Book spoiler discussion of the show goes here, for those who want to discuss the episode in relation to the books, and with reference to spoilers from them.

This topic should open automatically around the start of airing.

So, based on the preview, I'm guessing that Jon talks Dany into going north to wipe out the white walkers so that he'll throw his support behind her in the war against Cersei.  Now that she has no allies left, he has the leverage to make demands.  

Finally, this episode did not dither around with nonsense between minor characters, and got right to the important scenes we need.

I loved how Drogon buzzed Jon as soon as he said he was no Stark. The fierceness of Dany made me cringe but Jon stood up to her without pushing her. Interesting balance.

As bad as Cersei is, I can't see the wrong in the way she avenges Myrcella's death. Cersei's love for her children is her humanizing quality.

No, sadly Tyrion will not be vindicated for Joffery's murder. Tyrion is guilty of being born, unforgivable in Cercei's eyes.

I suppose Ghost was left in the North to avoid difficulties. Maybe or maybe not.

There was a lot of good stuff in this episode and I'm looking forward to more.