[Poll] How would rate episode 703?

Ran

How would you rate episode 703?  

255 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best?

On 8/1/2017 at 7:31 AM, lakin1013 said:

6.  Lots of reunions and different dyads of people in conversation.  I would never expect to write that Bran's homecoming was the least affecting, but it was.  It also seemed to me that Sansa has become the Stark greeter.  She found and hugged Jon.  She hugged Bran home and we know Arya is on the way.  I think Sansa should wear a sash saying Official Winterfell Greeter.  WHY ON EARTH is Littlefinger following Sansa around like he is some trusted councilor?  Dude leaves an oil stain everwhere he walks.  Where did Meera go?

Ep was ok.  Jon and Tyrion talking was fine.  Jamie and Olenna was fine.  

It will soon be a bloodstain instead of an oilstain.

On 31. 7. 2017 at 1:17 PM, snow is the man said:

I loved how olenna played that. She made sure she drank it all and then paused for a second then told him everything. I really wish she had told jaime how little finger was a part of it.

She played him well ... props to Diana Rigg for her work, it was superb acting.

Loved how they did the end of the sand snakes. They didn't make us watch torture yet it was so brutal.

Tbh a lot of people cheered for Cersei in that moment because they hate Sand Snakes and Ellaria almost as much as her.

This was my favorite episode this season too. And I really hope dany asks him about the knife in the heart thing.

I think she'll see it during a certain scene. If you know what I mean.

I understood why they made bran so weird with his demanor and stuff but I agree WTF did he mention sansa being raped and tortured by ramsey for. He could have just as easily said..well anything even that he knows littlefinger killed their aunt or other stuff instead he goes with the worst thing possible.

They made him truly a weirdo but gotta give it to him. He has a lot of things to comprehend in his mind and literally is like twister right now.

8 hours ago, Lord Friendzone said:

She played him well ... props to Diana Rigg for her work, it was superb acting.

Tbh a lot of people cheered for Cersei in that moment because they hate Sand Snakes and Ellaria almost as much as her.

I think she'll see it during a certain scene. If you know what I mean.

They made him truly a weirdo but gotta give it to him. He has a lot of things to comprehend in his mind and literally is like twister right now.

dianna rig is one of the top 3 actors in the show's history. I loved how they made olenna have a bigger role in the show then she did in the books. I agree people hated the sand snakes but they way it was done was truly well done by the writers and lena killed that scene. She showed just enough vulnerability to show she loved her daughter and make me feel it but the rest was pure and brilliant revenge.

I gave it a 6. It might have been higher; but ... well, I guess different people crack for different things, and in my case it was the KL smallfolk cheering Euron. So they're on Cersei's side now? Weren't they throwing stuff at her and insulting her during the Walk of Shame, and rioting for Margaery during the same season? To say nothing of the revolt during season 2. I know the vulgus is mobile ("fickle crowd") and that of course they want to make Cersei a more or less credible obstacle; but this is a bit much. Cersei appears to be the Teflon Queen. I guess this'll continue until she suddenly falls.

On the plus side (still talking about KL), we're rid of Dorne (and I actually found myself sorry for Fauxllaria and Tyene; weird). Show-Cersei is a more interesting villain than Ramsay, and vastly more interesting than Euron. The final scene with Jaime and Olenna was, I thought, well acted; and I liked Olenna more than I have for a while. She may have been what someone called the Sasstress Dowager recently; but at least she went out with a certain style (although Jaime is being rather stupid: Cersei bring peace?). Is it established in the show that Braavos is very down on slavery, having been founded by escaped slaves? Or am I letting the books confuse me?

Dragonstone: I didn't roll my eyes quite so muvh, here. I did wonder about Missandei being Dany's most trusted adviser. They like to keep it dark in Drsgonstone, or Dany has gone Goth. Never mind that, though. The sparring over titles: a little silly? Dany ignores the whole "Dead are coming" thing at first; but she's the one who notices the bit about Jon getting raised from the dead, and actually asks a kind of intelligent question about it. Also the decision to help Jon after all was a bit unprepared, yes? Davos finally gets to talk, but is shut up when he starts to tell Dany about Jon's being raised from dead. I'm not sure why, but guess it'll get revealed when the plot outline says so. The scene where Tyrion encourages Jon to try again wasn't too bad, and by and large I enjoyed watching this segment (partly by not focussing too much on sense).

The hypothetical battles looked cool, although it's a little weird watching things that didn't happen. "WHERE ARE MY LANNISTERS????"

Winterfell: Yes, it's nice that Sansa actually gets to act competent and intelligent. Bran's comment about the rape scene is rather weird. Maybe when you're a three-eyed raven, you lose some of your tact. Still not totally sure what the "everywhere always in your mind" bit means.

Sam-Jorah scene was nice-ish; but Sam has teflon as well. I think it was Brandon Night-king who raised the question: How did Joran heal so fast? Aren't they going to observe him a little longer. But I bet he'll be at Drsgonstone in an episode or two.

On 4. 8. 2017 at 10:06 PM, snow is the man said:

dianna rig is one of the top 3 actors in the show's history. I loved how they made olenna have a bigger role in the show then she did in the books. I agree people hated the sand snakes but they way it was done was truly well done by the writers and lena killed that scene. She showed just enough vulnerability to show she loved her daughter and make me feel it but the rest was pure and brilliant revenge.

Ellaria and Tyene, as Indira and Rosabell nailed that scene to a perfection.

Diana Rigg is a one classy lady, that has to be said. Dignified ending to her character and worthy of Queen of Thorns.

• 1 month later...

Another 7. Compared to seasons 1-4, this season, while enjoyable so far, is lacking truly enthralling moments. Dany/Jon met, but I didn't find their meeting especially interesting. Jaime/Olenna was a good scene but I'm really sad to see Olenna go.

+ Euron's triumphant parade. 

+ Cersei's torture of Faullaria and Tyene. If the victims were anyone else I'd be horrified, but this pair deserved it. What's most annoying is that the person who avenges the murder of Doran is Cersei, who is now unchallenged as the worst person in Westeros.

+ Bran is appropriately weird having become the three-eyed raven.

+ Melisandre admitting to her grievous mistakes.

- The Lannisters taking Highgarden is completely implausible. The Tyrell armies should have been much stronger than the Lannisters as they hadn't been depleted, and people from the Reach are good fighters. Also it's a castle and it would realistically need to be beseiged instead of magically capitulating.

- Euron's fleet magically teleporting from one side of Westeros (King's Landing) to the other (Casterly Rock) is implausible.

- Dany is being really arrogant and entitled, as usual.

- My favourite character, Littlefinger, is hardly getting to do anything at all this season. At least this time Sandra appeared to be listening to his useful advice. Hopefully he'll get to do more later in the season. He's never been rewarded for taking back Winterfell from the Boltons. Mind you, Bran might know that he betrayed Ned and if Sandra finds out she is liable to banish him (as Dany did Jorah). Hell, Sandra might even opt for a larger punishment, ie imprisoning him or making him join the Night's Watch (as Cersei planned to do with Ned), both of which IMO are a tad harsh.

- Sam's curing of Jorah's greyscale seems too much of a miracle cure, a convenient plot device.

Edited by CaptainTheo