Will Bronn save Obama, Obara...whatever her name

Jayc

18 hours ago, Ygrain said:

I think the remaining Sand Snake is Tyenne?

But I would love to see her saved. Anything to cross Cersei's plans, anything.

BTW, Jaime is supposed to be cool with this? Like, seriously? I get it it must have been terrible for him to have Myrcella die in his arms, but such a sick revenge? Really? Does a wee bit of twincesting make him close his eyes to everything?

after she blows up the sept and causes tommen to kill himself and then she says he bertayed her...Torturing the women who killed his daughter by doing the exact same thing that they did to his daughter who had done nothing wrong seems like nothing to me. No this is nothing compared to other things she has done and I think that despite the change we see in jaime in terms of how he isn't as cruel as he used to be in the early seasons he wouldn't care what happened to the sand snakes.

On 7/31/2017 at 8:35 AM, Jayc said:

Was she the one that poisoned then saved Bronn?

If so, will he grow a huge pair and return the favor? Bronn vs. The Mountain

Seems unlikely since he's over at Highgarden with Jamie.

pretty sure she's a goner, whatever her name was. 

Well the whole show version of the Dorne sub-plot was mangled from the get-go, and then went downhill from there, so good riddance. Of all the people Cersei could torture, these are some of the more deserving ones, anyhow.

Am I the only one who was disturbed by how randy this made Cersei though? I mean it's not surprising, but the editing was very effective here (hey, credit where it's due!).

22 hours ago, Ygrain said:

I think the remaining Sand Snake is Tyenne?

But I would love to see her saved. Anything to cross Cersei's plans, anything.

BTW, Jaime is supposed to be cool with this? Like, seriously? I get it it must have been terrible for him to have Myrcella die in his arms, but such a sick revenge? Really? Does a wee bit of twincesting make him close his eyes to everything?

You are assuming Jaime is still a character in the show, with any sort of personality, which he, for the time at least, is not. The plot isn't ready for him to have his actual break from Cersei so for now he's cool with everything she does, even the kind of thing he actually murdered aerys for

There's a mountain of reasons why Bronn can't save Tyene.. time, geography, motivation, furthering the plot.. BUT the writers have left loopholes and set precedents which could conceivably allow it to happen.

Time... Qyburn himself said the poison could take minutes, hours or days to work, depends on the victim. So if Tyene lasts several days, Bronn could perhaps arrive in time because...

Geography... we know distance doesn't matter, Littlefinger, Arya, Varys and recently Euron have all teleported around Westeros and beyond, so why not Bronn?

Motivation... super cute Dornish girl with a great body and a dirty mind.. 'nuff said

Plot... Bronn has been open about preferring Tyrion to Jaime so rejoining him is a possibility and Tyene would want her revenge. And there's always the possibility that both characters could simply retire to Dorne and just go away

3 hours ago, BrightStar Of The Day said:

You are assuming Jaime is still a character in the show, with any sort of personality, which he, for the time at least, is not. The plot isn't ready for him to have his actual break from Cersei so for now he's cool with everything she does, even the kind of thing he actually murdered aerys for

Yeah, my bad :D

1 hour ago, Super Mario said:

There's a mountain of reasons why Bronn can't save Tyene.. time, geography, motivation, furthering the plot.. BUT the writers have left loopholes and set precedents which could conceivably allow it to happen.

Time... Qyburn himself said the poison could take minutes, hours or days to work, depends on the victim. So if Tyene lasts several days, Bronn could perhaps arrive in time because...

Geography... we know distance doesn't matter, Littlefinger, Arya, Varys and recently Euron have all teleported around Westeros and beyond, so why not Bronn?

Motivation... super cute Dornish girl with a great body and a dirty mind.. 'nuff said

Plot... Bronn has been open about preferring Tyrion to Jaime so rejoining him is a possibility and Tyene would want her revenge. And there's always the possibility that both characters could simply retire to Dorne and just go away

Trifles... :D 

3 hours ago, BrightStar Of The Day said:

I hate what they have done to my favorite Lannister. Jaime is a character with such amazing potential and he is just the shell of what he could be.

4 minutes ago, Risto said:

I hate what they have done to my favorite Lannister. Jaime is a character with such amazing potential and he is just the shell of what he could be.

What exactly could he be, though? Other than the one who finally has enough of Cersei and turns on her and kills her himself, as a lot of people expect he will be, eventually. If he did that, say, what would become of him after?

I think this idea that he is being repressed is actually part of his story, too. We see it as a character with potential not being used properly in the story, but that's really part of his story. He is one of the greatest knights in the world, who has lost his hand and is being a side man to a Queen/sister that he is in love with, but slowly starting to realise is she is the nasty, evil woman that everyone else sees her as. Jaime himself is bubbling under the surface at his repression as much as we are as fans.

11 hours ago, Greywater-Watch said:

The signs (nose bleeding) hint at the fact, that the poison used for Myrcella and Bronn was the same.

However: Bronn got the poison in his blood, Myrcella only via skin contact or oral by licking her own lips.

Generally when you get poison in your blood it works MUCH faster.

So I wonder how Bronn could have survived so long, when Myrcella died so fast after being in contact with the poison.

I don't think it's the same poison, it's probably Qyburn's own. Myrcella didn't die quickly... Bronn got cut, then the chatter at the fight and then walk to the cells and chatter again before the poison took hold. Myrcella was kissed by Ellaria, then they sailed off, then she had a chat with Jaime then she died. If she died instantly she got on the boat then they would have turned around and hunted Ellaria down. I don't think the time it took for symptoms for each person was that different but I agree direct into bloodstream generally should be quicker than orally. But some poisons via oral are instant.

31 minutes ago, JordanJH1993 said:

What exactly could he be, though? Other than the one who finally has enough of Cersei and turns on her and kills her himself, as a lot of people expect he will be, eventually. If he did that, say, what would become of him after?

I think this idea that he is being repressed is actually part of his story, too. We see it as a character with potential not being used properly in the story, but that's really part of his story. He is one of the greatest knights in the world, who has lost his hand and is being a side man to a Queen/sister that he is in love with, but slowly starting to realise is she is the nasty, evil woman that everyone else sees her as. Jaime himself is bubbling under the surface at his repression as much as we are as fans.

The problem is that the show doesn't portray his repressed status. He plays a very active role in Cersei's reign, and by now, especially since we started his "redemption" road in Season 3, everything now looks contrived. Jaime is such a beautifully complex character, someone who has seen his dreams being crushed. Even his discussion with Olenna suggests what wreck of the character he is. The issue is not that he won't probably betray Cersei, the issue is the road to that moment. They like dramatic turnovers like with Sansa, but those kind of decisions don't happen over night. And for him, it will happen over night. Which is appalling having in mind his storyline.

7 minutes ago, Risto said:

The problem is that the show doesn't portray his repressed status. He plays a very active role in Cersei's reign, and by now, especially since we started his "redemption" road in Season 3, everything now looks contrived. Jaime is such a beautifully complex character, someone who has seen his dreams being crushed. Even his discussion with Olenna suggests what wreck of the character he is. The issue is not that he won't probably betray Cersei, the issue is the road to that moment. They like dramatic turnovers like with Sansa, but those kind of decisions don't happen over night. And for him, it will happen over night. Which is appalling having in mind his storyline.

I don't think it will happen over night, though. It looks to me like he is already heading towards turning against Cersei. It's like the seeds of doubt are already planted in his head, but he's trying to fight them.

When Olenna was running Cersei down to him in the last episode, in my eyes, he looked uncomfortable, not because she was running down his sister/lover, but because she was saying some home truths about his sister/lover that he was already starting to see for himself.

48 minutes ago, JordanJH1993 said:

I don't think it will happen over night, though. It looks to me like he is already heading towards turning against Cersei. It's like the seeds of doubt are already planted in his head, but he's trying to fight them.

When Olenna was running Cersei down to him in the last episode, in my eyes, he looked uncomfortable, not because she was running down his sister/lover, but because she was saying some home truths about his sister/lover that he was already starting to see for himself.

The problem is that for me, it always gets backpedaled. First we have season 3 which so beautifully began his "redemption" arc and then Season 4 and 5 happened. In Season 6 finale, we had that look, and just like Sansa's with Baelish, it didn't mean much because this season he is there for Cersei, being her lover, commander, brother, killer of old ladies, whatever she needs him to be. 

6 minutes ago, Risto said:

The problem is that for me, it always gets backpedaled. First we have season 3 which so beautifully began his "redemption" arc and then Season 4 and 5 happened. In Season 6 finale, we had that look, and just like Sansa's with Baelish, it didn't mean much because this season he is there for Cersei, being her lover, commander, brother, killer of old ladies, whatever she needs him to be. 

I think we have to be extra patient with Jaime. He hasn't really done much in the last 3 seasons, I know, but I do believe it is building and getting closer to him actually having an important moment.

Hey, we have waited from season 3, what's another season?!

15 hours ago, Epyon said:

I'm not sure it's as much about giving Tyene a story as giving Bronn's story an ending (retiring to sleep with a hot Dornish girl who's also potentially the ruler of Dorne rather than risk his own butt in the endgame war against the Night King), and also Ellaria's story an ending (being willing to stay in her cell/keep up the charade/sacrifice herself so that her daughter can live and she can in turn can find something in her life more than pure revenge for Oberyn).... If Jaime is involved it could also be a first act of real defiance against Cersei, which moves his arc along.  Tyene's actual story on the other hand, honestly just goes from "died in a cell" to "goes to Dorne (with Bronn) and is never seen again".... either way, the result is basically the same.

That actually sounds good and makes sense, so naturally D&D won't include it.

17 hours ago, Epyon said:

I'm not sure it's as much about giving Tyene a story as giving Bronn's story an ending (retiring to sleep with a hot Dornish girl who's also potentially the ruler of Dorne rather than risk his own butt in the endgame war against the Night King), and also Ellaria's story an ending (being willing to stay in her cell/keep up the charade/sacrifice herself so that her daughter can live and she can in turn can find something in her life more than pure revenge for Oberyn).... If Jaime is involved it could also be a first act of real defiance against Cersei, which moves his arc along.  Tyene's actual story on the other hand, honestly just goes from "died in a cell" to "goes to Dorne (with Bronn) and is never seen again".... either way, the result is basically the same.

I like this idea of Tyene getting saved only because she's super adorable and it will give Bronn some screen time. Biggest problem with your suggestion tho' is Jaime. Show Myrcella does in fact die in Jaime's arms at the hand of Ellaria, hard to see him being inspired to help in any way. I'm afraid Bronn will have to go it sans Jaime which makes a successful rescue attempt considerably more difficult.

20 hours ago, Greywater-Watch said:

The signs (nose bleeding) hint at the fact, that the poison used for Myrcella and Bronn was the same.

However: Bronn got the poison in his blood, Myrcella only via skin contact or oral by licking her own lips.

Generally when you get poison in your blood it works MUCH faster.

So I wonder how Bronn could have survived so long, when Myrcella died so fast after being in contact with the poison.

Was Bronn really poisoned?

Or did the girls just played a game with him...???

Uuh, that was poison, you're going to die! Only my antidote may save you.

And Bronn snapped the bait...

9 hours ago, The Chequered Raven said:

Was Bronn really poisoned?

Or did the girls just played a game with him...???

Uuh, that was poison, you're going to die! Only my antidote may save you.

And Bronn snapped the bait...

He was clearly poisoned, because something was affecting him. Was it a non-lethal poison that would've passed on its own... I guess it's possible, but if I were him, I'd have taken the antidote too, it's not really the kind of situation where you take a chance.

Archived