Jon Targaryen teases continue...

On 8/3/2017 at 4:19 AM, Future Null Infinity said:

Yes, they are teasing Jon is a Targ.

D&D can go to hell with their cheap tricks, "I'm not a Stark" made my head spinning, it's not in his story nor in his character to say such thing, they just throw the biggest part of his story out of the window.

A

On 8/7/2017 at 4:54 AM, Gala said:

I am interested do you really think that only full Targs? (not that Dany is a full Targ too, by the way, the closest non-Targ she had as an ancestor is Betha Blackwood, her great-grandmother, and she is not the only non-Targ in their family tree)
In the show we do not know who and how the dragons choose their riders.
In the books, though, it seems that anyone who dared to challenge the dragon could ride it (if this dragon has no rider), thus, during the Dance they (the Blacks) had spare dragons and needed dragonriders, so many people that thought to have any amount of Valyrian blood tried to ride the dragons and some succeeded. And few "pure blood" Targs were killed by the dragons (e.g. Rhaenyra's son tried to ride her dragon and dragon killed him). 

Having been playing Crusader Kings 2 Game of Thrones Century of Blood for the last few weeks. I think that Dragons were more prefarable to Valyrian families. The Targaryens being the last known one remaining. However non Valyrian riders were possible.

Im guessing a dragons preference was 
Pure Valyrian 
Less Pure Valyrian

Non Valyrian in that order

The less Valyrian blood someone had the more chance they had to be killed when they trying to face a Dragon.

Also might I add a Dragon had a natural life span of upto around 200 years barring being killed. Hence its more than likely a Dragon would have several riders in its life time. A dragon probably would choose a rider from the same family. And if the family went extinct would probably only then choose a rider from a different family.

2 hours ago, pinoyathletics said:

Having been playing Crusader Kings 2 Game of Thrones Century of Blood for the last few weeks. I think that Dragons were more prefarable to Valyrian families. The Targaryens being the last known one remaining. However non Valyrian riders were possible.

Im guessing a dragons preference was 
Pure Valyrian 
Less Pure Valyrian

Non Valyrian in that order

The less Valyrian blood someone had the more chance they had to be killed when they trying to face a Dragon.

Also might I add a Dragon had a natural life span of upto around 200 years barring being killed. Hence its more than likely a Dragon would have several riders in its life time. A dragon probably would choose a rider from the same family. And if the family went extinct would probably only then choose a rider from a different family.

Probably, it is like that, unfortunately, I haven't played this game
It seems that most of Lys (including commoners) are possible dragonriders, since they're decendance of Old Valyria and share the looks and blood of Valyrians.
Anyway my point was that anyone could challenge the dragon and be accepted by the dragon, for all we know.

Archived