Which character in Game of Thrones is the most sympathetic?

Feologild

Olly

Starting out as an innocent boy, traumatized by witnessing the slaughter of his parents, trying to find a new family in the watch only to have his "big brother" (Jon) free the man leading the massacre on Ollys village instead of punishing him.

Enraged and rightfully feeling betrayed by this, he is coerced by a bunch of older watch members to partake in vigilante justice, clearly feeling heartbroken about having to commit this act.
But the poor boy still can't catch a break. His victim rises again as a vengeful zombie and ends his young life.

42 minutes ago, Rhollo said:

Olly

Starting out as an innocent boy, traumatized by witnessing the slaughter of his parents, trying to find a new family in the watch only to have his "big brother" (Jon) free the man leading the massacre on Ollys village instead of punishing him.

Enraged and rightfully feeling betrayed by this, he is coerced by a bunch of older watch members to partake in vigilante justice, clearly feeling heartbroken about having to commit this act.
But the poor boy still can't catch a break. His victim rises again as a vengeful zombie and ends his young life.

It would have been better if Jon Snow ate Olly.

On 8/1/2017 at 8:17 PM, MilesJames said:

Ramsay Bolton. Has many of the same urges and desires as me. Always the good guy of the series, ends up getting betrayed by his best freinds...Honestly it made me tearbup. 

Have you forgot about:

-His poor father poisoned by his enemies?

-His childhood sweetheart killed by his so called best friend?

-His beloved wife taken away from him? 

-Butchered & eaten alive by his pups he took care of for years?

The way the question is asked I understood it to mean who had the most sympathy for other people, but others seem to be reading it as who elicits the most sympathy. 

Tyrion, Sam, Jon and Margery I think are all truly sympathetic, although Jon's is understandably tempered by bitterness and the hardness necessary for the the things he's had to do (and yet to do).

As for who elicits the most sympathy, well really all of the Stark children (except Robb) because they all have had to endure horrifying things at young ages.  Also Sam and Tyrion. And I actually fell sorry for Jaime. There is good in him that wants to come out but he has been ruined by a heartless father and an evil sister and the reputation of kingslayer which he doesn't deserve. 

Archived