Fantasy Football 2017

Whiskeyjack

On 12/24/2017 at 9:36 PM, Week said:

94% chance of winning my money league. Lost AB (after a trade) while starting Blake Bortles and Eric Ebron. I think I've won 2 out of 3 years that I've been in the league.

The immortal duo of Blake Bortles and Eric Ebron (Bortles off waivers wk 15 and Ebron this week) along with contributions from Alvin Kamara and Duke Johnson dragged my money league team to victory. Season long stalwarts -- AJ Green, Dez, Bryant, and Christian McCaffrey all had average or bad games while AB was out as well.

On the other side, Golden Tate, Brandin Cooks, and Robert Woods had quiet games -- which made the win a blowout. 135 - 92. 

Two wins in the three years since I joined this league. :hat:

(I needed something to brag about after some really putrid Westeros performances this year :p)

On 12/24/2017 at 11:14 PM, Whiskeyjack said:

Lost in Experts.

Should win in Westeros A.  Have a 9.42 point lead, Leveon, + Alshon vs. Jake Elliott.

Would like to say I have a chance at a 2nd championship in W-B.  But its pretty doubtful.  I've got a 1.04 point lead + Alshon vs. Juju + Ertz.  Probably need a miracle to win that, and think the 30% odds Yahoo is giving me are pretty generous.

Was a good game, WJ. My team benefited from some garbage time to push me through (looking at you CJ Anderson and JuJu). I was pretty certain at the outset I'd lose when both QBs seemed dedicated to ubderperforming especially with the strength of your RB corps.

1 hour ago, Lord Dracarys said:

Was a good game, WJ. My team benefited from some garbage time to push me through (looking at you CJ Anderson and JuJu). I was pretty certain at the outset I'd lose when both QBs seemed dedicated to ubderperforming especially with the strength of your RB corps.

Yeah man, I thought I was doing well for a while.  There was a point near the end of the early games when Yahoo had me projected to win by 25+, and it seemed like a pretty solid read on the situation. 

Also, even after you came back, thought I had a chance last night when Juju was putting up a 0 heading into the 4th quarter.  Then he got like 70 yards + a TD all in one drive.  Kind of glad he did though.  If we had been tied heading into Monday night and then Alshon put up a zero, would have been really tough to watch.

Anyway, congrats!

2 hours ago, Mudguard said:

Congrats to all the League Champions.

I played in Experts, C and Survivor, and the three winners all had Todd Gurley.  I'm guessing that a few other Westeros leagues also rode Gurley to a championship.

Damn skippy I did. ;)

3 hours ago, Mudguard said:

Congrats to all the League Champions.

I played in Experts, C and Survivor, and the three winners all had Todd Gurley.  I'm guessing that a few other Westeros leagues also rode Gurley to a championship.

You bet your sweet, sweet, ass I rode that man all the way. Got him for like $20 in C. :P

41 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

I would be letting him off the hook if I didn't point out to @Tywin et al. that I had an F draft grade and was projected to finish last in the league at the start of the season. According to Yahoo I also outscored my projections 10 times this season.

Just sayin' ;)

Hey I made it to the finals, that's all I can ask for. Stupid Todd Gurley and stupid Antonio Brown! 

1 hour ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

I would be letting him off the hook if I didn't point out to @Tywin et al. that I had an F draft grade and was projected to finish last in the league at the start of the season. According to Yahoo I also outscored my projections 10 times this season.

Just sayin' ;)

I remember you having a big hole at QB after the draft, but you made an early trade where you gave up Jordan Howard and Kenny Stills for Adrian Peterson, Alvin Kamara, and Alex Smith.  At the time, I thought you overpaid, but it turned out great for you.  Kamara and Smith both outperformed their projections by a lot (and so did Gurley).  

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

:tantrum:*Shakes fists at an evil ponyshark* :tantrum:

*It shakes its fist back* ! ! !

1 hour ago, Mudguard said:

I remember you having a big hole at QB after the draft, but you made an early trade where you gave up Jordan Howard and Kenny Stills for Adrian Peterson, Alvin Kamara, and Alex Smith.  At the time, I thought you overpaid, but it turned out great for you.  Kamara and Smith both outperformed their projections by a lot (and so did Gurley).  

:)

I scooped up Kamara in every league I could this year. If I recall, I couldn't get him in C because I bankrupted myself on Brady (who was criminally cheap) and he actually went for like 5 bucks in that one.

23 hours ago, Whiskeyjack said:

League Champions

Experts - Mya Stone

Westeros A - Whiskeyjack

Westeros B - Dracarys

Westeros C - Jace

Well done, everyone. 

Keeper - Boiled Leather
Dynasty - Manhole Eunuchsbane
Thunderdome - Dunknegg
Survivor - Mudguard

My money league has a fun contest week 17.  The Fantasy All-Star game.

It is basically daily fantasy with no salary cap.  Pick a team.  QB RB RB WR WR FLx TE DT K.

I'm concerned that the Pats/Steelers may get up early and realize they can bench Brady/Ben, so I'm going

QB: Russell Wilson
RB: Leveon Bell
RB: Mark Ingram
WR: Keenan Allen
WR: JuJu Smith-Schuster
FLx: Dion Lewis
TE: Gronk
DT: Pittsburgh
K: Robbie Gould

Talk me out of any of them and I'll be grateful.  No Zeke is an obvious consideration, but not sure what to expect from Dallas at this point.

1 hour ago, Bronn Stone said:

My money league has a fun contest week 17.  The Fantasy All-Star game.

It is basically daily fantasy with no salary cap.  Pick a team.  QB RB RB WR WR FLx TE DT K.

I'm concerned that the Pats/Steelers may get up early and realize they can bench Brady/Ben, so I'm going

QB: Russell Wilson
RB: Leveon Bell
RB: Mark Ingram
WR: Keenan Allen
WR: JuJu Smith-Schuster
FLx: Dion Lewis
TE: Gronk
DT: Pittsburgh
K: Robbie Gould

Talk me out of any of them and I'll be grateful.  No Zeke is an obvious consideration, but not sure what to expect from Dallas at this point.

Maybe DeAndre Hopkins for JuJu (more targets) and Shady for Ingram (more carries).

ETA: Hopkins is also by far Houston's biggest weapon, and same thing with Shady.  JuJu and Ingram have a lot of competition, although Ingram has been very productive even with the emergence of Kamara.

Would anyone be interested in doing a playoff FF league? You select one player from every team filling out a 2 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, TE, D, K roster and once that team gets knocked out, so does your player (obviously). It’s a lot of fun and it only takes a few minutes to fill out your team, afterwards it requires nothing from you. If people want to do it, I’ll recruit in the NFL thread too since non-FF players might be willing to give this a go.

18 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Would anyone be interested in doing a playoff FF league? You select one player from every team filling out a 2 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, TE, D, K roster and once that team gets knocked out, so does your player (obviously). It’s a lot of fun and it only takes a few minutes to fill out your team, afterwards it requires nothing from you. If people want to do it, I’ll recruit in the NFL thread too since non-FF players might be willing to give this a go.

If it is a draft then yes.  If it is just a pick 'em, then less enthusiastically, but yes.

5 minutes ago, Bronn Stone said:

If it is a draft then yes.  If it is just a pick 'em, then less enthusiastically, but yes.

I've always done straight pick'em, since this is just something my main league does after each season and we just do it on paper for bragging rights or with a $20 buy in. But I'd totally be down for a draft if people prefer that. Is there a way to customize a Yahoo draft to only have playoff players available (I've never been a commissioner before so I've never had to set up a league)?

Archived