Kingslayer becoming Queenslayer..?

SerChristian

Oh yes, this is far-fetched. But maybe Cercei is, if things aren't going her way, have plans for burning down Kings Landing? In the same way Jaime saw the Mad King, maybe he will act in the same way, ignoring that he and Cercei are of the same kin. Protecting the people instead of his "true love"?.

Jaime will do what Theon did.  Revert back to his true nature.   Jaime is an immoral and unprincipled man who follows his feelings.  I do not believe for one minute that he has it in him to kill Cersei even if it will save the lives of thousands.  A major part of the reason he killed Aerys was as he said, he was a lion before he was Kingsguard.  He remains loyal to Tywin and to House Lannister.  Jaime would have killed Aerys to save his father even if the king had not ordered him to kill Tywin. 

Yes. I have no doubt that Jamie is the Valonqar.

Cersei is the penultimate Big Bad of ASOIAF, not Euron. 

She will become Aerys on steroids, and threaten all life in Westeros perhaps by believing the WW & AotD are a giant hoax, and she'll thwart any attempt to stop them. (Perhaps by taking Jon & perhaps also Dany, prisoner?)

Jamie, once again will save humanity - but on a much larger scale, by killing the love of his life, and this time saving humanity, not just the population of KL (which will likely be destroyed by then, if not by wildfire, by dragonfire.)

12 hours ago, Widowmaker 811 said:

Jaime will do what Theon did.  Revert back to his true nature.   Jaime is an immoral and unprincipled man who follows his feelings.  I do not believe for one minute that he has it in him to kill Cersei even if it will save the lives of thousands.  A major part of the reason he killed Aerys was as he said, he was a lion before he was Kingsguard.  He remains loyal to Tywin and to House Lannister.  Jaime would have killed Aerys to save his father even if the king had not ordered him to kill Tywin. 

I can't find in the books or the show, where Jamie said that. Can you help me? 

Also - "Immoral and unprincipled"? How? Beyond being in love with his sister (and in their world, an entire society married their siblings for centuries, so their morality isn't ours), he's the most moral and principled character in the story, which is why Brienne respects/loves him, and he her. 

If Jamie was loyal to House Lannister above all things, he never would have become a Kingsguard. He never would have killed Aerys the way he did, because he'd have already been leading the Lannister army. He would never have sworn to Cat to release her daughters. He never would have defied Cersei and sent Brienne to find and protect Sansa and given her a Valerian steel sword to do it with. And he never would have released Tyrion.

I've always thought it would be Jamie not Tyrion who will kill Cersei, because it will cost him the most to do so. I thought for a minute it might be Arya wearing Jamie's face, but I don't anymore. It has to be Jamie himself. 

Cersei wouldn't surrender and open the gates to Dany even if she is the last person left in King's Landing with all guards and smallfolk dead from starvation so I don't see this ending any other way if Dany is unwilling to sack KL (frankly Tyrion's plan most of all shows a startling lack of understanding of Cersei's psyche.)

17 hours ago, Lockjaw of House Boltagon said:

The problem is that Cersei already pulled an Aerys by blowing up the Sept and even sorta kinda killed Jaime's son, and he did nothing. It'd be pretty bad writing if he suddenly grows a spine, but bad writing is the name of the game, so who knows.

He loves her. 

And it will take her becoming far worse than Aerys for him to kill her. 

It would be bad writing if the line in the sand for Cersei was the same as Aerys for Jamie.

17 hours ago, Lockjaw of House Boltagon said:

The problem is that Cersei already pulled an Aerys by blowing up the Sept and even sorta kinda killed Jaime's son, and he did nothing. It'd be pretty bad writing if he suddenly grows a spine, but bad writing is the name of the game, so who knows.

I hated how he handeled cersei with that. As for the sept It can be argued that she did that to kill her enemies and since they were all in one place she just used the tools at hand. I agree it's a flimsy argument but it is different from aery's who was gonna do it just so noone else can have it. And I really hated how jaime just let her "he betrayed me" when talking about tommen just pass. He needs to man up and start calling her on her crap

19 hours ago, Denam_Pavel said:

Cersei wouldn't surrender and open the gates to Dany even if she is the last person left in King's Landing with all guards and smallfolk dead from starvation so I don't see this ending any other way if Dany is unwilling to sack KL (frankly Tyrion's plan most of all shows a startling lack of understanding of Cersei's psyche.)

I think the only way to take KL would be for someone to go in and kill cersei before she can give the order to blow the city. Because even if dany sacked the city cersei could still blow the city while their were attacking it which would kill her some of her enemies as well.

I do agree that tyrion should know better when it comes to cersei. Yes she didn't reach full madness until after he left but given that she blew the sept he has to have figured it out. Heck olenna and dany should as well. Even the damn sand snakes should

10 minutes ago, snow is the man said:

I think the only way to take KL would be for someone to go in and kill cersei before she can give the order to blow the city. Because even if dany sacked the city cersei could still blow the city while their were attacking it which would kill her some of her enemies as well.

I do agree that tyrion should know better when it comes to cersei. Yes she didn't reach full madness until after he left but given that she blew the sept he has to have figured it out. Heck olenna and dany should as well. Even the damn sand snakes should

Olenna has. It's why she says Cersei stole the future from her and her family. Last season. Maybe you missed that scene?

1 hour ago, ShadowKitteh said:

Olenna has. It's why she says Cersei stole the future from her and her family. Last season. Maybe you missed that scene?

I know that. I am pointing out that noone pointed that out. the person I was quoting said tyrions plans showed a lack of understanding into cersei's mind. Yet noone seemed to think of the possibility that she will blow kingslanding. That was my point. You know how noone pointed it out yet anyone with half a brain should have. They all agreed with tyrions plan without mentioning it

There is an actual story under all of the dragon princess, Rhaegar's hidden son and similar distractions. This story is about a man who pushed a boy out a window for love, or his understanding of it. The story follows that man's journey to redemption and that boys journey to the dark side. It's a story about how monsters can be made from the most idealistic, who have the best intentions and heroes can be found in the most hopeless, whose lives seem already given over to villainy. Jamie killing Cersie will be symbolic of him finally breaking the shackles of his former life and Bran remembering who pushed him out the window will tip him over the edge - at least this is how I think it will resolve. Bran will bring the White Walkers south and Jamie will have to defend what remains of human kind.

7 minutes ago, ummester said:

There is an actual story under all of the dragon princess, Rhaegar's hidden son and similar distractions. This story is about a man who pushed a boy out a window for love, or his understanding of it. The story follows that man's journey to redemption and that boys journey to the dark side. It's a story about how monsters can be made from the most idealistic, who have the best intentions and heroes can be found in the most hopeless, whose lives seem already given over to villainy. Jamie killing Cersie will be symbolic of him finally breaking the shackles of his former life and Bran remembering who pushed him out the window will tip him over the edge - at least this is how I think it will resolve. Bran will bring the White Walkers south and Jamie will have to defend what remains of human kind.

Maybe Bran went crazy and became the night king and now wants revenge against Jamie for pushing him out of the window.

Jamie kills cersei stabbing her with his sword, just like Azor Ahai plunged his sword into Nissa Nissa, combing Cersei's soul with his sword producing a new Lightbringer, Jamie then rides of for the Night king as the new Azor Ahai.

Without being pushed out of that window, Bran would never have become the 3ER. 

If Bran never becomes the 3ER, he could never worg a dragon and end the WW. 

And if Jamie never pushed Bran out of the window, he'd never see redemption in killing Mad Queen Cersei, nor assist Bran in saving the world.

Archived