Total solar eclipse

MisterOJ

On 8/4/2017 at 1:27 PM, Ded As Ned said:

We'll be at 95% totality here... so if the weather's nice I'll stay put.  If it's going to be cloudy/rainy here I plan to load up and try to drive south/west to better weather and totality... so @MisterOJ we might come to visit! 

You're more than welcome to set up a chair in my front yard and park in my driveway. I've made the same offer to a bunch of friends. Here in Russellville, we're supposed to get two and a half minutes of total darkness because of the eclipse. It should be pretty epic here.

I'm so excited.  School lets out right as the eclipse is happening but I just found out that our county will be keeping kids at schools for an hour later that day so I'll be able to drive a little bit north to catch it before I need to pick them up!!

And in the nutjob camp we have:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/technology/news/article.cfm?c_id=5&objectid=11900859

Conspiracy theorists around the world are claiming that a planet will collide with Earth this September - and that the coming solar eclipse will signal the apocalypse's beginning.

David Meade, author of Planet X - The 2017 Arrival, asserts the planet Nibiru (also known as Planet X) will crash into our own on September 23.

Archived