Samwell_Tarly

Bran is the Night King

43 posts in this topic

Sorry if this has been posted before but I did a little search and nothing has come up. After Brans little creepy episode, his emotionless robotic style must mean something, are they building him up to be the villain of the story. Well heres why I think Bran could be the Night King.

  • Warging Abilities - He can warg animals/humans. Maybe this could possibly hint at the fact Bran might warg the nights King, rather than age or transform into him.
  • Time Travelling - Bran has already created one time travelling conflict. Bran created the injury to Hodor. When the Three-Eyed Raven says the ''Ink is dry'', we actually now know it isnt but more a metaphor to the fact that it shouldnt be re written or messed with.
  • Hounds vision - Does this mean that Brans presence at the Wall is connected to the NK
  • WW creation - Bran saw all this in his training - his reaction to Leaf creating the WW as a defence against the first men was to flinch a way that suggested it was like the shard was going into him, like all them years ago he was that man. He could possibly go back in time to save the Children of the Forest, consequently becoming the NK.
  • Leafs confession -  Leaf explains why she and the other children of the forest created the WW, she says ''we needed to defend ourselves......from you'' after a light pause she then says ''from men'', was this a slip up and was aimed directly at Bran. As said maybe he travels back to save the children of the forest after hes messed around with his own time stream, unintentionally allowing them to turn him into a monster.
  • Men can only become WW - The WW have been using Crasters son to increase their regime. Bran is magically gifted so it's possible that this ability could be explained not only by the Night King's origins, but by Bran's powers acting as a channel.
  • Bran was touched - Unlike any other vision that NK was able to see him and touch him therefore nullifying any power that stopped them entering the cave. The reason why the NK was able to see Bran is because they are already physically connected due to being the same person.
  • Identity crisis - Jojen called Bran the raven foreseeing his training with the three eyed raven. When Bran is touched, the three eyed raven says 'its time for you to become me' this could essentially mean he will need to adopt different identities to ensure the fate of the word.

Is this plausible?, please discuss, Id love to know what people think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes the powers are exactly the same except Nights King can do everything Bran can and then some considering he is Bran but 8000 years older. Maybe The Night King wanted to kill the 3 eyed raven for not warning him of what he might become. 

Its a paradox. The ink is already dry. Its like on the Time Machine when the main character tries to go back in time to save his wife. But everytime he does she dies a different way. Same with Bran going back he creates a time loop. Its kind of like the force in Final Destination that keeps time flowing smoothly and makes sure final outcomes cant be prevented.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like this idea, although it hurt my head to think about it!

Bran is definitely heading down a dark road in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This has been mooted in the book forums, maybe Bran isn't a good guy after all. However I think it has more to do with his concern with the real fight which is of ice and fire he is not interested in the game of thrones as in who is king/queen in KL. His robotic 'chat' with Sansa was showing her he is aware of everything, now, in the past and the future. It just that he hasn't made sense of how it fits together. It was clear he is only interested in seeing Jon as he too must have some of the powers that Bran has. He does not yet know he can wrag snow (and maybe dragons). Sansa no longer has a direwolf and with littlefingers tutelage is playing the game of thrones. Of the Starks she was always the one who as most southron like. I wonder if that man that leaf turned into the NK was a stark. A Brandon stark, there seems to be one in every generation and is this why there must be a stark in winterfell. Some sort of deal done so the NK wouldn't attack one of their own? This is clearly mentioned and there has to be some reason for it.

We know bran can affect the timeline. Hodor is a clear example and the young Ned sensed him at the tower of joy. With more training he will be able to influence past events, but this is dangerous. He does say to sansa he needs more training. I don't think he is or will be the NK, but there is some connection with the starks. Somehow it is bran and jon who will have to sort out this mess. Interesting also that Arya and Nymeria scene, as she too must have wraging ability. But is that being passed up because of budgets. Three wraging starks and three dragons, might be interesting. Sorry gone a bit off your post, but I think there is something in the link especially the wording of Leaf's confession, that cannot be an accident. My feeling is the starks and the WW and CotF are connected somehow, as to how ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

Sorry if this has been posted before but I did a little search and nothing has come up. After Brans little creepy episode, his emotionless robotic style must mean something, are they building him up to be the villain of the story. Well heres why I think Bran could be the Night King.

  • Warging Abilities - He can warg animals/humans. Maybe this could possibly hint at the fact Bran might warg the nights King, rather than age or transform into him.
  • Time Travelling - Bran has already created one time travelling conflict. Bran created the injury to Hodor. When the Three-Eyed Raven says the ''Ink is dry'', we actually now know it isnt but more a metaphor to the fact that it shouldnt be re written or messed with.
  • Hounds vision - Does this mean that Brans presence at the Wall is connected to the NK
  • WW creation - Bran saw all this in his training - his reaction to Leaf creating the WW as a defence against the first men was to flinch a way that suggested it was like the shard was going into him, like all them years ago he was that man. He could possibly go back in time to save the Children of the Forest, consequently becoming the NK.
  • Leafs confession -  Leaf explains why she and the other children of the forest created the WW, she says ''we needed to defend ourselves......from you'' after a light pause she then says ''from men'', was this a slip up and was aimed directly at Bran. As said maybe he travels back to save the children of the forest after hes messed around with his own time stream, unintentionally allowing them to turn him into a monster.
  • Men can only become WW - The WW have been using Crasters son to increase their regime. Bran is magically gifted so it's possible that this ability could be explained not only by the Night King's origins, but by Bran's powers acting as a channel.
  • Bran was touched - Unlike any other vision that NK was able to see him and touch him therefore nullifying any power that stopped them entering the cave. The reason why the NK was able to see Bran is because they are already physically connected due to being the same person.
  • Identity crisis - Jojen called Bran the raven foreseeing his training with the three eyed raven. When Bran is touched, the three eyed raven says 'its time for you to become me' this could essentially mean he will need to adopt different identities to ensure the fate of the word.

Is this plausible?, please discuss, Id love to know what people think.

Interesting thoughts!

Sometimes the writing of the show is so simplistic and bad that it leads to some confusion.

I am 95% certain that Bran is not the Night King (I don't think they could handle the paradox of the Night King being alive at the same time and space than actually Bran as the main reason) but I'll answer to you the main thing:

his acting is actually a consequence of they wanting him to play it this way because they wanted to show how psychology damaged some characters are (see Bran, Theon) when something is huge. In Bran's case, they decided it's the amount of information downloaded in such a ashorter time period of time.[Interview link]

However, this is a plothole, since Bran was zero damaged last season after the incident, and Jon's resurrection had zero consequences on him.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/07/30/game-of-thrones-bran-stark-reunion/

I can't find the one from the showrunners right now

Edited by Meera of Tarth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

Sorry if this has been posted before but I did a little search and nothing has come up. After Brans little creepy episode, his emotionless robotic style must mean something, are they building him up to be the villain of the story. Well heres why I think Bran could be the Night King.

  • Warging Abilities - He can warg animals/humans. Maybe this could possibly hint at the fact Bran might warg the nights King, rather than age or transform into him.
  • Time Travelling - Bran has already created one time travelling conflict. Bran created the injury to Hodor. When the Three-Eyed Raven says the ''Ink is dry'', we actually now know it isnt but more a metaphor to the fact that it shouldnt be re written or messed with.
  • Hounds vision - Does this mean that Brans presence at the Wall is connected to the NK
  • WW creation - Bran saw all this in his training - his reaction to Leaf creating the WW as a defence against the first men was to flinch a way that suggested it was like the shard was going into him, like all them years ago he was that man. He could possibly go back in time to save the Children of the Forest, consequently becoming the NK.
  • Leafs confession -  Leaf explains why she and the other children of the forest created the WW, she says ''we needed to defend ourselves......from you'' after a light pause she then says ''from men'', was this a slip up and was aimed directly at Bran. As said maybe he travels back to save the children of the forest after hes messed around with his own time stream, unintentionally allowing them to turn him into a monster.
  • Men can only become WW - The WW have been using Crasters son to increase their regime. Bran is magically gifted so it's possible that this ability could be explained not only by the Night King's origins, but by Bran's powers acting as a channel.
  • Bran was touched - Unlike any other vision that NK was able to see him and touch him therefore nullifying any power that stopped them entering the cave. The reason why the NK was able to see Bran is because they are already physically connected due to being the same person.
  • Identity crisis - Jojen called Bran the raven foreseeing his training with the three eyed raven. When Bran is touched, the three eyed raven says 'its time for you to become me' this could essentially mean he will need to adopt different identities to ensure the fate of the word.

Is this plausible?, please discuss, Id love to know what people think.

I have long suspected this.  If Bran has truly been most/all the Brandons of House Stark, I imagine it's conceivable that he could indeed be the NK as well.  Especially since it's theorized that the NK was initially a Stark, or, more specifically, a Brandon Stark. There has been so little about the NK explained on the show, as well as Bran's role in everything, other than being the new 3 eyed raven.  I think this one has legs.  The only thing that confuses me, is why would Bloodraven not mentioned that to Bran from the jump?  I think that is how training should have started out, if Bran is really the NK.  Bloodraven would've seen that, right?  Also, if Bran is the NK, and also Bran the Builder, why create a wall to protect you from you?  If you can answer those questions, I might be sold...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Meera of Tarth said:

his acting is actually a consequence of they wanting him to play it this way because they wanted to show how psychology damaged some characters are (see Bran, Theon) when something is huge. In Bran's case, they decided it's the amount of information downloaded in such a ashorter time period of time.[Interview link]

However, this is a plothole, since Bran was zero damaged last season after the incident, and Jon's resurrection had zero consequences on him.

:lol:  You're right -- these DuDes are in over their heads!

I just reviewed Bran's scenes with Meera and Uncle Benjen in the last season, following the ostensible info overload, in which Bran seemed emotionally intact (at that time, if I recall, people were complaining that he seemed too emotionally well under the circumstances, e.g. not mourning Summer or Hodor)!  In fact, he was more excited to meet up again with Uncle Benjen the cold-blooded wight than his warm-blooded sister Sansa!  Maybe he's just been reading too much of the weirnet encylopedia in the interim.

They need Jon and Dany to have sex -- so Jon can't have suffered any damage in any department...that's another reason I guess they vaporised Ghost, turning him into a literal ghost onscreen (see -- it's a metaphorical allusion :P)...don't need a direwolf coming between Jon and a full embrace of his Targaryen GRANDE DESTINEE, complete with dragon-'riding' in more ways than one... (I guess they don't need Bran to have sex with anyone, so he's been rendered entirely socially dysfunctional out of the blue, poor Bran...) ;) 

Edited by ravenous reader

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, ravenous reader said:

:lol:  You're right -- these DuDes are in over their heads!

I just reviewed Bran's scenes with Meera and Uncle Benjen in the last season, following the ostensible info overload, in which Bran seemed emotionally intact (at that time, if I recall, people were complaining that he seemed too emotionally well under the circumstances, e.g. not mourning Summer or Hodor)!  In fact, he was more excited to meet up again with Uncle Benjen the cold-blooded wight than his warm-blooded sister Sansa!  Maybe he's just been reading too much of the weirnet encylopedia in the interim.

They need Jon and Dany to have sex -- so Jon can't have suffered any damage in any department...that's another reason I guess they vaporised Ghost, turning him into a literal ghost onscreen (see -- it's a metaphorical allusion :P)...don't need a direwolf coming between Jon and a full embrace of his Targaryen GRANDE DESTINEE, complete with dragon-'riding' in more ways than one... (I guess they don't need Bran to have sex with anyone, so he's been rendered entirely socially dysfunctional out of the blue, poor Bran...) ;) 

Exactly. This decision about Bran (suddenly! Oh!) Makes no sense if Jon is completely fine (well he is just ashamed to tell Dany about it in their first date) and not only that......but it leads to him perfecly fine ofM having sex!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bran the Timelord!  Finally people are coming around.

Bran was also the Knight of the Laughing Tree (warged either Lyanna or Howland), probably also Bran the Builder, possibly his own uncle Brandon AND... possibly Jon's father at the end of the day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bran is already the villain in my mind - his crimes are (1) being incredibly boring, (2) making the entire story pointless and inconsequential by having omniscent and time altering powers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Exactly. This decision about Bran (suddenly! Oh!) Makes no sense if Jon is completely fine (well he is just ashamed to tell Dany about it in their first date) and not only that......but it leads to him perfecly fine ofM having sex!

To add to that, GRRM's been quoted, commenting with reference to the show and throwing the fandom into a tizzy, saying that Jon is a 'fire wight' now just like Beric, moreover stipulating that such 'fire wights' do not have blood running through their veins or pumping hearts, introducing a little complication as to how Jon will manage to -- how should I put this delicately -- 'get it up' (last I heard, a male's erection is contingent upon blood flow and hearts-a-pumping, so I don't see how this is feasible...).  OK -- I'm being too literal? (LOL)  Suspension of disbelief time:  Perhaps Jon has a magical dragon penis called Puff, which just flies up by itself upon hearing the word 'Dracarys!' (better than 'Viagra'!) without any need of such circulatory logistics to surmount?  Maybe if that doesn't work and Dany is getting impatient, Bran swoops in on the action and skinchanges Jon's uncooperative member for him, saying 'fly or die, goddammit!' while Tormund gives rousing encouragement in the background 'Har!'...oh, I forgot, he's at Castle Black or Eastwatch, but never mind the logistics, bring him over for the 'wedding', the more the merrier; it'll be such a great scene; I can see it now -- high farce, even better than lots of shitty bowls of brown (new creepy Bran seems to enjoy inhabiting the peeping-tom role on other people's wedding nights, right, so mayhaps he'll give his brother a little assistance?  -- Oh, cara @Cridefea, where are you -- now I know why it's called 'uccello' in Italian! ;))

 

9 hours ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

Sorry if this has been posted before but I did a little search and nothing has come up. After Brans little creepy episode, his emotionless robotic style must mean something, are they building him up to be the villain of the story.

Very possibly.

Quote

Well heres why I think Bran could be the Night King.

  • Warging Abilities - He can warg animals/humans. Maybe this could possibly hint at the fact Bran might warg the nights King, rather than age or transform into him.

It's possible for a skinchanger to take over any host body, provided he's powerful enough, even that of another skinchanger or the elements (like wind, ice, stone) themselves.  In that case, however, who would you say is currently animating the Night's King?

Quote
  • Time Travelling - Bran has already created one time travelling conflict. Bran created the injury to Hodor. When the Three-Eyed Raven says the ''Ink is dry'', we actually now know it isnt but more a metaphor to the fact that it shouldnt be re written or messed with.

Could you elaborate on how exactly you imagine Bran's time travels created the Night's King -- enumerating the steps involved, please?

Quote
  • Hounds vision - Does this mean that Brans presence at the Wall is connected to the NK

What exactly about the vision connects it to Bran?  You're suggesting Bran crossing the Wall somehow facilitates the Night's King crossing?  I thought in the Hound's vision he saw the army of the dead was going around the Wall, not through it.

Quote
  • WW creation - Bran saw all this in his training - his reaction to Leaf creating the WW as a defence against the first men was to flinch a way that suggested it was like the shard was going into him, like all them years ago he was that man.

Could be.  In the books (you're familiar with the series?) there's a similar scene in which Bran has a visceral reaction to the sacrifice of a captive to the Winterfell heart tree:

Quote

A Dance with Dragons - Bran III

Then, as he watched, a bearded man forced a captive down onto his knees before the heart tree. A white-haired woman stepped toward them through a drift of dark red leaves, a bronze sickle in her hand.

"No," said Bran, "no, don't," but they could not hear him, no more than his father had. The woman grabbed the captive by the hair, hooked the sickle round his throat, and slashed. And through the mist of centuries the broken boy could only watch as the man's feet drummed against the earth … but as his life flowed out of him in a red tide, Brandon Stark could taste the blood.

The weirwood seems to preserve the memories of those sacrificed to it, and to provide the greenseer an empathetic and telepathic connection to those who have 'gone into the tree'.  Perhaps in some sense then the Night's King has a connection to the weirnet.  I don't think it necessarily means Bran is the Night's King and every Brandon Stark in history.  Although, I believe the man sacrificed in both the book and show scene is named Brandon Stark!

 

Quote
  • He could possibly go back in time to save the Children of the Forest, consequently becoming the NK.

How does this work?

Quote
  • Leafs confession -  Leaf explains why she and the other children of the forest created the WW, she says ''we needed to defend ourselves......from you'' after a light pause she then says ''from men'', was this a slip up and was aimed directly at Bran.

Good point.

Quote
  • As said maybe he travels back to save the children of the forest after hes messed around with his own time stream, unintentionally allowing them to turn him into a monster.

I'm intrigued as to how you think D&D are going to depict this onscreen in the time remaining?!  

Quote
  • Men can only become WW - The WW have been using Crasters son to increase their regime. Bran is magically gifted so it's possible that this ability could be explained not only by the Night King's origins, but by Bran's powers acting as a channel.

You're suggesting the Children of the Forest are responsible for Bran's magical gifts, having conferred these to him when they created the first White Walker, who is actually him?  I'm not quite sure what you mean by 'Bran's powers acting as a channel' -- channel for what?  

Quote
  • Bran was touched - Unlike any other vision that NK was able to see him and touch him therefore nullifying any power that stopped them entering the cave. The reason why the NK was able to see Bran is because they are already physically connected due to being the same person.

Not necessarily.  One greenseer/skinchanger can always recognise another, according to GRRM's book, and as evidenced in the show by how Bran can see the 3ER who stands alongside him in the virtual dream platform, although they are not the same person.  In that case, the 3ER and Bran are also additionally connected to each other via weirnet.  That's also the reason young Hodor (Wylis) was able to see Bran in the Winterfell courtyard, despite them not technically being the same person, i.e. in that moment old Hodor is being skinchanged by Bran, so a connection is established.

Quote
  • Identity crisis - Jojen called Bran the raven foreseeing his training with the three eyed raven. When Bran is touched, the three eyed raven says 'its time for you to become me' this could essentially mean he will need to adopt different identities to ensure the fate of the word.

He certainly has an identity crisis!  The weirnet is a collective 'hivemind' identity.

Quote

Is this plausible?, please discuss, Id love to know what people think.

It probably is plausible.  Do I like it -- no.  But at least it will please the masses to have Dany and the dragons -- the real heroes of the story -- burning now-personalityless Bran and his icy army to death, with Jon no doubt being the one to deliver the killing blow to his own brother.  

Edited by ravenous reader

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ravenous reader said:

To add to that, GRRM's been quoted, commenting with reference to the show and throwing the fandom into a tizzy, saying that Jon is a 'fire wight' now just like Beric, moreover stipulating that such 'fire wights' do not have blood running through their veins or pumping hearts, introducing a little complication as to how Jon will manage to -- how should I put this delicately -- 'get it up' (last I heard, a male's erection is contingent upon blood flow and hearts-a-pumping, so I don't see how this is feasible...).

Wight's blood is supposed to pool in their extremities, there doesn't appear to be any in his hands or feet, so it must have all gone elsewhere...

It would explain why he is so grateful for Dany, if he's had an incessant erection since the start of season 6. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Horse of Kent said:

Wight's blood is supposed to pool in their extremities, there doesn't appear to be any in his hands or feet, so it must have all gone elsewhere...

It would explain why he is so grateful for Dany, if he's had an incessant erection since the start of season 6. 

LOL.  Not to mention that priapism is a medical emergency...but we'll let all logic slide into the abyss as we enjoy the cinematography...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, ravenous reader said:

It's possible for a skinchanger to take over any host body, provided he's powerful enough, even that of another skinchanger or the elements (like wind, ice, stone) themselves.  In that case, however, who would you say is currently animating the Night's King?

He is, in a different time frame.

18 hours ago, ravenous reader said:

Could you elaborate on how exactly you imagine Bran's time travels created the Night's King -- enumerating the steps involved, please?

He went back in time to save the children of the forest from the first men, and sacrificed himself. Not really sure why the WW/NK turned against the CotF, ive been looking into this.

18 hours ago, ravenous reader said:

What exactly about the vision connects it to Bran?  You're suggesting Bran crossing the Wall somehow facilitates the Night's King crossing?  I thought in the Hound's vision he saw the army of the dead was going around the Wall, not through it.

Just seems a little bit pointless if part/all of the wall doesnt come down and a little piece of land freezes over and they can walk round, sort of makes the wall pointless. Again was just speculation and clawing at some small shreds.

18 hours ago, ravenous reader said:

Could be.  In the books (you're familiar with the series?) there's a similar scene in which Bran has a visceral reaction to the sacrifice of a captive to the Winterfell heart tree:

The weirwood seems to preserve the memories of those sacrificed to it, and to provide the greenseer an empathetic and telepathic connection to those who have 'gone into the tree'.  Perhaps in some sense then the Night's King has a connection to the weirnet.  I don't think it necessarily means Bran is the Night's King and every Brandon Stark in history.  Although, I believe the man sacrificed in both the book and show scene is named Brandon Stark!

Unforunately Im not no.

18 hours ago, ravenous reader said:

 

How does this work?

As said Bran time travels to the point were the children were been destroyed and consequently becomes the NK.

18 hours ago, ravenous reader said:

Good point.

I'm intrigued as to how you think D&D are going to depict this onscreen in the time remaining?!  

Im not sure would certainly be interesting if it does happen but again just speculation.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

22 hours ago, ravenous reader said:

To add to that, GRRM's been quoted, commenting with reference to the show and throwing the fandom into a tizzy, saying that Jon is a 'fire wight' now just like Beric, moreover stipulating that such 'fire wights' do not have blood running through their veins or pumping hearts, introducing a little complication as to how Jon will manage to -- how should I put this delicately -- 'get it up' (last I heard, a male's erection is contingent upon blood flow and hearts-a-pumping, so I don't see how this is feasible...).  OK -- I'm being too literal? (LOL)  Suspension of disbelief time:  Perhaps Jon has a magical dragon penis called Puff, which just flies up by itself upon hearing the word 'Dracarys!' (better than 'Viagra'!) without any need of such circulatory logistics to surmount?

:lmao:

22 hours ago, ravenous reader said:

 Maybe if that doesn't work and Dany is getting impatient, Bran swoops in on the action and skinchanges Jon's uncooperative member for him, saying 'fly or die, goddammit!' while Tormund gives rousing encouragement in the background 'Har!'...oh, I forgot, he's at Castle Black or Eastwatch, but never mind the logistics, bring him over for the 'wedding', the more the merrier; it'll be such a great scene; I can see it now -- high farce, even better than lots of shitty bowls of brown (new creepy Bran seems to enjoy inhabiting the peeping-tom role on other people's wedding nights, right, so mayhaps he'll give his brother a little assistance?

If Bran is dic(k)tating such passion, perhaps he should have an impressive title like our dragon queen.  No need for kneeling unless in certain positions circumstances.  Something like this.........

Please stand to attention for Brandon Stark, specialist in broken swords, warger of willy's, controller of cocks and vanquisher of Viagra. Foreskinchanger, manipulating minds of members, a seer some say specialises slipping schlongs, controller of elements (the pillar) and the stones and master of the hollow hill. 

Thinking how this will play out in the books ;) perhaps Bloodraven would be the better choice.  He is after all a one-eyed snake rooted within the hollow hill already, and he is a Targ, so keep it in the family, right?  Targ three way anyone?  :P 

Lord of the caves, cave entrances, hollow hills, broken swords, bloody swords and their scabbards...........Okay, I'll stop now.  :ph34r:

18 hours ago, ravenous reader said:

LOL.  Not to mention that priapism is a medical emergency...but we'll let all logic slide into the abyss as we enjoy the cinematography...

LOL.  So is being stabbed in the belly numerous times.  And the heart for that matter, it makes no odds, the Starks keep rising harder and.....oh shit wrong House.  Apologies for not stopping when I said I would.  :lol:

Edited by Wizz-The-Smith

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, Wizz-The-Smith said:

:lmao:

Oh my lord Wizzy, you are really running with Bran's new role...It's certainly more entertaining than what 'bighead and littlehead' have come up with!

Quote

If Bran is dic(k)tating such passion

Indeed -- limpwristed himself (have you noticed that the actor has been instructed to not move his arms in addition to his legs, in keeping with his new robotic personality and possibly in solidarity with Jaime), nevertheless he is the conductor of other men's batons; he sings the body electric, even with a deadpan face!  He is a mesmerizing contradic(k)tion...:lol: 

Quote

 

, perhaps he should have an impressive title like our dragon queen.  No need for kneeling unless in certain positions circumstances

Naughty wizard...I peck you with my bloody beak (only pretend reproach).

Quote

Something like this.........

Please stand to attention for Brandon Stark

All rise...(Bran's the Night's King, after all -- so all rise...the limp, the spent, the forsaken; no slackers please...) ;)

 

Quote

'Edd,' they'll say, 'dying's no excuse for lying down no more, so get on up and take this spear, you've got the watch tonight.  

(ASOS - Samwell II)

Edd's right -- dying's no excuse for any member lying down and not performing.  Dany will demand her unceasing satisfaction from her loyal thralls subjects, even after death -- so get on up! :

 

 

Quote

 

, specialist in broken swords

That's a good one!  

Quote

 

, warger of willy's, controller of cocks and vanquisher of Viagra. Foreskinchanger,

 

Well you've heard of Varamyr Sixskins -- so I guess there has to be a Fourskins ...?

Quote

 

manipulating minds of members, a seer some say specialises slipping schlongs, controller of elements (the pillar) and the stones and master of the hollow hill. 

If you're having trouble with the pillar and stones, you need Brandon the Builder (or GRRM the architect), specialist in erections and demolitions.  If you're struggling to coax the old root and stem to grow in your direction, you need a Gardener (there's a 'Brandon' at the ready for every occasion)...

'Manipulating minds of members' might come in handy with Tyrion -- Cersei accuses him of listening exclusively to the worm between his legs (if only Bran could worm his way in there and infiltrate the mind of the enemy, he could bring down an empire):

Quote

A Clash of Kings - Tyrion XII

"Perhaps I'm dangerous too. You, on the other hand, are as big a fool as every other man. That worm between your legs does half your thinking."

Tyrion licked the crumbs off his fingers. He did not like his sister's smile. "Yes, and just now my worm is thinking that perhaps it is time I took my leave."

"Are you unwell, brother?" She leaned forward, giving him a good look at the top of her breasts. "Suddenly you appear somewhat flustered."

 

 

Quote

Thinking how this will play out in the books ;) 

Unfortunately, I surmise so is GRRM!  Perhaps he'll catch up with my ideas for some inspiration (I'm the devil's muse, after all)...he he.

Quote

perhaps Bloodraven would be the better choice.  He is after all a one-eyed snake rooted within the hollow hill already, and he is a Targ, so keep it in the family, right?  Targ three way anyone?  :P 

Yeah, for sure.  The dragon has three heads...;););)   I'm still a bit flabbergasted that some such as Puppy (Clegane's Pup) remain unconvinced there is any phallic imagery going on in that cave (the 'wedding' to the trees with its attendant consummation...'milk snakes,' 'wooden serpents,' 'grave worms', roots 'burrowing through breeches' and stabbing 'thighs'...Bloodraven has spent a lifetime in that cave being schooled in the not-so-gentle arts of penetration...).

Quote

Lord of the caves, cave entrances, hollow hills, broken swords, bloody swords and their scabbards...........Okay, I'll stop now.  :ph34r:

Yes, you've outdone yourself and brought all my nennys to moaning and groaning -- whether from frustration or pleasure, I'll leave shrouded in mystery...:P

Quote

LOL.  So is being stabbed in the belly numerous times.  And the heart for that matter, it makes no odds, the Starks keep rising harder and.....oh shit wrong House.  Apologies for not stopping when I said I would.  :lol:

You're unstoppable, now that you've risen to attendance at Brandon Stark's behest, the indisputable King of the Night and ultimate master over all its (1000 and one-) eyes, spies, sighs, pries, thighs, flies, highs, cries, and my-oh-mys...  (maybe Sam also got some help from Bran hoisting the sails on that infamous fat pink mast...) 

 

 

I've just realized why Bran has diverted from the good path and needs to be checked -- 'the man who passes the sentence must swing the sword'...since when does this admonition include bran(dishing) other men's swords?  Abomination!  

(P.S.  You know 'Stark' in German means 'strong'...so, no, I don't think you got the wrong house at all!)

 

Edited by ravenous reader

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ravenous reader said:

Oh my lord Wizzy, you are really running with Bran's new role...It's certainly more entertaining than what 'bighead and littlehead' have come up with!

I liked your theory and ran with it.  :P

1 hour ago, ravenous reader said:

Indeed -- limpwristed himself (have you noticed that the actor has been instructed to not move his arms in addition to his legs, in keeping with his new robotic personality and possibly in solidarity with Jaime), nevertheless he is the conductor of other men's batons; he sings the body electric, even with a deadpan face!  He is a mesmerizing contradic(k)tion...:lol: 

I hadn't noticed that, but now you mention it yes he does seem to have lost the use of his arms. Lol to the rest.

1 hour ago, ravenous reader said:

Naughty wizard...I peck you with my bloody beak (only pretend reproach).

You started it.  ;)

1 hour ago, ravenous reader said:

All rise...(Bran's the Night's King, after all -- so all rise...the limp, the spent, the forsaken; no slackers please...) ;)

Haha, he needs his arms for that.

1 hour ago, ravenous reader said:

That's a good one!  

Thanks, at least one of them was good, the law of averages and all that.  Loving James Brown. :)

1 hour ago, ravenous reader said:

Well you've heard of Varamyr Sixskins -- so I guess there has to be a Fourskins ...?

Exactly.

1 hour ago, ravenous reader said:

If you're having trouble with the pillar and stones, you need Brandon the Builder (or GRRM the architect), specialist in erections and demolitions.  If you're struggling to coax the old root and stem to grow in your direction, you need a Gardener (there's a 'Brandon' at the ready for every occasion)...

Haha.  So many (Br)angles with this one.    

1 hour ago, ravenous reader said:

Unfortunately, I surmise so is GRRM!  Perhaps he'll catch up with my ideas for some inspiration (I'm the devil's muse, after all)...he he.

You certainly are, lol.  Let's hope you and many others are wrong (he says with no confidence at all)

1 hour ago, ravenous reader said:

Yeah, for sure.  The dragon has three heads...;););) 

Love it.  :D:D:D

1 hour ago, ravenous reader said:

Yes, you've outdone yourself and brought all my nennys to moaning and groaning -- whether from frustration or pleasure, I'll leave shrouded in mystery...:P

Oh dear, that could go either way, which is never a good thing.  I'd say it's about 50/50?  I apologise for lowering the tone after your eloquent and wonderfully written rendition of Bran in Jon's broken sword.  :blush:  But as eloquent as you always are..............the fact still remains you were talking about Bran in Jon's Longclaw so all is fair game after that.  In other words, it's your own fault if your nennys were moaning and groaning in frustration.  I may have brought shame on myself and my family, but I protest I was led on by the devil's muse.  :P

2 hours ago, ravenous reader said:

You're unstoppable, now that you've risen to attendance at Brandon Stark's behest, the indisputable King of the Night and ultimate master over all its (1000 and one-) eyes, spies, sighs, pries, thighs, flies, highs, cries, and my-oh-mys...  (maybe Sam also got some help from Bran hoisting the sails on that infamous fat pink mast...) 

 

 

I went too far you mean.  ;)  Perhaps so, but there was this cool poster talking about various phallic symbolism such as broken swords, cave entrances etc.  I think I picked up these ideas from her.  :dunno:  ;)

Hahahaha, loving that link.  Oh my!

2 hours ago, ravenous reader said:

I've just realized why Bran has diverted from the good path and needs to be checked -- 'the man who passes the sentence must swing the sword'...since when does this admonition include bran(dishing) other men's swords?  Abomination!  

Aha, you see it's all becoming clearer!  Good work again.  :lol:

2 hours ago, ravenous reader said:

(P.S.  You know 'Stark' in German means 'strong'...so, no, I don't think you got the wrong house at all!)

Well there you go, everything is falling into place!  This would all make a well supported, if not tinfoil heavy theory.  :blink: 

I hope there was more nennys moaning and groaning in pleasure than frustration, but I again sincerely apologise for any cringing I caused.  Your fault.      :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so doing your own research means stealing everything you just said from the "game of theories" youtube channel? almost word for word?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's an old theory, and while I see it as completely possible, I certainly hope not. It's a tired old trope, and I hope they can muster something a little more original. The paradox doesn't make any sense, the NK tries to kill Bran, in which case he (the NK), if successful,  would have never existed in the first place?

I guess you can argue that the NK wants to die, but if that is his case, none of his actions seem to point to that as his motivation? Why not just walk up to Jon Snow and kneel before him so Jon can take his head with longclaw? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/7/2017 at 5:45 AM, Error-504 said:

It's an old theory, and while I see it as completely possible, I certainly hope not. It's a tired old trope, and I hope they can muster something a little more original. The paradox doesn't make any sense, the NK tries to kill Bran, in which case he (the NK), if successful,  would have never existed in the first place?

I guess you can argue that the NK wants to die, but if that is his case, none of his actions seem to point to that as his motivation? Why not just walk up to Jon Snow and kneel before him so Jon can take his head with longclaw? 

Maybe the only way the Night King can die, Is if he kills himself at a time when he wasnt invulnerable. What if Valyrian steel or dragon glass doesnt work. Then what. Maybe the only way Night King can die is by killing his younger more vulnerable self.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now