Fantasy Football 2017

Whiskeyjack

Well, it looks like Zeke is getting suspended for the next 6 games. 

Went 2-0 again in W-C (6-2, 2nd place) and Experts (4-4, 6th place), and I survived.  Have a 6 game win streak in W-C and a 3 game win streak in Experts that are probably coming to an end due to loss of Zeke.  My team in W-C is in better shape, due to a better record and more depth at RB. 

Experts is going to be tough.  Currently in 6th place, but the standings are very tight now.  The top 5 teams in the standings all have a 5-3 record now, sixth and seventh place are tied at 4-4, eight place at 3-5, and ninth and tenth place at 2-6.  Need to come up with at least 2 wins, maybe 3 wins to secure a playoff spot.  

Another solid week for me. I went 3-1, but sadly, @Pony Queen Jace snuck up on me in W-C. Not having Fournette in basically every league I play in really hurt. Thankfully, I had the two headed monster of Watson and Wilson to do my bidding in a few leagues (and one where I started both). And I survived, but Jameis seems determined to see me die. I can't believe I'm saying this, but it might be McCown time.... 

4 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Another solid week for me. I went 3-1, but sadly, @Pony Queen Jace snuck up on me in W-C. Not having Fournette in basically every league I play in really hurt. Thankfully, I had the two headed monster of Watson and Wilson to do my bidding in a few leagues (and one where I started both). And I survived, but Jameis seems determined to see me die. I can't believe I'm saying this, but it might be McCown time.... 

M'fucka I will sneak up on your ass like bad genes. You think I'm beat? I just haven't started winning yet! Learn that, boy! Keep you from gettin' hurt.

6 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I play in 7 FF leagues. 5 here and 2 money leagues. I have Watson in 5 leagues............

Ouch!  I wasn't quite as heavily invested in one guy as you were with Watson but I did have Rodgers in two of the three Westeros leagues I'm in.  And I also just lost Watson in Experts (where I also lost Rodgers):tantrum:

7 minutes ago, Prince of the North said:

Ouch!  I wasn't quite as heavily invested in one guy as you were with Watson but I did have Rodgers in two of the three Westeros leagues I'm in.  And I also just lost Watson in Experts (where I also lost Rodgers):tantrum:

Ever since RG3's rookie year I've been a fan of drafting a young, mobile QB later on in the draft. It's hit or miss if they're good NFL QBs, but they're almost always good fantasy QBs. Having RG3 his rookie year allowed me to trade Rodgers for a monster haul, and this year I was shopping Wilson and Brees around once I realized what I had in Watson. Glad those efforts failed completely.

And yeah, it sucks to lose those two in the most important league. Who are trotting out now? 

13 minutes ago, Prince of the North said:

Same here with Rodgers and Watson in Westeros C. 

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Ever since RG3's rookie year I've been a fan of drafting a young, mobile QB later on in the draft. It's hit or miss if they're good NFL QBs, but they're almost always good fantasy QBs. Having RG3 his rookie year allowed me to trade Rodgers for a monster haul, and this year I was shopping Wilson and Brees around once I realized what I had in Watson. Glad those efforts failed completely.

And yeah, it sucks to lose those two in the most important league. Who are trotting out now? 

I only have their backups, Hundley and Savage, to trot out now.  I also have Siemian but he shit the bed (but can Osweiler or Lynch do any better?)  And I have handsome Jimmy Garp but he won't be anything until week 12, at least, and likely not much even then.

Can't even be said to be a motley crew of QBs anymore.

2 hours ago, PyroclasticFlow said:

Same here with Rodgers and Watson in Westeros C. 

Commiseration:(

Went 2-2 for the third straight week.  Was happy to get through all of my week 9 byes treading water.

Westeros B:  7-2  (2nd place, 2nd in points)
Experts:  6-3  (1st place, 1st in points)
Westeros A:  5-4  (3rd place, 2nd in points)
Westeros C:  4-5  (7th place, 8th in points)

Also - noticed that I'm strangely top 3 in points against in all 4 leagues.  I've had the most points scored against me in W-A (while the 2 teams ahead of me have 250-300 fewer points against so far this season), 2nd most points against in Westeros C, and 3rd most points against in Westeros B and Experts.  A lot of random bad luck this year. 

Might check the power rankings for each league, out of curiosity.

5 minutes ago, Whiskeyjack said:

Went 2-2 for the third straight week.  Was happy to get through all of my week 9 byes treading water.

Westeros B:  7-2  (2nd place, 2nd in points)
Experts:  6-3  (1st place, 1st in points)
Westeros A:  5-4  (3rd place, 2nd in points)
Westeros C:  4-5  (7th place, 8th in points)

Also - noticed that I'm strangely top 3 in points against in all 4 leagues.  I've had the most points scored against me in W-A (while the 2 teams ahead of me have 250-300 fewer points against so far this season), 2nd most points against in Westeros C, and 3rd most points against in Westeros B and Experts.  A lot of random bad luck this year. 

Might check the power rankings for each league, out of curiosity.

Bruh, you're the patriots. Everyone circles the calendar for you.

Heading into last night, was down 25 points with only Matt Stafford to go.

Stafford scored 26, moving my team to 6-3 despite leading the league in points against by fifty points.

Everything's coming up Milhouse!

OK, Zeke is finally suspended for real this time.

Went 0-2 last week, and need to pick up a few wins in both leagues to make the playoffs.  Need to somehow survive to week 16 to get Zeke back.  I've got a bunch of RB3 type players in case the suspension happened, so hopefully one or two will pan out.

2-2 this week in fantasy. Somehow managed to get the highest scores this week in both B and A, mostly off the backs of Newton and either Funchness or Ingram. Despite QB doldrums my team in B scored the most combined QB points of the league thus far according to yahoo. This week though is likely to be a mess because of bye week things.

2 hours ago, Lord Dracarys said:

2-2 this week in fantasy. Somehow managed to get the highest scores this week in both B and A, mostly off the backs of Newton and either Funchness or Ingram. Despite QB doldrums my team in B scored the most combined QB points of the league thus far according to yahoo. This week though is likely to be a mess because of bye week things.

A was brutal.  I had a 37 point lead against you facing Newton and Funchess.  I understand how Wile E. Coyote felt when the steamroller turned him in to a two-dimensional version of himself.  Ow!

My money league is a somewhat silly (ppr, return points, def points for 3 and outs, 1 qb) - I traded Dak and Parker (also have Alex Smith) for Antonio Brown (Watson owner who just trades his backup - Cam) ... long, obnoxious way of saying ... 

46.92 points for AB tonight. Stupid. 

Archived