snow is the man

what are your predictions

162 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, norwaywolf123 said:

Does no one care about the unamed soldiers you want to roast? I wonder if modern day polticans think the same way, that you have to have a name to be human?

no, no one cares about the unnamed soldiers to be roasted.  It's a fictional work that focuses on the leaders of these soldiers, so by "obliterates Jaime," I mean obliterates his army.  Every footsoldier in this story is a redshirt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lucius Lovejoy said:

Daenerys has got to have a scene where she is like Sonny Corleone to Tom Hagen in "The Godfather" - "if I had a war time hand of the king I wouldn't be in this shape!  Pappa had Tywin, look what I got."  And then tells Tyrion to screw his ideas, it's time to dracarys some shit.

And that attitude did so well for Sonny eventually!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess that Daenerys will have a clean victory over Jamie's army and Jamie safes himself by springing in the lake. Don't know if Bronn survives this fight, but actually it would be interesting to see his reaction to the killing of the Sand Snakes (maybe we get one line about it and then he gets killed/injured?) Also interesting would be Tyrions feelings about fighting against Bronn who safed his Life before.

After the fight Dany will be overconfident again, cause her story always feels like she jumps in emotions and will make another unthoughtful attack where one Dragon will hurt/die. My bet would be that one Dragon gets hurt and needs some healing, would be nice if there was a character who knows stuff about dragons and has no real role to play since he's not usefull on the batlefield and needs redemption from Dany after giving bad advices-> Enter Tyrion. I mean they already had the scene with him bonding with the dragons and since he's a show favorite it wouldn't surprise me if he gets to ride a dragon.

In the north Littlefinger will do something stupid. (Cause he has a sudden drop in IQ since season 4...) and Sansa and/or Arya will be there to stop him, and since Littlefinger has to go sometime maybe gets killed... (I actually wished he'd do a smart move and made some shocking moment in favor for him,... but I don't expect it,... maybe he's allowed to leave and starts plotting from somewhere else...,but Bran will reveal all his betrayals in the past and he will be gone.)

On another note, Littlefinger had a supicious look when Sansa and the Maester talked about the letters copied from Luwin, and in the preview we see Sansa sitting over some letters, what do you guys think is the story behind this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kimbono said:

I guess that Daenerys will have a clean victory over Jamie's army and Jamie safes himself by springing in the lake. Don't know if Bronn survives this fight, but actually it would be interesting to see his reaction to the killing of the Sand Snakes (maybe we get one line about it and then he gets killed/injured?) Also interesting would be Tyrions feelings about fighting against Bronn who safed his Life before.

After the fight Dany will be overconfident again, cause her story always feels like she jumps in emotions and will make another unthoughtful attack where one Dragon will hurt/die. My bet would be that one Dragon gets hurt and needs some healing, would be nice if there was a character who knows stuff about dragons and has no real role to play since he's not usefull on the batlefield and needs redemption from Dany after giving bad advices-> Enter Tyrion. I mean they already had the scene with him bonding with the dragons and since he's a show favorite it wouldn't surprise me if he gets to ride a dragon.

In the north Littlefinger will do something stupid. (Cause he has a sudden drop in IQ since season 4...) and Sansa and/or Arya will be there to stop him, and since Littlefinger has to go sometime maybe gets killed... (I actually wished he'd do a smart move and made some shocking moment in favor for him,... but I don't expect it,... maybe he's allowed to leave and starts plotting from somewhere else...,but Bran will reveal all his betrayals in the past and he will be gone.)

On another note, Littlefinger had a supicious look when Sansa and the Maester talked about the letters copied from Luwin, and in the preview we see Sansa sitting over some letters, what do you guys think is the story behind this?

Ohhhh, that's where she finds out Pete's hand in all this.   Twas a raven she wasn't meant to read.  So Bran doesn't need to narc Pete out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, norwaywolf123 said:

Does no one care about the unamed soldiers you want to roast? I wonder if modern day polticans think the same way, that you have to have a name to be human?

I posted about what I predict will happen, not what I want to have happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Illiterati said:

no, no one cares about the unnamed soldiers to be roasted.  It's a fictional work that focuses on the leaders of these soldiers, so by "obliterates Jaime," I mean obliterates his army.  Every footsoldier in this story is a redshirt.

I care about the fictional lowborn. The series is supposed to reflect our world. I am not going to protest Daenerys burning the lannister army, it is just fiction after all. I just want people discuss it with some morals mostly.

Edited by norwaywolf123

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Lucius Lovejoy said:

I posted about what I predict will happen, not what I want to have happen.

Maybe i over reacted?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, norwaywolf123 said:

Maybe i over reacted?

Hahaha no worries - some times it bugs me too when I find people rooting for violence and always good to check myself with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why doesn't the episode have a synopsis yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/2/2017 at 8:24 PM, Dudu42 said:

Jamie is killing Cersei before his demise. It was Maggie's prediction that her little brother kills her, to which Cersei interpreted as being Tyrion, but I'm pretty sure she was refering to Jamie (he is younger by a few minutes). I think this season is Dany vs Cersei, mostly, and next is Dany vs White Walkers.

 

Is it possible that Arya kills Cersei, wearing Jaime's face? Olenna says that Cersei will destroy him-- so maybe he goes down fighting for Cersei. The seeds of doubt are already planted in his mind, but as he said himself: He's too far gone to turn back now. 

Maybe Arya wears the face of the short-haired maid (who Jaime has already encountered, while he was naked in bed with his sister :o). She kills Jaime, wears his face, then checks Cersei off her list. Just a thought-- not sure if this has been speculated before. 

The short-haired maid could also be a red herring. We were supposed to notice her, and her spot is reminiscent of the servant girl at the Frey feast. We know she definitely shows:  

1) Cersei doesn't care who sees her in bed with bro, getting over-confident and reckless

2) An example of Cersei's influence on KL (short hair is all the rage, and women admire her)? 

If Arya is supposed to go to Winterfell in the next few episodes, she would have to kill Cersei/ Jaime sometime next season. Maybe she find that she's the lone wolf and hanging around Winterfell's not for her. Then she takes off to KL? Thoughts? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to see Bran having a vision of the field of fire 2.0 or just absently mentioning a field of burning men to Sansa, better still seeing through the eyes of the dragon. Dragon pov that's what we need more of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the Dragons will end up burning the tyrell gold that the Lannisters stole, or burn enough Lannisters that they can't carry it back. This would make sense with what we've seen of the Lannisters traveling out in the open back to kings Landing in the trailer. I would love it simply because Cersei so arrogantly appeased the Iron Bank she would have their money.  It would be the start of some sweet justice just to see it literally, blow up in her face.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 7:38 AM, Crona said:

And the targs were trying to hatch dragons all the way until Summerhall and there are still dragon eggs out there. It's like being nuclear bombed and thinking it's not going to happen again but the material is still out there and they are actively trying to make another one. Plus, Dany has three dragons for a while, and they thought she will never come to westeros even though that exact thing happened in the past. I just think it's ridiculous how ignorant westeros is. 

Ya I never got why that was mentioned and then after Dany hatched her three, individuals with eggs didn't try to sell them to Dany. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Folks, we don't condone piracy here. No discussion of pirated material. Leaks of details from people who worked on the production or witnessed it, fine, can't do much about that, but will not allow people to discuss things that are more akin to theft than leaks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/3/2017 at 4:14 AM, Marlom said:

So D&D can kill Cersei in their way they want. Cersei can be killed by Jamie, by Arya or maybe the IB hires a assassin to kill Cersei for not paying her debts.

I see that as a potential plot point, though not necessarily what happens. I want Larry to kill her. I fear Arya will kill her. But I think there will be at least one if not several plots to kill her that'll come close working. Maybe a Faceless Man sent by the bank. 

I predict Urine will try to kill Carol. They'll either get married or just have sex. Urine will realize Carol's heart belongs to Larry, and he won't be able to woo her into being his subordinate. He wants to be the real king, not just a glorified gigolo. So he'll try to kill the queen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3-8-2017 at 5:11 PM, Illiterati said:

It's the good ole Kung Fu movie formula.  Start with the lightest competition and work your way up to the boss in the finale.

Exactly my idea... But who's the final boss? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 8/2/2017 at 9:11 AM, Marada78 said:

It funny to see how some people are trying to pass some spoilers as predictions. It feels like what Tyrion was doing with Dany trying to pass his statements as ancient wisdom. :rolleyes:

On the first page, there was a poster who posted almost verbatim the leaked script (the one back from November, not the final one) as his predictions. I mean, what is exactly the point of that?

Edited by TheRevanchist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 8/3/2017 at 10:33 AM, Visenya the Dragon said:

Yes Jaime escapes barely. I hope Jaimes arc changes sometime soon. I hated him. Then started to like him. Now he has to betray Cersei for me to like him again. He does seem to not be a brutal towards others as much as he once did. I think Cersei will say she will burn Kings landing before she lets Dany take it. Cersei has turned into a mad queen like king Aerys.  I think that is when he will abandon her or hopefully kill her and join Jon with Brienne.

Edited. Jaime will abandon Cersei at the end of the season when she goes mad that she is losing the war and wants to blow up kings landing. From Dany and Brans dreams in the red keep there is snow falling in front of the throne.

I figured snow was falling to represent the long night, during which the White Walkers in may or may not conquer humanity. 

If Larry cared so much about Carol turning into the Mad Queen, he'd have turned on her already. She blew up the Sept of Baelor!

Larry will either kill--if it happens next season--or abandon--if it happens this season--Carol to join Jon Snow in the fight against the Night King. Carol won't be interested in the Army of the Dead. She'll see it as a convenient way to thin out Dany and Jon's ranks. Larry will know better. 

Edited by darmody

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ran said:

Folks, we don't condone piracy here. No discussion of pirated material. Leaks of details from people who worked on the production or witnessed it, fine, can't do much about that, but will not allow people to discuss things that are more akin to theft than leaks.

But you cannot put the genie back in the bottle, can you? I'm not saying you should promote it, but if we have watched it, there is no point pretending it's not happened. On a related note, did not a producer or an HBO official say that they did not mind the historical piracy numbers in regards to GOT because the same people who pirate were eventually going to contribute by buying GOT merch?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/3/2017 at 0:21 PM, norwaywolf123 said:

Does no one care about the unamed soldiers you want to roast? I wonder if modern day polticans think the same way, that you have to have a name to be human?

Soldiers in the field are fair game. Swooping in and firing on them from the sky without warning wouldn't give them a chance to surrender, which is unfortunate. But it's not as if they're innocent civilians. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now