Aha! Arya's Purpose

Reisendame

Okay, so we know that at the end of Season 6, Arya proclaimed that she's not "No One," etc. Our (and her) feeling is that serving the Many-Faced God is not for her, as she cannot let go of her identity. If the Many-Faced has any sort of logical purpose of "justice," her recent acts of vengeance could still be in service of MFG-- even if she doesn't realize that.  

We know the gods "can't forgive" killing a guest beneath his roof. Walder Frey and his cronies committed that unforgivable sin, and we knew that karma was coming for them eventually. Perhaps the MFG is working through Arya (and her Kill List) to enact justice. This could explain *why* Jaqen looked pleased when Arya said she was going home. 

I could be wrong, but this seems to be a pretty simple explanation for what appears to be a confusing and pointless clusterf***. The MFG didn't want her to be No One. Thoughts? 

agreed...

a little off topic... is it a plot hole that she just left uncle edmure in the dungeons of the twins? when we last heard of him he was back there... so why wouldn't arya free him? i thought she'd this season, but then she didn't and noone seemed to care for poor edmure...

19 minutes ago, ladysnowheart said:

agreed...

a little off topic... is it a plot hole that she just left uncle edmure in the dungeons of the twins? when we last heard of him he was back there... so why wouldn't arya free him? i thought she'd this season, but then she didn't and noone seemed to care for poor edmure...

When we last see Edmure, he's at Riverrun; not the Twins.

3 hours ago, Reisendame said:

Okay, so we know that at the end of Season 6, Arya proclaimed that she's not "No One," etc. Our (and her) feeling is that serving the Many-Faced God is not for her, as she cannot let go of her identity. If the Many-Faced has any sort of logical purpose of "justice," her recent acts of vengeance could still be in service of MFG-- even if she doesn't realize that.  

We know the gods "can't forgive" killing a guest beneath his roof. Walder Frey and his cronies committed that unforgivable sin, and we knew that karma was coming for them eventually. Perhaps the MFG is working through Arya (and her Kill List) to enact justice. This could explain *why* Jaqen looked pleased when Arya said she was going home. 

I could be wrong, but this seems to be a pretty simple explanation for what appears to be a confusing and pointless clusterf***. The MFG didn't want her to be No One. Thoughts? 

Something I haven't figured out either: why J'aqen gave her that smile when she delivered the infamous "I am Arya Stark of Winterfell" line. Maybe it'll help to see who is/was on her kill list and if they should be dead according to the FM?

1) Joffrey - (dead)

2) Cersei

3) Walder Frey - (dead thanks to Arya)

4) Meryn Trant - (dead thanks to Arya)

5) Tywin - (dead)

6) Melisandre/Red Woman

7) Beric Dondarrion - (dead 6x over)

8) Thoros

9) Illyn Payne - (dead in real life, written out of show)

10) The Mountain - (dead but not?)

11) The Hound - (removed from her list)

Aside from the ones that are already dead, I can only see Cersei and the Mountain deserving of death. The Hound is going through his redemption arc this season. Beric and Thoros are still out there doing what Ned ordered them to do, she was just mad at them and Melisandre for taking Gendry. I don't know if the MFG would seek justice for that. The Mountain is a piece of shit who should die but he's like an undead zombie thing anyway. I really can't figure out why the House of Black & White would train her and let her go.

2 minutes ago, ladysnowheart said:

that's when we last see him, but walder frey tells jamie in s06ep10 that's he's back in the cell

Right, but he could've meant Riverrun's cell. Not at the Twins. That's what I mean, we haven't seen or heard anything that conveys he's back at the Twins since Jaime "saved the day" for the Frey's and gave them back control of Riverrun.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Bit late to this post, apologies, i actually think its the waif wearing aryas face, and killed the freys etc in answer to aryas repeated prayers - many faced god heard them, and its also why the wolf presumably nymeria didnt act like was arya

On 7/28/2017 at 6:24 PM, Reisendame said:

Did that wrong way around sorry

Archived