[Spoilers] Rant and Rave Without Repercussion

Why would Olenna Tyrell, who wanted to live long enough to see Cersei pay for killing her family, suddenly flit off to Highgarden, where the Lannisters could have relatively easy access to her, without even mentioning it to Daenerys?  Or did I miss a snippet of dialogue where she actually did mention that she was bored or tired of living in relative safety at Dany's side in Dragonstone?

I am sick an tired of Dany's million mile long stream of titles. I guess by the end of the series, she will acquire even more titles that it would take at least a couple of minutes to recite them all.

Jon being at Dragon Stone still does not make any sense. He should have sent his Hand or an emissary. And he should not have let Dany's guards strip them of their weapons. They went there after she 'invited' them (the raven scroll clearly says 'Invited').

Jon at least should have brought Ghost. That would have made him look more regal. Dany has her dragons and they were used to intimidate Jon and Davos. If Jon had his giant dire wolf with him Missendei would have been smirking like she did.

Didn't Brandon Stark (Ned Stark's brother) die by strangling himself in an attempt to save his father? I think this what they showed in the Histories and Lore series. But in this Ep, Jon says 'He burned my uncle alive'.

And I am totally confused with the Euron/KL/Dragonstone timeline.

So in Ep:1, we have Yara sailing for KL. She got ambushed by Euron in Ep2. In this Episode, Euron reaches KL, parades the Sand Snakes and then manages to ambush the Unsullied at CR soon after the later has captured the Castle. How is this even possible? I know 'things happen' at different timelines. But in this case the timeline is shared between the two. One argument would be to say that it was not Euron but one of his Captains . But then you'll have to wonder how they knew about the Unsullied sailing for CR. If that information was extracted out of the Dornish/Yara crew, then there is no way they'd reach CR that quickly. The fact that Jaimie got enough time to move majority of his army away from CR indicates that Euron decided to go to CR only after his little parade in KL.

"your father burned my grandfather alive, HE BURNED MY UNCLE ALIVE"

I hate show!Jaime

no one cares about incest anymore. cersei just opens the door and the handmaiden doesn't even glance twice at jaime naked in cersei's bed

wtf was LF's speech? what was he even saying? just put this character out of his misery already

Posted this on the other R&R thread:

I am sick an tired of Dany's million mile long stream of titles. I guess by the end of the series, she will acquire even more titles that it would take at least a couple of minutes to recite them all.

Jon being at Dragon Stone still does not make any sense. He should have sent his Hand or an emissary. And he should not have let Dany's guards strip them of their weapons. They went there after she 'invited' them (the raven scroll clearly says 'Invited').

Jon at least should have brought Ghost. That would have made him look more regal. Dany has her dragons and they were used to intimidate Jon and Davos. If Jon had his giant dire wolf with him Missendei would have been smirking like she did.

Didn't Brandon Stark (Ned Stark's brother) die by strangling himself in an attempt to save his father? I think this what they showed in the Histories and Lore series. But in this Ep, Jon says 'He burned my uncle alive'.

And I am totally confused with the Euron/KL/Dragonstone timeline.

So in Ep:1, we have Yara sailing for KL. She got ambushed by Euron in Ep2. In this Episode, Euron reaches KL, parades the Sand Snakes and then manages to ambush the Unsullied at CR soon after the later has captured the Castle. How is this even possible? I know 'things happen' at different timelines. But in this case the timeline is shared between the two. One argument would be to say that it was not Euron but one of his Captains . But then you'll have to wonder how they knew about the Unsullied sailing for CR. If that information was extracted out of the Dornish/Yara crew, then there is no way they'd reach CR that quickly. The fact that Jaimie got enough time to move majority of his army away from CR indicates that Euron decided to go to CR only after his little parade in KL.

"your father burned my grandfather alive, HE BURNED MY UNCLE ALIVE"

I hate show!Jaime

no one cares about incest anymore. cersei just opens the door and the handmaiden doesn't even glance twice at jaime naked in cersei's bed

wtf was LF's speech? what was he even saying? just put this character out of his misery already

7 minutes ago, goomba said:

The Dragonstone scenes were too much!l  -_-

I say they were not enough. The episode theme should have been about Dany and Jon getting to know eachother but that wasnt the case. The episode was more about how queen cersei, the star of the show is 20 step ahead of dany and tyrion and how she keeps winning no matter the odds. I say sent Queen Cersei to battle the walkers, she alone would finish them off in 1 or 2 episodes.

5 minutes ago, athmystikal said:

I am not sure about the show universe, but in the books it has been clearly stated that Bravos was founded by escaped slaves. They are completely against slavery. But in today's episode, it is implied that the IB engages in slave trade.

yeah I noticed that and questioned myself. did they make two slip-ups? first with Brandon burned alive, second with saying that the IB provit with slavery.

Show Horn Hill > Casterly Rock and Highgarden. 

So with all the stuff Bran has learned and has seen he decides to tell Sansa he saw her wedding night at Winterfell? Why use that as an example of the many things he has seen? Anyone else find that creepy? Not only that Bran brought it up but the tone he did it with?

From an outside prospective it would look like Tyrion is purposely sabotaging Daenerys' armies/allies for his sister the Queen Cersei. I mean honestly at this point Daenerys has to be wondering if Tyrion is either a traitor or just incompetent.

If they weren't going to do any sort of Jaime redemption arc they should have never chopped off his sword hand. Jamie slashing apart shirtless Dothraki savages would be a glorious sight. I mean a Dothraki Khal did rape Dany, in her own words, after all. 

>> I am sick an tired of Dany's million mile long stream of titles.
Well, half of the dialogue writes itself that way!

Some of the anachronisms that stood out for me:
- handshake scene at the beach
- "Do I have my facts wrong?"
- "she's not about..."

The exchange Dany - Jon was painful.
The WW are real! The NKis real! Uhm, Jon, maybe a little elaboration would be in order.

From Dany's pov, her not insisting on Braveheart Snow bending the knee (let alone giving him dragonglass) makes no sense. But of course, she trusts St Tyrion, who's a good judge of character, particularly with someone he met years ago.

Actually, all the dialogue and monologue is bad now. Well-written and well-acted dialogue can be more riveting than any action scene; but most of these people just seem very chatty now. Here, foreign lord who will not bend the knee, let me tell you about my children and that I'm barren! My queen, before telling you our strategy for Casterly Rock, let me tell you about my father issues in great detail! Hey, stupid Dorne queen who killed my daughter, let me give a lengthy villain monologue like in the comic books, to spell it all out to you!  And so on...

D&D really ARE obsessed with "fingers in the bum", aren't they?

TMI, Cersei. No one cares about your breastfeeding habits.
Cersei's hairstyle is spreading; her new female minion (who was that?) has it, too!

Bran about Sansa's wedding night... As sensitive as a sledgehammer. How about, "I saw how you betrayed Jon's trust, sending a ravengram to LF, killing Rickon!" Oh well. Nevermind. But something a little less personal and creepy?

Dear Gods, Tyrion, it's a war council. Nobody wants your whole backstory. Just say, "There's a secret sewer system we can use", and get a therapist!

Why the hell is EVERYONE dressed all in black now? Even Cersei's servant. (Shout out to Varys for at least trying to keep his wardrobe not looking like he's at a funeral.) For a splash of color in this week's episode we get 15 seconds of a Lannister army marching in gold and red though.

Archived