THEORY: Bran will learn that's its wrong to warg into other people in the most horrifying way possible.

animalia

This theory is based of of theories I seem to recall hearing here and there (sorry that I can't recall where I heard them, I would love to be able to be able to provide a source).

Let's start from the beginning. OK first there is the scene in Dance With Dragons where Bloodraven said he was watching Bran since before he was born. This tell us his plans for Bran have gone back a LONG time.

I remember reading/hearing somewhere that some people have speculated that at least one of the reasons the Bloodraven is raising Bran into a Greenseer so that he will have a powerful enough body that he can warg into and take control of when his current body reaches the end of its line.

This leads to my theory, which is really no more then an obvious extension of this. Bloodraven's plan will backfire on him and Bran will be strong enough to fight him off.* However the trauma involved in doing so will finally make it so Bran can no longer deny that what he has been doing to Hodar is wrong. Of course this being the craptastic world of Westeros I wouldn't be surprised if circumstances make it so Bran has to do it to save everybody's lives anyways, even after he learns that it is wrong to do so.

*This asterisk is because even though I believe that Bran end up be firmly in control. I would not be surprised if a small bit of Bloodraven remains, possibly permanently attached to Bran's soul. As for why I think that I plan to address that in another post, that will PRIMARILY deal with the true nature of A Song Of Ice And Fire" and why I believe it refers to more then just John Snow. However why that will be the main focus of said post it will also in many ways be a theory mega post bringing many theories together using that as it's central theme (or at least one of it's central theme's). And while most of said theories have already been established by fans, to my knowledge this one hasn't been so I wanted to go ahead and get this one out of the way so that the ground work would already be established.

But Bran in your opinion will be able to fight off the most powerful (at least until now) wargen without much training? Despitethe fact bloodraven is doing that shit for at least some decades? We simply don't have that much information on how the warging thing works in people, we see one person being killed and being transfered to another "body" and the experience seems very traumatic to the host. Bran don't have physical power left due to his motion loss and if he wins will only be by natural talent rather than training.

3 hours ago, Ser Loras The Gay said:

But Bran in your opinion will be able to fight off the most powerful (at least until now) wargen without much training? Despitethe fact bloodraven is doing that shit for at least some decades? We simply don't have that much information on how the warging thing works in people, we see one person being killed and being transfered to another "body" and the experience seems very traumatic to the host. Bran don't have physical power left due to his motion loss and if he wins will only be by natural talent rather than training.

Yes it would be by Natural talent according to my theory. Well there MIGHT be a little more to it. In any case I am going to save that for my next post. I hope to have said post up either today or tomorrow but I don't want to make promises as I need to do research for it.

A warg is a term for a skinchanger who bonds/slips into wolves, full stop. So, when Bran enters another person he's skinchanging, not warging. :)

With that out of the way, Bran will skinchange into another human, and not anyone who's w/ him in the CotF cave. It will happen when Stannis brings Theon before the heart tree. ;)

On 8/1/2017 at 5:09 PM, kissdbyfire said:

A warg is a term for a skinchanger who bonds/slips into wolves, full stop. So, when Bran enters another person he's skinchanging, not warging. :)

With that out of the way, Bran will skinchange into another human, and not anyone who's w/ him in the CotF cave. It will happen when Stannis brings Theon before the heart tree. ;)

Highly likely and greatly anticipated.:D

32 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Ditto! :D

It will be very interesting at least if it happens. 

Nevertheless I do want Bran to realize skinchanging Hodor is wrong. 

24 minutes ago, Tijgy said:

It will be very interesting at least if it happens. 

Nevertheless I do want Bran to realize skinchanging Hodor is wrong. 

Hodor is wrong, I agree. Now, someone who is willing is a different story. :)

Archived