what are your predictions

On 8/3/2017 at 1:41 PM, Illiterati said:

no, no one cares about the unnamed soldiers to be roasted.  It's a fictional work that focuses on the leaders of these soldiers, so by "obliterates Jaime," I mean obliterates his army.  Every footsoldier in this story is a redshirt.

pretty much this. Everyone without a name is not worth anything to me on a show that is fiction

On 8/1/2017 at 6:11 AM, Rippounet said:

She's not the maid yet. But she's got no purpose in Winterfell and is going through an identity crisis. She'll reappear in the south sooner or later. In order for this to be a surprise the viewers need a minor character above all suspicion. The maid is perfect precisely because we've been introduced to her while Arya was in the North.

It'll take a few episodes though.

I want to see what people think is in store for Arya. I like her a lot but her purpose is dwindling. She has exacted revenge on the Freys, The Hound is no longer on her list, The Mountain guards Cercei, Cercei is on her list but I think it is unlikely Arya will succeed in killing her, I'm worried Arya will die trying to kill Cercei.

Does Arya still have an important purpose in this story? She has survived unbelievable odds and has honed her killing and surviving skills. She is on her way home to reunite with her surviving siblings.  Aside from trying to kill Cercei, what major purpose does Arya have? Will she find a new purpose? Or will Arya die soon because she has no purpose? Won't that be a waste of all the surviving she has done? Will Arya take on some aspect of the fight against the AOD? Will Arya try to assassinate the Night King? I haven't gotten through the spoilers so I'm at a loss for Arya's direction. I hope she is not slated to die soon because I like Arya and think it would be a waste of all that has been done to bring her where she is now.

On 8/3/2017 at 1:21 PM, norwaywolf123 said:

Does no one care about the unamed soldiers you want to roast? I wonder if modern day polticans think the same way, that you have to have a name to be human?

It is part of war. In this story and real life. If a solider wears Lannister colors they are risking their life. Same as for Dany's allies. But for Dany to protect her childern, the Unsullied. She will have to roast the Lannisters from killng the Unsullied. 

By the  I am team Dany and Jon.

5 minutes ago, Visenya the Dragon said:

It is part of war. In this story and real life. If a solider wears Lannister colors they are risking their life. Same as for Dany's allies. But for Dany to protect her childern, the Unsullied. She will have to roast the Lannisters from killng the Unsullied. 

i was team tywin but hes not around anymore.... :( 

On 8/1/2017 at 8:16 AM, Samwell_Tarly said:

The Hound is already finding redemption, I dont think he will need to kill his brother to do that. I dont understand why you would think the Hound would go back south with her, there is no real reason to do so.

I see the Hound going back so Arya can kill Cersai so he can kill The Mountain/His Brother (although, after being resurrected, he's really not his brother anymore). 

6 hours ago, The Bare Hand said:

But you cannot put the genie back in the bottle, can you? I'm not saying you should promote it, but if we have watched it, there is no point pretending it's not happened. On a related note, did not a producer or an HBO official say that they did not mind the historical piracy numbers in regards to GOT because the same people who pirate were eventually going to contribute by buying GOT merch?

I don't think they said that.

They definitely said piracy helped them get extras in Spain, because the show had a ready made fan base in a country it wasn't distributed to. And, the actor who played Loras definitely said he condoned piracy for people in Australia, who have draconian distribution options.

I agree that whether you condone it or not, it is part of the modern world and media distribution companies need to work out how to compete with it for the consumer, rather than try and beat it legally. The guys that made the pirate bay said their dream was a world where the consumer set the price and not the producer - which I think is a valid dream.

I also think it is very interesting that leaks mean people don't have to wait until Sunday night in the US to watch the show. Sunday night in the US is the middle of Monday (when everyone is at work) for most of the planet. In a globalised world, surely we can adopt globalised schedules.

Irregardless, it's made predictions for this episode entirely redundant.

On 8/1/2017 at 8:40 AM, Littler Finger said:

Complete subject change, but does anyone else think Cersei might not actually have poisoned the Sandsnake? The comment about not knowing how long the poison takes seemed a bit odd after saying how clever Qyburn is and how he worked out what it was.  It could have been part of the torture, but I wonder if maybe letting them think she poisoned her is part of the torture so they suffer longer. Either way I hope we see what happens later in the season.  My ideal-but-not-likely scenario is after Jaime decides to leave Cersei he frees them (with Bronn of course), possibly with some talk about not realising they were alive and being tortured etc etc 

Possibly.  I think the Sand Snakes are now dust in the wind. The show is nearing the end and needs to start thinning down the various rivals. Ellaria Sand was too greatly outmatched for her game playing skills.

2 hours ago, WCPhan said:

I see the Hound going back so Arya can kill Cersai so he can kill The Mountain/His Brother (although, after being resurrected, he's really not his brother anymore). 

Im not going to guess anymore because someone at HBO leaked Episode 4 and I got to see it. 

I predict that The Hound and Arya will fight over who gets to kill The Mountain...

6 hours ago, Stark_in_Winterfell said:

I want to see what people think is in store for Arya. I like her a lot but her purpose is dwindling. She has exacted revenge on the Freys, The Hound is no longer on her list, The Mountain guards Cercei, Cercei is on her list but I think it is unlikely Arya will succeed in killing her, I'm worried Arya will die trying to kill Cercei.

Does Arya still have an important purpose in this story? She has survived unbelievable odds and has honed her killing and surviving skills. She is on her way home to reunite with her surviving siblings.  Aside from trying to kill Cercei, what major purpose does Arya have? Will she find a new purpose? Or will Arya die soon because she has no purpose? Won't that be a waste of all the surviving she has done? Will Arya take on some aspect of the fight against the AOD? Will Arya try to assassinate the Night King? I haven't gotten through the spoilers so I'm at a loss for Arya's direction. I hope she is not slated to die soon because I like Arya and think it would be a waste of all that has been done to bring her where she is now.

Arya still has a VERY important purpose in the story. She is one of the main characters. Not only is she an assassin but she is also a formidable warrior who has clearly honed her swordsmanship skills since we last saw her water dancing back in Season 4 with the Hound. Shes also vwry young so will only get better and now has a Valyrian steel weapon. Clearly she is going to have a part to play in the battle against the White Walkers too, as well as being a potential candidate to assassinate more major antagonists.

Potential for Arya is huge, way more than for Sansa or probably even Bran. With her knowledge, skills and experience, she could be involved in any of the following:

1. Assassinating Cersei. I think its more likely Jaime will do it, but there is still some chance it could be Arya.

2. Killing one or more of Cersei's greatest supporters - Euron, Qyburn, the Mountain, etc.

3. Killing lots of White Walkers and being a hero of final battle.

4. Either killing the Night King herself or, more likely, being involved somehow in the plan to defeat him. I think its probable Jon will be the one to end the NIght King, with knowledge/assistance from Bran, as NK has been much more central to Jon and Bran's arc and has not even really been in Arya's at all. 

5. Being heavily involved or a leader (probably more like a sergeant role than general really) in the defence of Winterfell. Its not hard to imagine her screaming instructions, leading and fighting by example and helping the forces of Winterfell hold fast against the undead attack.

Arya's story is far from over.

13 hours ago, Ran said:

Folks, we don't condone piracy here. No discussion of pirated material. Leaks of details from people who worked on the production or witnessed it, fine, can't do much about that, but will not allow people to discuss things that are more akin to theft than leaks.

[mod] Folks, this is not a suggestion or an invitation to a discussion. This is the moderators telling you not to discuss pirated material. Don't. Not 'do you think we shouldn't?' or 'maybe you shouldn't' but 'no'. No summaries, no links to summaries, no 'I watched this and here's my thoughts'. Nothing. You have been warned. [/mod]

3 hours ago, Gaz0680 said:

Arya still has a VERY important purpose in the story. She is one of the main characters. Not only is she an assassin but she is also a formidable warrior who has clearly honed her swordsmanship skills since we last saw her water dancing back in Season 4 with the Hound. Shes also vwry young so will only get better and now has a Valyrian steel weapon. Clearly she is going to have a part to play in the battle against the White Walkers too, as well as being a potential candidate to assassinate more major antagonists.

Potential for Arya is huge, way more than for Sansa or probably even Bran. With her knowledge, skills and experience, she could be involved in any of the following:

1. Assassinating Cersei. I think its more likely Jaime will do it, but there is still some chance it could be Arya.

2. Killing one or more of Cersei's greatest supporters - Euron, Qyburn, the Mountain, etc.

3. Killing lots of White Walkers and being a hero of final battle.

4. Either killing the Night King herself or, more likely, being involved somehow in the plan to defeat him. I think its probable Jon will be the one to end the NIght King, with knowledge/assistance from Bran, as NK has been much more central to Jon and Bran's arc and has not even really been in Arya's at all. 

5. Being heavily involved or a leader (probably more like a sergeant role than general really) in the defence of Winterfell. Its not hard to imagine her screaming instructions, leading and fighting by example and helping the forces of Winterfell hold fast against the undead attack.

Arya's story is far from over.

My idea:... Sansa kills Littlefinger, Jamie kills Cersei,  Sansa gets her ass White Walkered, Arya kills Sansa. 

5 hours ago, Stark_in_Winterfell said:

The show Iron Bank of HBO is nearing has finalized contractual negotiations and needs to start thinning down the various rivals actors. Ellaria Sand Indira Varma was too greatly outmatched out-contracted by Lena Heady for her game playing skills contract to continue.

There, that's better.

7 hours ago, Dawn of Fyre said:

Nah, Jon will survive. :]

To know the answer, just look at his contract.  It is clear there will only be 5 or 6 people standing on Westeros in the end (other than unnamed chattel unsullied and Dothraki and various soldiers).  We could name them right now.

9 hours ago, Visenya the Dragon said:

Daenerys has only 3 children.  Not the Unsullied. 

Daenerys and Jon are in no way a team yet.

7 hours ago, ummester said:

I don't think they said that.

They definitely said piracy helped them get extras in Spain, because the show had a ready made fan base in a country it wasn't distributed to. And, the actor who played Loras definitely said he condoned piracy for people in Australia, who have draconian distribution options.

I agree that whether you condone it or not, it is part of the modern world and media distribution companies need to work out how to compete with it for the consumer, rather than try and beat it legally. The guys that made the pirate bay said their dream was a world where the consumer set the price and not the producer - which I think is a valid dream.

I also think it is very interesting that leaks mean people don't have to wait until Sunday night in the US to watch the show. Sunday night in the US is the middle of Monday (when everyone is at work) for most of the planet. In a globalised world, surely we can adopt globalised schedules.

Irregardless, it's made predictions for this episode entirely redundant.

I did not find that exact quote, but here is one that is pretty similar from Time Warner CEO:

“Basically, we’ve been dealing with this issue for years with HBO, literally 20, 30 years, where people have always been running wires down on the back of apartment buildings and sharing with their neighbors,” he said. “Our experience is, it all leads to more penetration, more paying subs, more health for HBO, less reliance on having to do paid advertising… If you go around the world, I think you’re right, Game of Thrones is the most pirated show in the world. Well, you know, that’s better than an Emmy.”

That said, I agree with you.

4 hours ago, mormont said:

[mod] Folks, this is not a suggestion or an invitation to a discussion. This is the moderators telling you not to discuss pirated material. Don't. Not 'do you think we shouldn't?' or 'maybe you shouldn't' but 'no'. No summaries, no links to summaries, no 'I watched this and here's my thoughts'. Nothing. You have been warned. [/mod]

I didn't discuss it or post links or give thoughts, yet you erased my post!?

6 hours ago, Iron Mother said:

Daenerys has only 3 children.  Not the Unsullied. 

Daenerys and Jon are in no way a team yet.

Yes the 3 dragons are her only childern. But all the slaves look up to her as a mother and leader.when she saved them in the slave cities. That is what they called her. 

I know they are both not an official alliance yet. But, it is known it will happen. So there. I made that my personal statement. I am for Dany and Jon being on the same team. Oh and they will become a couple too by the end of the season. Again not a fact. But my personal opinion.

Archived