*spoilers* Bran is 100% content, the end result from ADwD

Where's the human conflict?

When Jojen accepted his fate of dying:

"He want to go home," Meera told Bran. "He will not even try and fight his fate. He says the greendreams do not lie."
"He's being brave," said Bran. The only time a man can be brave is when he is afraid, his father had told him once, long ago, on the day they found the direwolf pups in the summer snows. He still remembered.
"He's being stupid," Meera said "I'd hoped when we found your three-eyed crow... now I wonder why we ever came."
For me, Bran thought. "His greendreams," he said.
"His greendreams." Meera's voice was bitter.
"Hodor," said Hodor.
Meera began to cry.

In the appendix of ADwD. It mentions Jojen twice: Once under House Stark, where it refers to Jojen's greendream as a blessing, and the other time under Beyond the Wall, where it refers to them as a curse

He fully drank the kool-aid or weirwood paste. He abstained from his identity as Bran Stark of Winterfell. He fully embraced himself as the 3ER. Both Reed kids are informing Bran you have a choice and in the last book, he choose. 

In the end, he will be Bran the Builder, rebuilding Westeros' human civilization after the purge the Night King laid on it.

I think this happens in a cycle.  Civilization builds up, with all the meanness and weakness of human society, CotF bring it crashing down using the Night King, lather, rinse, repeat.

The only thing I can't reconcile is that there is interaction between Westeros and Essos, so the new civilization wouldn't need to start with no technology or historical knowledge, unless the Citadel is also depopulated somehow, leaving writings to be rediscovered centuries later before the next purge.

Archived