield isn't that much of a mess since Anderson got 21 touches and Charles got 10. Charles also fumbled away his opportunity to become more 1b to Anderson's 1a. Gillislee might still be the safer play given that he played relatively well against KC, but NE is a terrible place to look for consistency.

Kinda leaning towards Anderson as well. Dallas's defense is not good, and it looks like Denver shored up their O-line to some degree. I would expect to see a lot of Anderson, as Denver should be looking to eat up clock and keeping the ball out of Elliott's hands. 

I hate starting NE backs unless I absolutely have to, and that backfield is more crowded than its' ever been.

24 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Kinda leaning towards Anderson as well. Dallas's defense is not good, and it looks like Denver shored up their O-line to some degree. I would expect to see a lot of Anderson, as Denver should be looking to eat up clock and keeping the ball out of Elliott's hands. 

I hate starting NE backs unless I absolutely have to, and that backfield is more crowded than its' ever been.

Gillislee might be worth a flex I think given he got 15 carries last week and goal-line duties. However, White also got 13 touches (10 carries and 3 touches). Better than Demaryius Thomas who only had 5 receptions, but still with the inherent risk of the NE backfield.

2 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Don't tell Giants that. Ughh.

I'll probably go with Gillislee just because of the fear of getting burnt twice, but it will be a gametime decision. For whatever reason I'm cursed in this league so I feel that I'll make the wrong decision no matter what.

Bad week for me. Went 1-3, got blown out in two games, lost one in final few minutes of the last game that mattered and almost lost again last night. Overall I'm 3-5 on the year, but at least I'm 2-0 in W-C and 1-1 in W-B, but man, my high picks are not paying off so far. 

Rough start to this fantasy season to the tune of being 1-7 in Westeros related leagues (though in Keeper I had the second highest points for against the top scoring team this week), but have had significantly better starts in non-westeros leagues (3-1). Some players I had higher expectations from have been seriously under-performing thus far this season and some gambits haven't paid dividends. I think at least in B  I need to take a more wait and see approach over the next few weeks because the team isn't bad. Westeros A is going to be a bit of a mess unless the WR corps starts playing up to it's draft cost.

Dynasty is most harmed by losing it's best overall player and some under performing rookies.

Two weeks in a row in my dynasty pay league that I've made a trade that helped me win.  Last week I dealt with the guy I was playing, sending him Watkins in a package for David Johnson, who became available due to the injury, and Delanie Walker.  The other guy started Watkins over Chris Hogan.  That point swing combined with me starting Walker over Brate, who was my starting TE before that, gave me the win.

This week, traded Zay Jones and a 3rd for DeSean Jackson and started him over Adam Thielen due to the match-up.  Needed every bit of their four point score difference to win, as I ended up winning the week by .4 points.  

Given how my team performed last year (basically everyone got hurt and everything was awful and I ended up with the worst record, although to be fair part of that was due to some end of year tanking), I'm very happy with the 3-0 start, especially since I don't have my first rounder next summer.  :lol:

Archived