Kaguya

Cersei's 'Mad Queen' hype

25 posts in this topic

Other than blowing up the Sept, Cercei has been acting the same in all 7 seasons. In the books she really goes crazy and has random court ladies arrested so Qyburn can do disgusting experiments on them.

Edited by Leto Atreides

5 hours ago, Leto Atreides said:

Other than blowing up the Sept, Cercei has been acting the same in all 7 seasons. In the books she really goes crazy and has random court ladies arrested so Qyburn can do disgusting experiments on them.

You get it at least 

There was no hype for Cersei the Mad Queen. Blowing up the sept? I don't see how it was worse than Tywin drowning the Reynes with their entire innocent household or sending the Mountain to kill, rape and pillage innocents in Riverland. Tywin did all of this and I don't remember people calling him 'Mad Tywin'. Other than that Cersei was always portrayed as a bit sympathetic, whos main redeeming quality was that she genuinely loved her children and really felt for them. Nothing has changed. Except before Cersei was portrayed as not that smart but now she is a political genius.

8 hours ago, Dofs said:

There was no hype for Cersei the Mad Queen. Blowing up the sept? I don't see how it was worse than Tywin drowning the Reynes with their entire innocent household or sending the Mountain to kill, rape and pillage innocents in Riverland. Tywin did all of this and I don't remember people calling him 'Mad Tywin'. Other than that Cersei was always portrayed as a bit sympathetic, whos main redeeming quality was that she genuinely loved her children and really felt for them. Nothing has changed. Except before Cersei was portrayed as not that smart but now she is a political genius.

The writers literally said that without her kids, we will see a new side of Cersei (referring to her redeeming qualities). 

1 hour ago, Kaguya said:

The writers literally said that without her kids, we will see a new side of Cersei (referring to her redeeming qualities). 

Well, 5 episodes in and the Cersei I see is actually better than the she was before, at least for now.