Fantasy Football 2017

Whiskeyjack

3 hours ago, grozeng said:

I had a tough week.  Lost by 0.4 points in Dynasty and 10 points in keeper and lost Cook in Thunderdome.  Last week sucked.

I think over the last two weeks my combined margin of defeat is >150. Why couldn't you have given me ME's team. Meany! 

Oh, and the only good player+contract I inherited now needs a backiotomy. At least that Watson pickup at $9 for 3 years is looking mighty sweet right about now.

Went 2-2 last week.  And still alive in Survivor.

Currently sitting at 4-0 in Experts, and 3-1 in both Westeros A and Westeros B.  Down to 1-3 in W-C.

On the downside, lost Cook in 2 leagues and Carson in 3 leagues.  So results are probably going to be a lot worse the rest of the way.

Woot woot! 4-0 this week, and I handed out three beat downs. I’m now 4-1 in both W-B and W-C, and my W-C is probably the best team I’ve ever built. I’m also now 2-3 in Thunderdome and 1-4 in Dynasty. And I survived. Thanks Jags D, because half my starters combined for 5 points.

3-1 this week and survived. Lost by two points in Keeper mostly because of Stefon Digg's injury early on. Westeros B and A are now marching nicely both scoring top 3 this week. Though with the OBJ injury I have to wonder how well the WA team will do going forward, but maybe Snead will return to form.

Both of my pay leagues are going really well.  4-0-1 in non-PPR re-draft and 4-1 in dynasty.  Also just swung a trade for Aaron Rodgers in dynasty, which represents a significant upgrade over Stafford, my former starter and current back-up.  I've picked the bones of the worst team in the league in dynasty.  Got Rodgers and David Johnson from him.  Injuries suck, but when they can lead to you getting a RB like DJ who otherwise would never, ever have been available, they're not so bad.

I looked at my dynasty roster from a year ago to now and the difference is just ridiculous.

Last year at this time:
QB - Stafford, Osweiler (lol)
RB - Gordon, Lacy, Martin, McKinnon, Dixon, Langford, Sims, Karlos Williams
WR - Hopkins, Allen, Moncrief, Enunwa, Kerley, Rogers, Perriman, Doctson, Kevin White, Conley, Gordon, Torrey Smith
TE - Brate, Tamme

This year:
QB - Rodgers, Stafford, Kizer
RB - Gordon, David Johnson, Martin, Duke Johnson, Buck, Gio, Gallman
WR - Hopkins, Allen, Thielen, D-Jax, Moncrief, Agholor, Doctson, Corey Davis, Mike Williams, Matthews, JuJu, Jaron Brown, Enunwa
TE - Walker, Engram

We also do IDP (1DL, 1DB, 1LB), but no real need to list them.

Current goal is to try to swing a trade for Kelce, as the team who has him is 1-4.  Wouldn't mind getting Jordy from him as well, but not sure what I'd be willing to give up for a guy that's 32 compared to the price the guy might demand.

Went 2-2 again this week.  Which is okay, as long as one of the losses is always in W-C.

Experts:  5-0  (1st place and 1st in points)
W-B:  4-1  (2nd place and 1st in points)
W-A:  3-2  (2nd place and 1st in points)
W-C:  1-4  (9th place and 8th in points)

Had a horrendous start to the season (0-2 and 0-3), but my teams have been doing better the last several weeks.

W-C: 3-2 (5th place and 3rd in points)
Experts: 1-4 (10th place and 3rd in points)
Survivor: still alive

Just hoping to make the playoffs in C and Experts, and then anything can happen.  Good shape in C, but might need to catch a break or two in Experts.  

Well, things continued to go well from a win-loss perspective. Went 3-1 in Westeros based leagues, which included scoring third highest in WB despite losing Aaron Rodgers. That injury hurts my prospects in WB going forward, but hopefully the team can continue to carry itself with whatever I cobble together as a QB2 in that league. Made a trade to strengthen (Receiving Julio and Miller for McCoy and Cooper) other parts of the team and just make do with back up QBs filling in for Rodgers on a rotating basis.

Went 3-1 this week.  So that's good.  And didn't have Rodgers on any teams, so finally dodged a long-term injury to a star player. 

On the downside, the one loss was a brutal one in Experts that should have been a win, if not for the phantom ASJ fumble.  Pretty unhappy about that - ruined my perfect record.

Experts:  5-1  (1st place, 1st in points)
Westeros B:  5-1  (1st place, 1st in points)
Westeros A:  4-2  (2nd place, 1st in points)
Westeros C:  2-4  (7th place, 7th in points)

3 hours ago, Whiskeyjack said:

On the downside, the one loss was a brutal one in Experts that should have been a win, if not for the phantom ASJ fumble.  Pretty unhappy about that - ruined my perfect record.

Nobody who would have scored about 121 can say they deserved a win in Experts.

Dreadful week, had to evacuate apartment and stay with a family member who considers his internet being down for five weeks 'no big deal'.  Ran through all the data on my phone in five days.  Couldn't get sites to load to easily monitor news or edit lineups.  And it showed.  1-5 overall, nearly eliminated in Survivor.

Went 3-1 this week. Up to 5-1 in both W-B and W-C which is great. Also back to .500 in Thunderdome. Dynasty continues to disappoint, as I now am 1-5 and totally thought I had it in the bag, but Jace snuck on me at the last second. And I had the most amazing survival ever. Pick'em, on the other hand, has been a complete disaster. I think I went 5-9 this week. 

Managed to go 2-0 this week, and I'm still alive in Survivor.  Got the second worst score this week W-C, but still managed to win with a dreadful score in the 80's.  Guess that evens out the time I got the second highest score in Experts but still lost with a score in the 190's.  

My record so far:

W-C: 4-2
W-E: 2-4

Also got some good news that Zeke will be playing at least for another 2 weeks (have him in both W-C and Experts).  If Zeke plays the rest of the season, I'm in good shape in W-C and I'm still in the hunt in Experts.  

There is a team in Thunderdome that is currently not being managed.  I am soliciting reactions from teams in that league, and may need someone not currently in the league to take over.  Probably too late for a playoff showing this year, but doing so would make you the owner going forward.  Volunteers can PM me.

ETA: Jace has volunteered.  Just waiting to give owners a time to complain.

Went 2-2 this weak. Feeder teams are 6-1 and 5-2, Thunderdome is 3-4 and could possible recover from an awful start, Dynasty is 2-5 and irrelevant, and i survived. 

This week is a lot of fun, as I get to play @Manhole Eunuchsbane twice and @Pony Queen Jace. The latter game decides who's the top dog in W-C.

23 hours ago, Bronn Stone said:

There is a team in Thunderdome that is currently not being managed.  I am soliciting reactions from teams in that league, and may need someone not currently in the league to take over.  Probably too late for a playoff showing this year, but doing so would make you the owner going forward.  Volunteers can PM me.

ETA: Jace has volunteered.  Just waiting to give owners a time to complain.

I'm cool with Jace.

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

Went 2-2 this weak. Feeder teams are 6-1 and 5-2, Thunderdome is 3-4 and could possible recover from an awful start, Dynasty is 2-5 and irrelevant, and i survived. 

This week is a lot of fun, as I get to play @Manhole Eunuchsbane twice and @Pony Queen Jace. The latter game decides who's the top dog in W-C.

I'm pretty much getting crushed in everything but Dynasty. I am still alive in Survivor though. :(

Went 1-3 (and survived) this week on some poor performances and some trades that appear to have worked out much better for my trading partner than me for this week at least. WB and my Keeper teams both went and came apart at the seams. WA is doing just fine, which defies my earlier expectations because somehow the strategy of a composite of one RB1 and some RB3s isn't as bad as it could be (even getting second highest score this last week).

Archived