Why I think they may make dany go the mad queen route

snow is the man

One of the things I didn't see people talking about was what dany said just before she made tyrion hand of the queen was she sid she felt nothing when breaking up with darrio. She loved him siince before they took mereen and he had just rescued her and she felt nothing. She said that was what scared her and given her attitude and the way she acts in season 7 I am wondering if what she said about darrio was a starting point for her to start going mad. And for the record I like dany so this isn't someone who hates her trying to make something up. Anyone else think this

Im not 100% sure of this theory of Daenerys to go mad like her father. Im more inclined towards Cersei going mad.

Slowly throughout the seasons Daenerys has become less and less sympathetic and more about her getting the Iron Throne back and thats it.

So clues to why she is going ''mad''

• her speech at the end of season 6
  • Basically knows the Dothraki are going to rape and pillage and cause suffering to innocents. We can see a difference from season 2 - 7.
  • What do the Dothraki do after the wars to come if they survive and win?
  • Genetics - madness runs through the family
  • 163 slaves crucified
  • Threat to Varys and that she will burn him alive

There is a few more, but to conclude and answer your I believe if she is going mad its happened before this moment. She has slowly from season 2 become more occupied with the Iron Throne and claiming whats her by birth right. 

7 hours ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

Im not 100% sure of this theory of Daenerys to go mad like her father. Im more inclined towards Cersei going mad.

Slowly throughout the seasons Daenerys has become less and less sympathetic and more about her getting the Iron Throne back and thats it.

• Basically knows the Dothraki are going to rape and pillage and cause suffering to innocents. We can see a difference from season 2 - 7.
  • 163 slaves crucified

There is a few more, but to conclude and answer your I believe if she is going mad its happened before this moment. She has slowly from season 2 become more occupied with the Iron Throne and claiming whats her by birth right. 

I don't know if she thought about what would happen with the dothraki after the war. But you could argue she is so focused on getting the iron throne that she doesn't see the problem. Also she didn't crucify 163 slaves she crucified a 163 slavers

2 hours ago, snow is the man said:

I don't know if she thought about what would happen with the dothraki after the war. But you could argue she is so focused on getting the iron throne that she doesn't see the problem. Also she didn't crucify 163 slaves she crucified a 163 slavers

Yeah its like some parts are over looked really and are quite important, just like Eurons wareabouts and his 1000 ships. Certainly she is tunnel visioned, only seeing the iron throne as her goal now.

Sorry i do apologise was a typo was meant to say slavers not slaves

4 hours ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

Yeah its like some parts are over looked really and are quite important, just like Eurons wareabouts and his 1000 ships. Certainly she is tunnel visioned, only seeing the iron throne as her goal now.

Sorry i do apologise was a typo was meant to say slavers not slaves

no problem about the typo just clarifying.

I am actually one of the people that is willing to look past euron's "thousand ships" it was obviously a lie. He likely doesn't have half that. But the difference is that the ironborne ships are likely made to fight with where as dany for the most part has boats made for transporting people and supplies and nothing else. Think of it like comparing a thousand big rigs to a fifty tanks which one is gonna survive that fight. That said dany could put an end to all of it by using her dragons. She could have burned most of the lannister fleet if she just flew her dragons to lannisport or casterly rock not sure where the lannisters have their big port and hit their ships while their waiting around. Euron did this (not with dragons) during the greyjoy rebellions.  As for dany being so focused on the iron throne well... I think that once something goes wrong with her plans and she loses someone she cares about (probably grey worm) her "let's take it with as little bloodshed as possible" will switch to let's just take the damn thing 

14 hours ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

• 163 slaves crucified

I think cersei has already gone mad. She doesn't even seem to care her last son died  where as two seasons ago she was willing to threaten her father which she just doesn't do. Now she says her son betrayed her. Also I don't think dany will be as bad as her father even if she goes insane.

4 hours ago, snow is the man said:

no problem about the typo just clarifying.

I am actually one of the people that is willing to look past euron's "thousand ships" it was obviously a lie. He likely doesn't have half that. But the difference is that the ironborne ships are likely made to fight with where as dany for the most part has boats made for transporting people and supplies and nothing else. Think of it like comparing a thousand big rigs to a fifty tanks which one is gonna survive that fight. That said dany could put an end to all of it by using her dragons. She could have burned most of the lannister fleet if she just flew her dragons to lannisport or casterly rock not sure where the lannisters have their big port and hit their ships while their waiting around. Euron did this (not with dragons) during the greyjoy rebellions.  As for dany being so focused on the iron throne well... I think that once something goes wrong with her plans and she loses someone she cares about (probably grey worm) her "let's take it with as little bloodshed as possible" will switch to let's just take the damn thing 

I definitely agree with Eurons ''1000 ships'', he no way has that and like you said probably less than half. It was a very stupid Idea to get into the sea with ships made for ferrying people around and not fighting. If we dont go in the sea then Euron becomes less of a problem. Again I agree about Daenerys just flying her dragons round and basically destroying their ships and whatever else they can without getting into any real battle or danger. Yeah I was thinking that too, which we will hopefully see in episode three as her plans have already started to take a turn and not gone as planned. Tyrion is definitely a wise and educated advisor but sometimes bloodshed is needed.

4 hours ago, snow is the man said:

I think cersei has already gone mad. She doesn't even seem to care her last son died  where as two seasons ago she was willing to threaten her father which she just doesn't do. Now she says her son betrayed her. Also I don't think dany will be as bad as her father even if she goes insane.

Sorry its so hard to put everything from my brain into words the way it needs to be. I totally agree that Cersei has gone mad, I meant it more from season 2 as a hindsight predicition of which has happened now or so we believe. There is no feeling left at all with Cersei she just wants the 7 kingdoms and to defeat anyone who stands up against her. Even if Dany does go down the Mad King route she wont be as bad as her father. Also we an argue the Mad King wasnt mad but was hearing voices, which leads us to all sorts of theories.

49 minutes ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

I definitely agree with Eurons ''1000 ships'', he no way has that and like you said probably less than half. It was a very stupid Idea to get into the sea with ships made for ferrying people around and not fighting. If we dont go in the sea then Euron becomes less of a problem. Again I agree about Daenerys just flying her dragons round and basically destroying their ships and whatever else they can without getting into any real battle or danger. Yeah I was thinking that too, which we will hopefully see in episode three as her plans have already started to take a turn and not gone as planned. Tyrion is definitely a wise and educated advisor but sometimes bloodshed is needed.

Sorry its so hard to put everything from my brain into words the way it needs to be. I totally agree that Cersei has gone mad, I meant it more from season 2 as a hindsight predicition of which has happened now or so we believe. There is no feeling left at all with Cersei she just wants the 7 kingdoms and to defeat anyone who stands up against her. Even if Dany does go down the Mad King route she wont be as bad as her father. Also we an argue the Mad King wasnt mad but was hearing voices, which leads us to all sorts of theories.

in the books it explains it better but essentially by the end he had fingernails nine inches long and hair that was completly tangeled up. He was insane.

Also something that irratated me about the scene where tyrion explained his plan was how easy would it have been to explain that she couldn't use dragons against kings landings because the only way to hurt one of those dragons from the ground was by firing a ballista or something similar at the dragon. And since those are all over kingslanding since it's basic defensive equipment her dragons could be vulnerable. Instead they have a large battle and unleash the dragons on their enemy essentially destroying an army then they could lay siege to KL without worrying about an army attacking them.  Or you could even argue that by doing that and taking casterly rock you essentially not only destroy the lannister army but prevent them from bringing in more troops.

Also I don't think it was a stupid idea to use those ships to transport people but using them without having fighting ships protecting them is stupid. She needed to get a ton of people across the sea and she couldn't get a ton of fighting ships to use. Also while I consider the majority of ironborn to just be pirates and raider and they would get torn apart by any real army they are powerful on the sea and known to be great fighters at sea. So dany would have had to train people to defend against them since yara's crews obviously weren't enough. Or dany could have just used her dragons to clear the way

2 minutes ago, snow is the man said:

in the books it explains it better but essentially by the end he had fingernails nine inches long and hair that was completly tangeled up. He was insane.

Also something that irratated me about the scene where tyrion explained his plan was how easy would it have been to explain that she couldn't use dragons against kings landings because the only way to hurt one of those dragons from the ground was by firing a ballista or something similar at the dragon. And since those are all over kingslanding since it's basic defensive equipment her dragons could be vulnerable. Instead they have a large battle and unleash the dragons on their enemy essentially destroying an army then they could lay siege to KL without worrying about an army attacking them.  Or you could even argue that by doing that and taking casterly rock you essentially not only destroy the lannister army but prevent them from bringing in more troops

Ive had the books a couple of years and still havnt got round to reading them all. Thats something I will complete after season 7 has finished. 

I agree there is some plans and military approaches just seem to not make any sense and things are overlooked and not thought about too.

2 minutes ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

Ive had the books a couple of years and still havnt got round to reading them all. Thats something I will complete after season 7 has finished. 

I agree there is some plans and military approaches just seem to not make any sense and things are overlooked and not thought about too.

I bought the books about four months ago and since then have reread them a ridiculouse amount of times. Also read the stories about egg and duncan. They are not as dark as the books or have as much nudity but are still great.

20 minutes ago, snow is the man said:

I bought the books about four months ago and since then have reread them a ridiculouse amount of times. Also read the stories about egg and duncan. They are not as dark as the books or have as much nudity but are still great.

Going abit off topic ha, ive watched the series 7 times over, want to read some other stuff George RR Martin wrote too. 

I still have hope that book Dany will end up as the villain. I'd love to see that kind of twist. I think it's too late for that in the show, though. As far as promo material goes, she has a strong presence as a hero-type character. I don't think the show would dare. Especially for Americans, it seems as if being actively anti-slavery grants automatic hero status, and she's the Hollywood idea of a "strong female lead". Interestingly, Arya is very comparable: a bit too obsessed with revenge and "justice" (which always involves killing people) to the point of having villain potential; very prominent in promo material; Hollywood version of "strong female" (i.e. ruthless and stubborn). But we're supposed to cheer when they ruthlessly murder people, not question their morals. They're being strong!

Besides, think of all those people who named their kids "Khaleesi". I'd love it if it turned out they'd accidentally named their child after a psychopathic tyrant, but I wouldn't be surprised if even Martin changed his story to spare some of those unfortunate children.

32 minutes ago, Ser Petyr Parker said:

I still have hope that book Dany will end up as the villain. I'd love to see that kind of twist. I think it's too late for that in the show, though. As far as promo material goes, she has a strong presence as a hero-type character. I don't think the show would dare. Especially for Americans, it seems as if being actively anti-slavery grants automatic hero status, and she's the Hollywood idea of a "strong female lead". Interestingly, Arya is very comparable: a bit too obsessed with revenge and "justice" (which always involves killing people) to the point of having villain potential; very prominent in promo material; Hollywood version of "strong female" (i.e. ruthless and stubborn). But we're supposed to cheer when they ruthlessly murder people, not question their morals. They're being strong!

Besides, think of all those people who named their kids "Khaleesi". I'd love it if it turned out they'd accidentally named their child after a psychopathic tyrant, but I wouldn't be surprised if even Martin changed his story to spare some of those unfortunate children.

Up to now it isn t to late to make danny some sort of villain. I dont think she will go mad but will become cold and cruel. To me it is the route her character is taking... And everybody has to calm her down everytime so that she doesn t go in a rage murdering spree.

So danny could say fuck the others, fuck the smallfolk and everybody else and use her dragons and armies to kill everything between her and the iron throne in what she would consider justice...

6 hours ago, Ser Petyr Parker said:

I never understood why people would name their kids after a character until the show ended. Also they could do it to show how power corrupts

I think the books have Dany on that steady path to villany. She's taken a lot of dark decisions such as ordering the torture of the harpy sympathiser's daughter in front of him, it shows her getting bored of ruling & dealing with smallfolk. The prophecy of 3 treasons has her obsessed someone will betray her, betrayl is on her mind far too much. She'll be rocking up in Westeros with dothraki, a slave army & the brazen beasts all of which are going to look very foreign & tyrannical to westerosi. The story reinforces how the Targs were actually a bad thing for Westeros as well. 

If Martin did so that it would be a great literary trick, like Darth Vader actually done right. However the way the show has portrayed her has convinced me she'll be the hero. I think the money GRRM has got he would have had to tell them Dany's arc up front & they would not have her the poster girl if she was to be the villian.

1 hour ago, RobertOfTheHouseBaratheon said:

I think the books have Dany on that steady path to villany. She's taken a lot of dark decisions such as ordering the torture of the harpy sympathiser's daughter in front of him, it shows her getting bored of ruling & dealing with smallfolk. The prophecy of 3 treasons has her obsessed someone will betray her, betrayl is on her mind far too much. She'll be rocking up in Westeros with dothraki, a slave army & the brazen beasts all of which are going to look very foreign & tyrannical to westerosi. The story reinforces how the Targs were actually a bad thing for Westeros as well. 

If Martin did so that it would be a great literary trick, like Darth Vader actually done right. However the way the show has portrayed her has convinced me she'll be the hero. I think the money GRRM has got he would have had to tell them Dany's arc up front & they would not have her the poster girl if she was to be the villian.

I think the brazen beats are only in mereen. But their will be an army of freedman I think

Archived