Discussing Sansa XXIX: On all fronts...

Mladen

There were not much of Sansa this episode, but it at least provided one nice moment in an episode where many of our heroes either failed to do what they needed to do or simply died. Sansa has been proving that she is not the worst choice for the leader but when Bran arrived in WF, she is reminded not only of sweet memories of her family, but also the trauma she survived.

One can only wonder how Sansa will deal with Three-Eyed Raven and Sun Tzu LF has become. But, it does seem she will be fighting battles on all fronts. 

I liked that they showed her showing competence and foresight but I am quite sure the smiths shouldn't have needed to be reminded to put hide on the plates for the winter :D

I do hope for Sansa to emerge victorious from the fights and standing firmly united with her family. I was very uncomfortable with the scene of Bran referring to her rape to convince her that he really sees things, and I wonder if this might be later used as a basis for her to believe something else from him - either about Jon's parentage, or about LF's betrayal of Ned. Bran's knowledge combined with Sandor's testimony about it should be enough for her to cut off that lying head of his.

6 minutes ago, Ygrain said:

I liked that they showed her showing competence and foresight but I am quite sure the smiths shouldn't have needed to be reminded to put hide on the plates for the winter :D

It is the classic GoT writing. Someone has to be immensely stupid so someone else would be smart :D

8 minutes ago, Ygrain said:

I do hope for Sansa to emerge victorious from the fights and standing firmly united with her family. I was very uncomfortable with the scene of Bran referring to her rape to convince her that he really sees things, and I wonder if this might be later used as a basis for her to believe something else from him - either about Jon's parentage, or about LF's betrayal of Ned. Bran's knowledge combined with Sandor's testimony about it should be enough for her to cut off that lying head of his.

Arya is coming and I feel we'll see, what Martin said, "sorting some issues" between her and Sansa. I expect to see some confrontations, especially since LF is around, But between Sansa owning LF this season, Bran being omnipresent and Arya having a good record in killing, he is toasted. 

If Sandor comes to WF, that would be another epic reunion for Starks. I can only imagine the two sisters seeing Sandor and reacting to him. 

1 hour ago, Risto said:

It is the classic GoT writing. Someone has to be immensely stupid so someone else would be smart :D

Yeah, the masters of the obvious :D

1 hour ago, Risto said:

Arya is coming and I feel we'll see, what Martin said, "sorting some issues" between her and Sansa. I expect to see some confrontations, especially since LF is around, But between Sansa owning LF this season, Bran being omnipresent and Arya having a good record in killing, he is toasted. 

The pack survives, and does what packs are want to do - bring down the loner and tear him to pieces. I am so looking forward to LF's demise, especially after I correctly predicted Ramsay's end. I hope that someone is already polishing a pike for his head, and then I'll wave him bye-bye

1 hour ago, Risto said:

If Sandor comes to WF, that would be another epic reunion for Starks. I can only imagine the two sisters seeing Sandor and reacting to him. 

Yep. I just hope Sandor survives it :D

24 minutes ago, Ygrain said:

The pack survives, and does what packs are want to do - bring down the loner and tear him to pieces. I am so looking forward to LF's demise, especially after I correctly predicted Ramsay's end. I hope that someone is already polishing a pike for his head, and then I'll wave him bye-bye

Well, Lord Royce must be already doing it. What bugs me the most is the fact that Olenna didn't implicate Baelish and now Cersei and Jaime won't know that he had a hand in Joffrey's murder. I also wonder whether the show will go a bit deeper in Ned's murder and whether we will find out was Joffrey actually manipulated by someone (ahem, LF) or was it all him.

I am actually warming up to Sansa, I hope she becomes the glue that holds her family together. Seems like everyone in her family has lost a few screws other than her. But, it was good seeing as being the leader and ruling well. I just wish she would just get rid of little finger already

I really like Sansa, but this time her scene felt like the showrunners bashing viewers on the head saying "look, Sansa is super smart, she knows people need food, oh, and also warm clothes when it's cold, isn't she the smartest ever". 

Also the moment with leather was a bit weird. Leather by itself doesn't really warm you in winter, and armour is usually worn over clothes plus thick padded under armour, which is much warmer than a layer of leather attached to a sheet of plate. 

what didnt surprise me and that i was expecting but still bothered me was that sansa already betrayed jon...now that bran is back, even though jon is chosen as the king of the north by all lords and stuff...she wants bran to be the ruler as he is the only 'trueborn' son of  ned stark left...so whatever jon did up until then didnt matter for sansa and proved that she doesnt really see jon as a brother but a protecter or tool maybe? im   just glad bran gave a her a good reply and said he wont be the lord of winterfell..not that it would matter since he cant bear any heirs due to his condition

7 minutes ago, Jasemina said:

what didnt surprise me and that i was expecting but still bothered me was that sansa already betrayed jon...now that bran is back, even though jon is chosen as the king of the north by all lords and stuff...she wants bran to be the ruler as he is the only 'trueborn' son of  ned stark left...so whatever jon did up until then didnt matter for sansa and proved that she doesnt really see jon as a brother but a protecter or tool maybe? im   just glad bran gave a her a good reply and said he wont be the lord of winterfell..not that it would matter since he cant bear any heirs due to his condition

Jon's the King in the North, not the Lord of Winterfell 

Sansa was shown as a smart leader (the wheat convo), a smart woman (not falling for LF'S crap), a caring sister (embracing Bran) and then as a victim (recollection of the wedding/rape). WTH? Can't she get away from the trauma of her past? Can't the writers give her a moment of success? Oh wait... it's Game of Thrones...

14 minutes ago, Jasemina said:

she wants bran to be the ruler as he is the only 'trueborn' son of  ned stark left...so whatever jon did up until then didnt matter for sansa and proved that she doesnt really see jon as a brother but a protecter or tool maybe?

She was with the truth like always (she learned to tell the truth from her father), Bran is the legal and rightful lord of Winterfell, she never betrayed Jon but rather she saved him (if she let him get killed by Ramsay then it can called betrayal) but if she sides Jon against Bran she will betray her father and the values of the north.

Some people must be dancing with joy when Bran refused the lordship but they don't know that the King in the north position is different from the lord of winterfell position.

7 hours ago, Future Null Infinity said:

The poor ginger :crying: between Littlefinger babbling about quantum mechanics and her brother telling her about the night of her rape she must telling herself : "Circus in town"

Not my monkeys, not my circus? But unfortunately it is her circus!!

18 minutes ago, Jasemina said:

Wrong. Jon is KITN not Lord of Winterfell. Jon is a bastard he has no claim over Winterfell.  in the show they are two different titles.

Bran is Lord of Winterfell by birth right and that's what Sansa was talking about.

20 minutes ago, Jasemina said:

im   just glad bran gave a her a good reply and said he wont be the lord of winterfell..not that it would matter since he cant bear any heirs due to his condition

Yes, sure you are glad because your favourite character didn't get put aside by the power of the birthright of Bran from the lordship of Winterfell, it must be christmas for you when he said that

Why is Sandra wearing a Maesters ring? Seriously look at it when they walk together, its the same.

Her actions make no sense whatsoever. Suddenly she knows everything about grain, logitics and battle armor? She never read a book in her life and didnt have that kind of education.

It also makes her previous decisions worse, because now we cant say she was stupid and must assume she did everything on purpose. Like not telling Jon about the Vale Army, trusting LF and getting raped, undermining Jon in front of everyone, etc. Terrible writing.

16 minutes ago, Future Null Infinity said:

Yes, sure you are glad because your favourite character didn't get put aside by the power of the birthright of Bran from the lordship of Winterfell, it must be christmas for you when he said that

actually jon is not even close to being my favorite character....

5 minutes ago, Jasemina said:

actually jon is not even close to being my favorite character....

She never betrayed Jon and your statement is full on contradictions : you are saying that she betrayed Jon and  now you want her to betray the starks, laws and culture by not telling Bran that he's the rightful Lord of Winterfell? the amount of the contradiction in this statement is staggering 

Archived