5 minutes ago, Super Mario said:

I have given up wondering what Martin might do at a given point in the story. He's taken far too long to release a book so if the show then becomes what folks identify as canon then so be it, it's his own damn fault. Having unburdened myself of the "what would martin do" nonsense, it frees me up to try and enjoy the show as it's own entity. Lord knows D&D have given us plenty to gripe about but I feel like "Queen's Justice" was actually one of their better efforts.

There were a handful of situations that could easily have been over done and moronic but actually worked rather well. Dany's blandness aside, the give and take between Jon and Dany was entertaining and even somewhat surprising considering Jon ended up scoring a victory even tho' Dany had home field advantage. The Jaime/Olenna scene was quite good, also with a nice 'gotcha' at the end. I'll ignore Euron's mess because of my own personal bias against all things Greyjoy. Even the Sand Snake punishment was relatively understated. Thankfully restraint was shown where it would have been all too easy to get needlessly gruesome and uncomfortable. Granted the mother/daughter attempted hug at the end was rather goofy but it's the Dorne arc so some corniness is almost expected. There were even some humorous lines thrown in here and there. On the flip side, I didn't like the Bran/Sansa stuff at all. Sansa was actually pretty good but since when does the 3 eyed raven have to be such an emotionless douche. Honestly how difficult is it to say, the 3 eyed raven mentored me, he died, now I'm the 3 eyed raven? Instead we get "it's difficult to explain".. no Bran, it isn't. Having said all that, I felt all in all, it was better than most episodes that contain a lot of dialog.

I mostly agree, although I did think some of the worst dialogue was in the Dany/Jon exchange, and I now deem Emilia is worse than Kit for sure.  Dinklage was good, the QOT scene was Riggs best, although HG was a HUGE disappointment, so was Casterly Rock for that matter, I guess all CGI for dragons and ships, nothing left over for an imaginative castle.

India acted the hell out of the scene even though she had no lines.  

Lena was good too.

I actually thought it was the best episode in quite some time, even accounting for the clunky dialogue.

Hated the Sansa stuff though, so stupid. And Bran now a robot, LOL

24 minutes ago, Super Mario said:

how difficult is it to say, the 3 eyed raven mentored me, he died, now I'm the 3 eyed raven? Instead we get "it's difficult to explain".. no Bran, it isn't. 

It may turn out in the end better for him to Show her what the Three-eyed Raven is by scaring her silly.

This maybe an important test to see if people can handle his new power especially his old family.

He could wind up being far more powerful than any king or queen and very unpopular with all.

Overall, the episode I thought was decent, but far from great.

I thought that Kit and Emilia had almost zero chemistry as actors together. Kit has more onscreen chemistry with Rose Leslie, Peter Dinklage and Liam Cunningham than with Emilia. I didnt enjoy the Jon/Dany scenes at all and at this point both characters are incredibly dull. Tyrion and Jon scenes were way better than Jon/Dany ones.

Lena was very good and I think it was Indira Varma's best acting performance as Ellaria in the whole time she has been on show despite (or maybe because of) the fact she had no real dialogue.

Dianna Rigg was amazing in Olennas farewell scene. Great character and actress.

Bran and Sansa scenes I thought were good. They exaggerated how distant the 3ER is from others, but aside from that was good.

Edited by Gaz0680

There are two things that are bothering me:

1- There is NO WAY the iron fleet can have 1,000 ships. Most of ships that are showed in the show are similar to Cogs and Caravels, which has a crew of 20 at the bare minimum, and more likely 30 or 40.  This mean that pike must have 20,000 troops. Remember, the Boltons, Umbers and Karstark together did not have 10,000.... 

2- It is interesting the idea that the unsullied are in CR without provisions. However, without the iron fleet deploying ground troops and holding a siege this is pointless. CR is close to Lannisport, which is a major town. Hungry unsullied would sack and plunder its resources until reinforcements arrive by land.

6 minutes ago, King Louis II (KLII) said:

There are two things that are bothering me:

1- There is NO WAY the iron fleet can have 1,000 ships. Most of ships that are showed in the show are similar to Cogs and Caravels, which has a crew of 20 at the bare minimum, and more likely 30 or 40.  This mean that pike must have 20,000 troops. Remember, the Boltons, Umbers and Karstark together did not have 10,000.... 

2- It is interesting the idea that the unsullied are in CR without provisions. However, without the iron fleet deploying ground troops and holding a siege this is pointless. CR is close to Lannisport, which is a major town. Hungry unsullied would sack and plunder its resources until reinforcements arrive by land.

1. Its impossible the iron fleet as 1000 ships and I'd be inclined to estimate it to be a third of that but we will never know for sure.
  2. I thought exactly the same thing, so Euron comes and i assume all boats that transported the unsullied are destroyed by Eurons fleet. If no troops are deployed to try kill the unsullied, then GW and his team will just wait it out, if need be go looking for food etc until help arrived.
Edited by Samwell_Tarly

The writers are just hand-waving away logistics so that they can stack the deck against Dany. She then has to ride her dragons out and burninate lots of people. Fans get huge revenge boners. The end. 

Pretty much par for the course. I watch for the few great moments, like Lady Tyrell. 

The show is making it seem Dany is going to have to use her dragons and she has to become allies with Jon (for what, exactly, I have no idea). It's going there like  i knew it would. I think it would play out better if they are enemies, I really want to see a clash between Dothraki and Wildings,  really seeing the stark children go all out. Arya can take literally take up any identity now, and bran can see everything.

Spoiler

He can even possibly warg a dragon

But man is Euron a great troll, cannot lie, it was entertaining seeing that. 

Edited by Crona

Wow, and I thought the Arya/Nymeria reunion was bad.  Bran was channeling Ramsay there.

"Nice to see you again, sister.  By the way, the weather was great that night you got raped and you looked really pretty on the way to your rape."  It comes off like he was aroused by what he saw.  That's one of the creepiest things ever said on the show.    I hope it was intentional on the part of the writers.  But I have a feeling it was not.  

I pointed out what I hated in the Rant thread. I think this episode's main point was Dany/Jon exchange, and it was wasted. It was poorly written and badly acted. You can handle one of these flaws but not both.

There were a few scenes where I saw glimps of ealier episodes when the show was good. Cersei's monologue about Myrcella, Jaime/Olenna exchange and the Rains of Castamere. Jaime being oblivious about Cersei was rather stupid, but I liked the dialogue well.

Sansa was pretty convincing as Lady of Winterfell in contrast to Jon whose management was about pointless meetings. Bran/Sansa reunion war ok, but 100% copied from Sansa/Jon reunion and they are totally different. Sansa knew that Jon is alive all along, but she had no idea where Bran was. I expected at least some surprise and questions.

8 minutes ago, Lothar said:

Wow, and I thought the Arya/Nymeria reunion was bad.  Bran was channeling Ramsay there.

"Nice to see you again, sister.  By the way, the weather was great that night you got raped and you looked really pretty on the way to your rape."  It comes off like he was aroused by what he saw.  That's one of the creepiest things ever said on the show.    I hope it was intentional on the part of the writers.  But I have a feeling it was not.  

LOL yeah I'm having a hard time deciding who cranked it harder to Sansa this week; Littlefinger when she was Giving Orders or Dr. Branhattan describing her pre-rape.

I think it was semi-intentional.  They want Bran to be weird and aloof and out there and detached but the best/only way they know how to do that is to have him go GRIMDARK and all fucked up like that.  Also that was probably their second favorite scene to shoot in the entirety of the show's run behind only the Red Wedding itself so they like referencing it.

I'm fairly mixed on this episode.

yay Jonah is all better, but I wish there had been some discussion like " Sam: I'm from nightswatch, there's an army of the dead. Jorah: I'm friends with Dany who was an army and dragons, since you saved my life I'll put in a good word with her". Use your network Sam. 

I was all happy bran was back but way to be creepy and cold. I mean yeah he's been through a lot but who hasn't, he could have at least smiled. 

Jony and Danys meeting was a bit of a let down. Us knowing jons parentage and them not is frustrating, esp with Dany's high and mighty attitude. I really miss Ghost but would love to see Jon hop on Rheagal's back. Honestly tho to get people believe them why not just bring  a wigt with them, like someone dies in the north just don't burn them they rise up you chain up the cold zombie and show the southerners, seems obvious to me. 

Also do we think Tyrion knows about his sister going all mad king with the wildfire? I thought I saw a weird look on his face when Jon/Davos said something. 

Sad Olenna is dead, but like her last lines. I really just want Cersei to die and hate hate what Jamie has become. No redemption, basically the opposite, barely a main character just goes alobg with anything Cersei says or wants. So sad, I liked where book Jaimie was going. 

I thought the scenes at Dragonstone were clearly the highlight of the episode. Dany stood her ground. Jon stood his ground.  And Tyrion stood in the middle trying to get both sides to budge. I now I am in the minority around here but I thought Emilia was great last night. Oh well everyone has their opinions.

I also enjoyed the Cersei torture scene I must say mostly because all three actresses (Indira, Lena and Rosabel) knocked it out of the park. They were fantastic.

Yeah Bran. Maybe you should pick another part of Sansa's life that you witnessed to try to show her your powers and not the night she was raped. Just a suggestion.

Edited by El Guapo

1 hour ago, Frances Bean Corbray said:

I think it was semi-intentional.  They want Bran to be weird and aloof and out there and detached but the best/only way they know how to do that is to have him go GRIMDARK and all fucked up like that.

I think we needed to see Bloodraven as the character from the books—the creepiest man in Westeros even before he switched off his emotions to do his dishonorable but necessary duty, rather than just some old Targaryen and Watch Commander. Without that, it isn't clear why being trained by Bloodraven would turn Bran into an inhuman freak who doesn't understand why talking emotionlessly about your sister's rape might be a bit tactless.

Also, it would have worked a lot better if everyone weren't so aged up, so Bloodraven was training a pubescent boy rather than a 16-year-old. (Plus, creepy teens never work as well as creepy kids on the screen.)

Sansa: "You're technically king now, m8."

Bran: "Nah, can't be king - I'm the three-eyed raven."

Sansa: "How do you know all of this weird stuff?"

Bran: "Three-eyed raven showed me."

Sansa: "I thought you were the three-eyed raven..."

Bran: "This old dude was the first three-eyed raven, groomed me to become his successor, died, now I'm the three-eyed raven. It's hard to explain."

Also the Iron Bank of Braavos - a city built by (ex) slaves - is into slavery? Wut-wut.

On 7/30/2017 at 6:44 PM, plectrum said:

I'm not sure this interaction between Jon and Dany is living up to the hype.  We've been waiting years for this and it's kind of flat.

I'm oddly happy with the dialogue between them.  I didn't even find Emilia's acting to be robotic here.  She came off as a fledgling ruler coming into her sense of authority to me.  The actor that plays Bran has physically grown up in a way that really suits what the character has become.  Long, eerie face.  Sandra did well both exuding authority and showing the emotions I would expect when she first saw Bran and when he reminded her of her ordeal.  By the way, she didn't abandon him, he said he wanted to stay back.

Also, they seem to have dialed Tyrion back to what he was at his best....confidently giving advice and making back-channel deals instead of being Superhero Dwarf Man.

20 minutes ago, Hol Horse said:

Bran: "This old dude was the first three-eyed raven, groomed me to become his successor, died, now I'm the three-eyed raven. It's hard to explain."

Even simpler: 

Sansa: I thought you were the three-eyed raven...

Bran: The previous one.

I mean, you really shouldn't need to explain the concept of succession even to Hodor, much less to the educated daughter of a lord (and the current Stark in Winterfell).

Hi, i'm new here but the Inconsistencies makes me discuss this episode. 

1. How could the Lannister army took highgarden? The reach has the first or second greater army of westeros. And in a simple battle the lions take over the castle. It looks harder to get riverun of the black fish. 

2. How could euron's navy get to casterly rock so quick? They battle against Yara, returns to King's Landing, mock on Jaime, and then go to casterly rock right after the unsullied.

I was afraid that hbo would spoil me the plot of the next books but these seems like improvisation. 

Edited by Nelson Puglisi