Jon and Jorah

Samwell_Tarly

For a while now I've toyed with the idea of Jon giving the sword of House Mormont back to its rightful place which is with Jorah. 

So at the moment we can speculate, Jon still has the sword and Jorah is in the Citadel and currently has Sam hacking away at him trying to cure him of his grey scale. If he does succeed and cure Jorah which I believe will happen, they will make there way together back to Dragonstone or Winterfell where they definitely will come across Jon and he will find out who he is. Jon has a habit of doing the right thing regardless of consequences. If he did give Jorah it back it would leave Jon without a sword and the options open for him to potentially wield lightbringer.

interesting that he popped up there, I cant see how they will meet soon and jon needs the sword as it can kill WW. He may come back to persuade dany to listen to jon but they are going to meet in the next episode so would he get there anyway. Jon needs ice back, and half of it is still in kings landing? BUt he clearly must have a reason for meeting Sam and he is a man of the north so when he hears of the WW from Sam he may have a new purpose, how long does it take to heal from having most of your skin peeled away??

10 hours ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Possible but Longclaw is such a big part of Jon's personality and journey.

We saw a close shot of Dawn in the Tower of Joy scene last season. Maybe it will be Jon's future - endgame sword.

46 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

We saw a close shot of Dawn in the Tower of Joy scene last season. Maybe it will be Jon's future - endgame sword.

But Dawn is not a Valyrian steel sword, it's said to be "as pale as milkglass and as sharp as Valyrian steel", but it was forged from a meteorite (or "fallen star"). So may be it lacks the "magic" that make WW vulnerable to Valyrian steel, and in that sense is like any other sword.

7 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

As far as theories go and what ive seen in the show, it looks like Beric Dondarrion has Dawn. So the real only way is if Beric dies and Jon claims the sword. but as said below its not going to be any use unless its reforged.

6 hours ago, LucyMormont said:

But Dawn is not a Valyrian steel sword, it's said to be "as pale as milkglass and as sharp as Valyrian steel", but it was forged from a meteorite (or "fallen star"). So may be it lacks the "magic" that make WW vulnerable to Valyrian steel, and in that sense is like any other sword.

Correct and agreed. A pointless sword for Jon to use.

On ‎29‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 0:35 PM, Samwell_Tarly said:

For a while now I've toyed with the idea of Jon giving the sword of House Mormont back to its rightful place which is with Jorah. 

So at the moment we can speculate, Jon still has the sword and Jorah is in the Citadel and currently has Sam hacking away at him trying to cure him of his grey scale. If he does succeed and cure Jorah which I believe will happen, they will make there way together back to Dragonstone or Winterfell where they definitely will come across Jon and he will find out who he is. Jon has a habit of doing the right thing regardless of consequences. If he did give Jorah it back it would leave Jon without a sword and the options open for him to potentially wield lightbringer.

Or more likely jon will wield a sword rhaegar left for him. I mean, you can t think you or your son are the ptwp and don t look for the best weapon in the world... And don t forget that Rhaegar had the money, means and time before Robert's rebellion to get it. Then, if he is convinced jon is th ptwp he could have left the sword in the ToJ with lyanna who ends up telling Ned about it or Ned sees the sword and thinks it was meant for jon...

This could fit both books and show!

23 hours ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Possible but Longclaw is such a big part of Jon's personality and journey.

I think Longclaw is jon snow's sword. When he finds who his parents are he will get a new sword because he is jon snow no longer.

4 minutes ago, divica said:

I think Longclaw is jon snow's sword. When he finds who his parents are he will get a new sword because he is jon snow no longer.

And what sword? No, Longclaw is his. Blackfyre (even if it is in the show)is not really fitting for him, Dawn belongs to House Dayne and Heartsbane maybe Hound or Jorah. Lightbringer are dragons.

@Meera of Tarth We saw it for prophecy reasons Prince that was Promised/Azor Ahai. Blood all around Lyanna,  Dawn was made from the heart of this fallen star ...we're lacking smoke and salt aspects. Salt could be tears and and how water steams. I'm reaching here on these two aspects, but maybe show just needed blood and Dawn as symbols. Not because he'll use it.

8 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

And what sword? No, Longclaw is his. Blackfyre (even if it is in the show)is not really fitting for him, Dawn belongs to House Dayne and Heartsbane maybe Hound or Jorah. Lightbringer are dragons.

@Meera of Tarth We saw it for prophecy reasons Prince that was Promised/Azor Ahai. Blood all around Lyanna,  Dawn was made from the heart of this fallen star ...we're lacking smoke and salt aspects. Salt could be tears and and how water steams. I'm reaching here on these two aspects, but maybe show just needed blood and Dawn as symbols. Not because he'll use it.

IF he is the rightfull heir blackfyre is probably the best sword for him, if not we also have darksister. Both targ swords that make much sense than using a bastard sword from a northern lord... Longcaw makes more sense for jorah's arc when he rights his wrongs and gains enough honnor to wield his father sword.

Besides, as I said above Rhaegar had time, Money and means to get a sword (old or maybe even new) worthy of th ptwp (which he tought was him and later his son). I mean you don t think Rhaegar would be tptwp with a common sword... When he thought his son was the ptwp he could have left the sword in th ToJ and Ned hid it somewhere...

12 minutes ago, divica said:

Or more likely jon will wield a sword rhaegar left for him. I mean, you can t think you or your son are the ptwp and don t look for the best weapon in the world... And don t forget that Rhaegar had the money, means and time before Robert's rebellion to get it. Then, if he is convinced jon is th ptwp he could have left the sword in the ToJ with lyanna who ends up telling Ned about it or Ned sees the sword and thinks it was meant for jon...

This could fit both books and show!

Jon will definitely not wield a sword left by rhaegar this makes no sense and doesnt really fit. 

8 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Heartsbane will probably go to Jorah if anyone. I agree if anything they are symbols to the prophecy and thats it. 

4 minutes ago, divica said:

IF he is the rightfull heir blackfyre is probably the best sword for him, if not we also have darksister. Both targ swords that make much sense than using a bastard sword from a northern lord... Longcaw makes more sense for jorah's arc when he rights his wrongs and gains enough honnor to wield his father sword.

Besides, as I said above Rhaegar had time, Money and means to get a sword (old or maybe even new) worthy of th ptwp (which he tought was him and later his son). I mean you don t think Rhaegar would be tptwp with a common sword... When he thought his son was the ptwp he could have left the sword in th ToJ and Ned hid it somewhere...

The problem we have here is if your a show watcher like this forum is aimed around, blackfyre and darksister bare no meaning to the show watchers what so ever, so bringing in something unknown doesnt make sense. Jon is like 95% stark, hes believed his father is ned and hes grow up all his life as a stark, i personally dont think its going to change him at all when he finds out his father is rhaegar targaryen. Hes not going all Tarygaryen on us. Its just very unlikely he will of done this.

19 minutes ago, divica said:

Blackfyre belongs or should be in possession of a Blackfyre, a Targ bastard and

Spoiler

Jon is legit. Aegon might have in the books and Jon's name on the show is Aegon, but I don't think useing Blackfyre which is not even on the show would be the best idea, or would fit symbolically.

Dark Sister is a sword made for a woman, not a man. No word on presence of Dark Sister and I doubt we'll see it. In the books last person in the possession of this sword were Bloodraven, and on the show did have it, neither did Meera. Longclaw is a huge part of Jon's character and Jorah doesn't really deserve it.

Longclaw is not a common sword, it's a Valyrian steel sword and very rare. He'd be happy that he has this sword and doubt we'll find a sword Rhaegar left for Jon. Like Ned hiding it in the crypts. he has Longclaw and will likely ride a dragon and have a Lighbringer.

18 minutes ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

Heartsbane will probably go to Jorah if anyone. I agree if anything they are symbols to the prophecy and thats it. 

Unless Sam becomes and efficient swordsman in the meantime, yes it could very well be Jorah. Brienne has Oathkeeper, Jaime Widow's Wail, Arya Catspaw's dagger, Jon has Longclaw and Sam carries Heartsbane. Dark Sister would have been very useful for Arya, but they'll go with this dagger. Who knows if others swords will be made or simply using dragonglass, and we'll have VS swords that will be used.

16 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Unless Sam becomes and efficient swordsman in the meantime, yes it could very well be Jorah. Brienne has Oathkeeper, Jaime Widow's Wail, Arya Catspaw's dagger, Jon has Longclaw and Sam carries Heartsbane. Dark Sister would have been very useful for Arya, but they'll go with this dagger. Who knows if others swords will be made or simply using dragonglass, and we'll have VS swords that will be used.

Sam becoming an efficient swordsman definitely wont happen so Id definitely say Jorah is the likely candidate. 

Arya does not have the Catspaw dagger.

8 minutes ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

Sam becoming an efficient swordsman definitely wont happen so Id definitely say Jorah is the likely candidate. 

Arya does not have the Catspaw dagger.

Jorah or Hound.

Arya has the Catspaw's dagger on the EW Stark photos and 

Spoiler

We know she'll use this dagger.

38 minutes ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

The problem we have here is if your a show watcher like this forum is aimed around, blackfyre and darksister bare no meaning to the show watchers what so ever, so bringing in something unknown doesnt make sense. Jon is like 95% stark, hes believed his father is ned and hes grow up all his life as a stark, i personally dont think its going to change him at all when he finds out his father is rhaegar targaryen. Hes not going all Tarygaryen on us. Its just very unlikely he will of done this.

Any valyrian sword would have meaning for a show watcher. Then if any character says it was the sword the first Aegon used the sword becomes instantly epic. The same would happen for a sword used by an historic character. That is a no argument. And jon is 95% stark because he was robbed by ned of knowing about the other side of his familly. It makes sense that he will want to know more about targs and his father... Besides taking a sword from his father's side of the familly isn t going all targ...

36 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Blackfyre belongs or should be in possession of a Blackfyre, a Targ bastard and

Hide contents

Jon is legit. Aegon might have in the books and Jon's name on the show is Aegon, but I don't think useing Blackfyre which is not even on the show would be the best idea, or would fit symbolically.

Dark Sister is a sword made for a woman, not a man. No word on presence of Dark Sister and I doubt we'll see it. In the books last person in the possession of this sword were Bloodraven, and on the show did have it, neither did Meera. Longclaw is a huge part of Jon's character and Jorah doesn't really deserve it.

The show doesn t care about the Blackfyre rebellion and in the books it could mean the targs and blackfyre's will be one familly again (there are so few of them left anyway). I don t think it matters all that much that dark sister was done for a woman as bloodraven was in possesion of it in the past... Besides, in the books bloodraven or bran migh be able to give the sword to jon somehow and the show doesn t care about those details.

56 minutes ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

Jon will definitely not wield a sword left by rhaegar this makes no sense and doesnt really fit. 

It makes sense. Rhaegar thought he was tptwp so he would need a worthy sword. Rhaegar thinks his son would be tptwp so he left him the sword. And it makes sense for jon to acept his targ side in some ways...

14 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Jorah or Hound.

Hide contents

If jorah doesn t accept his familly ancestral sword why would he accept the ancestral sword from other familly he has no connection to? Besides curing him of gryscale you guys also want sam to give him his familly's sword? THAT makes no sense... Besides sam will use it to protect his familly (gilly and the baby)... He doesn t need to be a great swordsman to deserve the sword, just be willing to fight the ww. And sam is!

23 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Jorah or Hound.

Reveal hidden contents

Why would he give the Sword to the hound??? 

I thought we we talking about past and present, her gaining catspaw is only a future speculation nothing has been confirmed and the photos are pretty much guarenteed to be fan made not legit photos. At this current moment in time she does not have catspaw.

22 hours ago, LucyMormont said:

Not sure that is entirely true, Lightbringer was a sword used against the WW's that was not valyrian steel. 

An interesting note, with Gendry soon back in the picture, and a blacksmith, and at Dragonstone, I wonder if he re-discovers how to make valyarian steel. My guess is it has some dragonglass mixed in the steel, and forged at a very high temperature. 

On 31/07/2017 at 1:33 AM, Error-504 said:

Not sure that is entirely true, Lightbringer was a sword used against the WW's that was not valyrian steel. 

Lightbringer has to be valyrian steel if its actually a sword, I personally think there is a plausible theory that lightbringer is actually the process of making valyrian steel. We start venturing into the world of Dragonsteel and is it the same as Valyrian steel.

On 31/07/2017 at 1:33 AM, Error-504 said:

An interesting note, with Gendry soon back in the picture, and a blacksmith, and at Dragonstone, I wonder if he re-discovers how to make valyarian steel. My guess is it has some dragonglass mixed in the steel, and forged at a very high temperature. 

It will be sam who finds out how to make it.

Archived