As usual, here are my thoughts on this week's episode, in animated format.

Asides from that, I've seen varied opinions, but I firmly believe this weeks episode was a very strong episode. It has gambits, I love how the battles are fast forwarded in favor of the story, ie the gambits and schemes. They addressed some plot holes, such as the iron bank, and There was lots of symbolism (Cersei - Mad King; Sand Snakes, Olenna, etc getting their comeuppance; jaime's arc, etc).

However, as an immature, yet sexually developed male, I can't help but feel sorry that my dream episode of Dany + Melissandre passionate love making seems to have gotten even more unlikely.

On 31-7-2017 at 8:58 AM, Stark_in_Winterfell said:

As bad as Cersei is, I can't see the wrong in the way she avenges Myrcella's death. Cersei's love for her children is her humanizing quality.

She could, I dunno, conduct a trail? Sentence them to death? Convict Tyene for her own crimes rather use her as a human prop to torture someone else?

12 hours ago, Gaz0680 said:

That wasnt Arya. She is not in Kings Landing.

And numerous servants and handmaidens have had minor speaking parts throughout shows history. 

The same maid has actually appeared as Cersei's maid since season 2, I believe. She has a few scenes with Shae, and Sansa, and is seen running off to tattle to Cersei a couple of times.

Last week made it fairly obvious Arya was going to the North rather than KL, so I'm surprised anyone thinks that was her. And looking at the promo for next week

That clearly wasn't Arya, since Arya is seen looking at Winterfell from horseback

1 hour ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Last week made it fairly obvious Arya was going to the North rather than KL, so I'm surprised anyone thinks that was her. And looking at the promo for next week

Hide contents

That clearly wasn't Arya, since Arya is seen looking at Winterfell from horseback

That sounds good to me. I think Arya needs to have a talk with Sansa. Oh! And Bran.

While the first episode was extremely dull and the second was interesting only because of it's ending, this last episode had everything right.

I felt my heart racing from the beginning until the end. I've never hated Cersei as much as now, and this is thanks to that strong scene in the dungeon with Ellaria and the remaining sand snakes. I am intrigued of what shaved Jack Sparrow will do to his niece.

The only thing I missed was a kind of expression on Jon's face when he sees Dany for the very first time. He is in front of the most beautiful girl and mother of dragons after all

2 hours ago, Thor Odinson said:

Most beautiful girl? Pfft. Daenerys ain't all that.

Now, Margaery Tyrell...

There is no rational measure by which Dany isn't gorgeous. Picking on her acting is fair game, but her appearance is beyond reproach.

Haven't see Dormer recently, but in GoT she was an absolute stunner.

1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

I am not even sure Dany was the most beautiful woman in that throne room.  I would find it hard taking my eyes off the woman announcing all of Dany's titles.

Yes, Nathalie Emmanuel is gorgeous. Emilia Clarke is beautiful, but I think Nathalie is even more stunning.

Edited by Gaz0680

On 8/1/2017 at 8:58 PM, Gaz0680 said:

That wasnt Arya. She is not in Kings Landing.

And numerous servants and handmaidens have had minor speaking parts throughout shows history. 

How do you know? She decided not to kill Cersei and go back to Winterfell. Then she met Nymeria and realized she couldn't go back to her old life.

23 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Sure you can Aegon a usurper I guess though know one in Westeros would since he conquered the seven kingdoms three hundred years ago and started a dynasty that ruled for 280 years. And as far as House Targaryen is concerned they never lost the throne. Viserys was crowned on Dragonstone upon Aerys death and Dany inherited the crown from him upon his death. They have been a royal family living in exile. 

Stannis was never the rightful heir as Robert's children were never declared illegitimate. He did have a good claim on the throne though and like Dany would have it to take it back by force.

Aegon was never a vassal of any of the kings, he was not a usurper, he was a conqueror. Treason never prospers for if it prosper...

The rule in Plantagenate times was that the first claimant to make it to the Royal treasury at Winchester was king. Because they would have the funds and their competitors would not. That is why when Willy the Conc. had an accident on his horse in France, his entire party ran off to make it to Winchester first instead of helping him.

On 8/1/2017 at 2:30 AM, athmystikal said:

But it has been stated that Bravos blocks or captures slave ships. If they go to that much trouble to disrupt slave trade, I don't think they will allow the Iron Bank to operate on their soil and undermine that motto.

The government of Bravos does, the bank doesn't. The bank operates in Bravos because it is a free city and evidently they are free to do as they see fit. It seems the bank is independent of the government. It also may be an investment they don't make public, but Cercei is good about finding things out about people and entities to be more persuasive.

2 hours ago, hallam said:

How do you know? She decided not to kill Cersei and go back to Winterfell. Then she met Nymeria and realized she couldn't go back to her old life.

I know because of spoilers and also because its obvious. Arya couldnt have got to KL that fast and in the preview for next Mondays episode it shows Arya on a horse overlooking Winterfell.

Do you really think Arya decided to go to Winterfell after talking with Hot Pie, changed her mind after seeing Nymeria and decided to go to Kings Landing instead but then miraculously ends up near Winterfell??

Or is it more likely Your assumption Arya changed her mind about going to Winterfell after meeting with Nymeria is incorrect and she is actually still going to where her family is??

1 hour ago, hallam said:

Aegon was never a vassal of any of the kings, he was not a usurper, he was a conqueror. Treason never prospers for if it prosper...

The rule in Plantagenate times was that the first claimant to make it to the Royal treasury at Winchester was king. Because they would have the funds and their competitors would not. That is why when Willy the Conc. had an accident on his horse in France, his entire party ran off to make it to Winchester first instead of helping him.

Not being a vassal or subject means Aegon wasn't a traitor, but it doesn't mean he wasn't a usurper. Usurpation, in both French/Norman terms and in the modern meaning, is just wrongful seizure by force. But of course "wrongful" isn't some well-defined legal term.

Conquerors usually have some decent justification in advance (although Aegon, unlike William, really didn't), and usually justify themselves retroactively (William said he wasn't King because he won, but because he had the fealty of the earls and barons, the acclaim of the crowds of London, the approval of the Papal Legate, and a bunch of other stuff, and Aegon apparently made a similar proclamation, based on TPaTQ), but in practice, those justifications aren't what matters, except in meeting a minimum standard to get people to consider fighting for you.

Basically, if you win, you're a conqueror, except to the people with a pretender to support, who call you a usurper.

So Gospatric of Northumbria pledged fealty to The Conqueror in 1066, and announced rebellion against The Usurper in 1068. Not because he'd discovered some new facts about William's claim, just because he was feeling buyer's remorse about overpaying for his earldom and thought Edgar Aetheling would give him a better deal, and obviously if Edgar is the rightful king, William must be a wrongful usurper.

On 7/31/2017 at 4:00 AM, the tower of albion said:

Do you think Samwell will 'discover' something in those scrolls he has to rewrite? That the citadel Maester isn't the fool that we think he is and is nudging Sam in the right direction without action saying as much? (for one reason or another)

Yes, of course. What other purpose could it serve? Samwell found the only rational person south of the neck that believes in the existence of white walkers and just impressed the boots off him. He is fulfilling an earlier request through the guise of punishment. Samwell has demonstrated that he takes seriously the writings of the learned Maesters by claiming to have been successful simply by reading the books and following the instructions. Could he have said anything better? He is in a place where learning is the most important pursuit, respect for the learned is necessary and Sam did not deviate from that when he broke the rules and cured Mormont. Sam did not go rouge and try something new and different, Gods forbid. The Archmaester knows any knowledge Sam gleans from the old scrolls will be put to good use.